aberdeen-music

Foos - White Limo

Guest Bob Knob

Hopefully the rest of the CD isn't a total shitter.

I can ssure you, it will be. They love a decent single followed by a woeful album. Even that song The Pretender was a pretty good hard rock number, and this song is also bae nad. Long live Pat Smear though. May he live long and prosper.

I haven't liked anything by them for ages apart from the Long Road to Ruin single, which was pure pop joy. For me, their last good album was There's Nothing Left To Lose. It's totally schmaltzy soft-rock, but it's also totally good. One by One was a bit guff. It just generally sounded really awkward and needlessly complicated. It has no songs.

Havent listened to the song yet, but I just wanted to mark my hatred for The Foo Fighters. Carry on.

This [except I listened to the song, which I won't do again].

Should be a great band given the members previous endeavours [sDRE, Nirvana, The Germs et al] but they are just so...average. 'Hard rock for Radio 1 listeners' is an analogy I heard once and I think it rings true.

Foo Fighters became a non-entity in terms of record buying after the first couple of albums for me, although they did have a couple of OK-ish singles after that.

After going to see the stadium rock monstrosity at Wembley the other year I now have no interest in them in any capacity whatsoever. All the same 'crowd pleasing' moves as at TITP 2 years before...and Dave Grohl made a comment of 'thank god for no drum solos' in an article about The Beatles where he gave a spiel on Ringo, then he lets Taylor Hawkins do drum solos. So he is a big fat liar face who allows drum solos, ugh.