aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Now I think that's debatable as well.

I've played a couple of J200's and they are really good and look nice. However I wouldn't say they look a lot better than a J45. there's something pretty cool about a J45 I think.

It depends really, I love them both but I love jumbo acoustics, I wish Epiphone done a j45 because they do most other models

Gibson acoustics are all right, they're no Martin though.

Also debatable I suppose but it depends on what you like. Acoustics are no different from any other guitar.....you pay your money and make your choice.

I have a LP Jnr DC RI and a melody maker from R&B. The LP was 5 times the price of the Melody maker....however I prefer the sound of the MM and would sell the LP long before the MM.

Part of the enduring appeal of the J45 is the stripped back nature. It's a working musician's instrument.

To my mind, some gelled haired mongol would use a J200 as a prop while miming on the X Factor. Woody Guthrie would play a J45.

In practical terms, a J45 is a good compromise in terms of tone while strumming or fingerpicking. It sounds great at both. You're not really going to sound great fingerpicking on a J200.

Then there's the cost, typically about a grand more? If money was no object I would have one of each but in the real world you would be better off with a J45 and a nice strat or whatever.

Anyhoo, the J180 looks best in any case. :)

Part of the enduring appeal of the J45 is the stripped back nature. It's a working musician's instrument.

To my mind, some gelled haired mongol would use a J200 as a prop while miming on the X Factor. Woody Guthrie would play a J45.

In practical terms, a J45 is a good compromise in terms of tone while strumming or fingerpicking. It sounds great at both. You're not really going to sound great fingerpicking on a J200.

Then there's the cost, typically about a grand more? If money was no object I would have one of each but in the real world you would be better off with a J45 and a nice strat or whatever.

Anyhoo, the J180 looks best in any case. :)

I like the j200 as it's better for my big body and I find it more appealing visually but your right for the finger picking part, the j200 is a strumming machine. I suppose the j45 would be a better option that way but that's just personal preference same price wise, your near double that price for a j200 second hand. I like the j180 just I'm not a fan of the double pick guard thing.

Message for moon moon (or anybody else out there looking) , I may have a Gibson CJ165 for sale soon , it's a rosewood / antique sunburst original no cutaway model ( very desirable , check the net) , can't quite make my mind up if I should sell it or keep it ........interested ?..... Make an offer ?

Edited by kybosh

Message for moon moon (or anybody else out there looking) , I may have a Gibson CJ165 for sale soon , it's a rosewood / antique sunburst original no cutaway model ( very desirable , check the net) , can't quite make my mind up if I should sell it or keep it ........interested ?..... Make an offer ?

maybe once I get a new job, depends how much your looking for it