aberdeen-music

The Hip Hop Thread

Lemonade

Guest Tam o' Shantie
All of them I think? The tour was marketed as being the first time the full line-up had toured since 2007 or something like that.

Sweet, can't wait to check out some new rhymes from ODB!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

finally this dude is getting some column inches, now peep the new 'freestyle'

Domo Genesis [OFWGKTA] - Boss Life | New Hip Hop Music & All The New Rap Songs 2011 | HipHop DX

apparently it's a dre beat from the recent/new snoop dogg album, that's pretty believable, i'd have no idea as i'd probably rather buy a Jedward album than any new release from snoop

Think that's 2001. The one with Eminem all over it. The Chronic is better and has Snoop Doog all over it. Which is awesome, because Snoop Dogg is awesome. Well, was awesome before he started making all the shit club music.I like 80s rap when it was all with the positive message, and 90s gangsta rap, but most of the past 10 years has been horse, it's all R&B now, Rihanna and Chris Brown and shit like that. Sleazy dudes singing about fucking. Usher for example. What a fucking cunt. If Biggie was still around he'd fling his own shit at him.

I couldn't have put that better myself, Gangsta rap gave old school grooves to a new generation of listeners but the new stuff is just bland, boring, over repetitive rubbish.

The Chronic is one of my all time fave rap albums along with Doggystyle,

I'd say "popular" hip hop has been bad for the past 10 years.

Most "popular" music is crap though, isn't it?

The artists that are pushed to the forefront will always be of a lesser standard than those who create music for artistic reasons rather than profit. Same as any other genre.

Guest Giles Walker
PM me, I'd love that & anything you think is good, bad or simply educational.

Cool, gimme a few days and i will up a zip for you.

As for the popular music being crap comment, i reckon it depends on your taste.

In the late 80s De La Soul and Tribe were on TOTP and The Jungle brothers were in the charts along with a few bits and bobs like Silver Bullet and some interesting acid house stuff like 808 State, Lil Louis, LFO, Nightmares On Wax.

Today people look back on the Native Tongue era as being quite classic and most of it charted in the uk.

I quite liked the Neptunes/Timbaland era of production in the early 00s, a lot of that filled radio 1's playlist during the day back then and i wasn't mad at all.

Wu-Tang gig was quality. Sound was a bit dodgy but the show was great despite Rae, RZA and Deck not being there. Meth is a helluva ringleader.

And that new Nas track is quality. Best single he's done since Made You Look. No overproduced beat, no shitty Keri Hilson chorus.

Wu-Tang gig was quality. Sound was a bit dodgy but the show was great despite Rae, RZA and Deck not being there. Meth is a helluva ringleader.

Once they turned up! DJ Semtex had a fair job stalling for them, what abuse he was getting! Near where I was standing, anyway.

I was going to say "Man, Semtex is blowing up", but I didn't know if it would be funny. I spent the rest of the time mourning potential lost laughs. Great show, but clouded in doubt.

Once they turned up! DJ Semtex had a fair job stalling for them, what abuse he was getting! Near where I was standing, anyway.

I was going to say "Man, Semtex is blowing up", but I didn't know if it would be funny. I spent the rest of the time mourning potential lost laughs. Great show, but clouded in doubt.

Yeah, he was getting pelters. Hardly his fault they turned up way late, but whatevs. He was spinning a curious blend of stone cold classics (Black Star, Mobb Deep, Gang Starr, Nas, etc.) and utter, utter guff (Rick Ross, FUCKING HOUSE OF PAIN) but he wasn't exactly terrible. Poor lad. The tunes that were good helped the delay fly by though.

Highlights: Triumph, Duel of the Iron Mic, Bring the Pain, obviously everything from Chambers.

Kanye track from the MBDTF sessions. Although it has a older kanye sound to it. Great track.

MP3: Kanye West Mamas Boyfriend | One Thirty BPM

So this is fake. Statement from Universal:

"The version of the Kanye West recording Mamas Boy that arrived on blog sites earlier this week is entirely bogus and unsanctioned, and violates the artists creative intentions. As is often the unfortunate case, an unknown party or parties got a hold of Kanye Wests vocal track and added their own soundbed to it, effectively and falsely releasing it as a Kanye West track from the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy sessions. The result in no way resembles the final song Kanye West intended his fans to hear, and he is deeply disappointed that one of the most personal, meaningful and special songs he has ever written would reach people in this way. Needless to say, measures are being taken to identify and prosecute the persons responsible for leaking this material."

Quite surprising news. Considering how good the track is.

That lad was in the Evening Express today. To be honest, it's a better attempt at hip-hop than I've heard from any other Aberdeen artist (apart from this guy, of course:

) so fair play to him. I wouldn't choose to listen to it but at least there's not an OTT distracting Doric accent.