aberdeen-music

The food court in the bon accord center is closing

cool1

Just to let everyone know the food court in the bon accord center is closing in March 2011 with 100 people out of jobs :down:

Rumours are that the replacements will be

* Harry Ramsdens

* Mcdonalds

* Pret a manager

* Cafe Rouge

Which will open in Winter 2011

do you think these are good replacements

Just to let everyone know the food court in the bon accord center is closing in March 2011 with 100 people out of jobs :down:

Rumours are that the replacements will be

* Harry Ramsdens

* Mcdonalds

* Pret a manager

* Cafe Rouge

Which will open in Winter 2011

do you think these are good replacements

Probably just as well, the current outlets are pretty expensive and not particularly good, whatever you think of those brands they will give the consistency and pricing associated with large chains.

And I guess they'll provide around 100 new jobs. :up:

It is closing down, but they are aiming to go down the same route as Union Square and open a few "proper" restaurants on the top floor which will be open late, so it'll probably be more chains like Chiquito or Frankie & Bennies.

Its closing because competition from Union Square

the pattiserie unit has closed already

and is being made into 4 Units

due for completion winter 2011

Its closing because competition from Union Square

the pattiserie unit has closed already

and is being made into 4 Units

due for completion winter 2011

Yes. I know. Like I said, it is closing because they are trying to be more like Union Square, which is making a killing with those proper restaurants being open until 11pm so it's obviously a good strategy.

Probably just as well, the current outlets are pretty expensive and not particularly good, whatever you think of those brands they will give the consistency and pricing associated with large chains.

And I guess they'll provide around 100 new jobs. :up:

bit of a long wait though

Yes. I know. Like I said, it is closing because they are trying to be more like Union Square, which is making a killing with those restaurants so it's obviously a good strategy.

read your post wrong I thought it said Is it closing rather than It is closing

my mistake

Why don't they just open up another Greggs or two but this time inside the building?

I quite liked some of the food upstairs but that's only once or twice in the space of a couple of months.

I'd appreciate some restaurants that aren't already in Aberdeen.

A fattie arbuckles would go down a treat. Get to fuck with a mcdonalds though. Isn't there enough fat,lazy coooonts in Aberdeen?

It was pricey but you'd be full for a week after one of their macaroni cheese + chips portions. Hoora size.

Truth. It was like that in most of the stalls, dear as fook (for a mall anyway, still cheaper than pub food) but huge portions and extremely filling. The massive burgers in the American bit with the bacon and barbeque sauce were teh nutz. The half pizza / chips / drink meal was good as well.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

As others have thankfully echoed it was not cheap and the quality was utterly mediocre. i'm all for supporting local business but I won't pay over the odds for crap food just because it's not being dished out by a corporate brand. The job situation is not nice but hopefully the current workers will find employment at one of the replacement shops or better still, take the opportunity to seek something more serious in Aberdeen's fairly decent job market.

Given the choice between overpriced pish like AMERICAN and ICE CREAM or another McDonalds, I'd tick the 3rd box and pick E.A.R.L or another hard working local shop who could do well with a busier location at the right price.

• Upvote 1

i'm all for supporting local business but I won't pay over the odds for crap food just because it's not being dished out by a corporate brand.

Who is to say the food court was a "local business"? It may have been but it's by no way certain. For all I know the Bob Accord Centre is owned by some Dubai based private equity firm or something.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Who is to say the food court was a "local business"? It may have been but it's by no way certain. For all I know the Bob Accord Centre is owned by some Dubai based private equity firm or something.

I agree 100% actually and forgot to make same point in my post.