aberdeen-music

T in the Park Line-Up 2011

FOX

Fuck this....

Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Tom Jones My Chemical Romance, Deadmau5, Pendulum, Brandon Flowers, Weezer, Manic Street Preachers, Jimmy Eat World, Chase and Status, All Time Low, White Lies, The View, Jessie J, KT Tunstall, Blondie, Ke$ha, Cast, You Me At Six, Crystal Castles, Ocean Colour Scene, The Sa...turdays, Eels, Hurts, Bright Eyes, The Streets, The Vaccines, Noah and the Whale, House of Pain, Slam, Imelda May, Josh Wink, Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77, Miles Kane, Vitalic, Eliza Doolittle, Diplo and Stornoway.

Fuck this....

Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Tom Jones My Chemical Romance, Deadmau5, Pendulum, Brandon Flowers, Weezer, Manic Street Preachers, Jimmy Eat World, Chase and Status, All Time Low, White Lies, The View, Jessie J, KT Tunstall, Blondie, Ke$ha, Cast, You Me At Six, Crystal Castles, Ocean Colour Scene, The Sa...turdays, Eels, Hurts, Bright Eyes, The Streets, The Vaccines, Noah and the Whale, House of Pain, Slam, Imelda May, Josh Wink, Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77, Miles Kane, Vitalic, Eliza Doolittle, Diplo and Stornoway.

It doesn't fill me with loadsa excitement but at the same time it seems alright actually. Certainly looks like it could be better than past couple of years.

Also doesn't look like it will attract neds like flies to shit.

Weezer kind of put me off. One of my favourite bands (in terms of their first 2 albums and bits of Green and Maladroit) that are truly a shadow of their former selves. Anything they've released since the aforemention records is frankly unlistenable. I see that Patrick plays Rivers' guitar parts now, they've drafted in a new drummer, and Rivers runs about the stage like fucking Axl Rose. That's not cricket. That's not Weezer.

Other than that, Jimmy Eat World, Eels and Bright Eyes all receive 7-10/10 on the YAS scale. I probably wont go though.

The festivals i've been to have been very much the largest collection of amazing friendly people i think i will ever encounter. All i know of titp is fighting and underage piss ups. When i worked in morrisons i went to download, came back and the other who went had loads of great stories of meeting random people and having a great time. A few weeks later the titp crowd would come back to word, start it off the same but the story would then to with "but then... " and there would be a story about how they got into/encountered a fight or some too drunk/high person fucked everything up.

For some reason, I cannot follow this post.