aberdeen-music

Drummonds doesn't do gigs for local bands??

I'm sure Flash will be along to say if I'm wrong but I think the reason the Moorings only books for a Saturday is becasuse of the fact it has neighbouring people who could complain about loud gigs on a weekday.

not any more. as of today, the moorings is open til 3am on fridays and saturdays, and we'll now be putting on a couple of bands on fridays too... woop woop

not any more. as of today, the moorings is open til 3am on fridays and saturdays, and we'll now be putting on a couple of bands on fridays too... woop woop

This is excellent news. Well deserved.

I have to admit that I generally agree that the venues seem to be thinning a bit. I still miss Drakes. I saw some incredible, weird stuff there.

Have to disagree with you min. Sure, there are a lot of gigs going on in Aberdeen but the number of punk/HXC gigs (i.e. the kind that you would go to!) seems to be on a constant decrease. Hence why I was looking forward to Wormrot so much when they were here a couple of weeks ago; there hadn't been a line-up that good in Aberdeen for that kind of music for quite some time!

Yup, that's the point I was trying to make. Gigs tend to be more enjoyable if they're more of an occasional event, as opposed to folk thinking "Doesn't really matter if I miss it, there'll be another gig like that next week". That Wormrot gig was an utter blinder. :D

So, quality not quantity really. :)

I can't say I see the lack of passing trade as necessarily a bad thing unless you really want a crowd to the extent that you are happy to play to a crowd of neds, drunks and general ne-er do wells that often turn up in Drummonds.

I managed once to get rid of many of those types from Drummonds by taking part in what can only be described as "experimental" music. Experimental as in "let's see how many people leave after we play 20 minutes of noise while abusing them". :)

I think more gigs should be played at Drummonds. Nothing against Tunnels but I prefer Drummonds. Tunnels, seems, and sort of is isolated. I just get a better vibe from Drummonds and doesn't have such a claustrophobic feeling in there. You can't get phone reception either! I'm into hardcore and like music and the amount of venues is incredibly slim. Gigs are never played at Music Hall, obviously too expensive, nor the Lemon Tree. And it seems only bigger bands only play at Warehouse.. Looked like Korova started getting some gigs going on, but I can't remember anything been played there since Have Heart, but I could be wrong!

Just my opinion that's all! :)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I must observe that Fuck I'm Dead is the best name for a band I've heard in ages' date=' though it might be funnier with a comma after the fuck, I'm imagining it with the accent.[/quote']

They're full title is actually

Fuck...I'm dead

Just as good as a comma if not better.

Am I the only one who finds it saddening that a music venue will be judged on whether you can get a mobile phone signal? ?(

I dunno, aren't you guys saddened that I'm missing your gig on Saturday 'cause I'm on call and can't get a signal in the tunnels?

I dunno, aren't you guys saddened that I'm missing your gig on Saturday 'cause I'm on call and can't get a signal in the tunnels?

That's a shite excuse. We will play for about 25 minutes tops. You could watch us and leave and then if you have missed a call claim you were in the bog struggling with a jabby jobby or something.

Guest idol_wild
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

They're full title is actually

Fuck...I'm dead

Just as good as a comma if not better.

They have an awesome song called Anal Abattoir. I remember John Peel playing it on his show about 12 years ago or something. Inbetween Nick Drake and Half Man Half Biscuit.

Genius.

They have an awesome song called Anal Abattoir. I remember John Peel playing it on his show about 12 years ago or something. Inbetween Nick Drake and Half Man Half Biscuit.

Genius.

The vocalist played in heads Kicked Off. Their song titles are fucking great.

Bare foot and shit faced

Army Of Hermaphrodites

Slowly Raped With A Chainsaw

Pickled Member

Cliteral Damage

The vocalist played in heads Kicked Off. Their song titles are fucking great.

Bare foot and shit faced

Army Of Hermaphrodites

Slowly Raped With A Chainsaw

Pickled Member

Cliteral Damage

Grind and Powerviolence song titles are great. I personally like Combatwoundedveteran's song titles (possibly more than their music)

Got a slingshot. Wanna get hurt?

Q: What kind of name is Scrotum Grinder? A: A bad one.

The Ultimate Warriors have possibly the best ones I've heard...

You Look Like A Gremlin

Karate Has Nothing To Do With Hardcore

What the fuck happened to Napalm Death?

Title Your Songs, Asshole

Do we need any more punk compilations?

I'm not hardcore enough to like Star Wars

The guy at the 7-11 looks like a leprachaun

Do you think sexism is wrong? Hey! So do we!

In reference to hardcore kids

Our gimmick is wrestling

Still think Americunt had the best ones, so no apologies for giving some of them again...

You can't argue and say Americunt's good, because we made it, and we know it's gay.

Limp Bizkit make gay music because they listen to Tool, and Tool are shit.

Kurt Cobain-dead, Tupac-dead, die Maynard cunt! Fuck you!

Goths are shithouse.

Without the enzyme, zymase, converting starch into simple sugars, your yeast is fucked and it will be unleavened bread for all.

The fact that you listen to Tool makes you dumb enough for me to need no other reason to kill you.

No matter what the reason for you ripping up your arms is, you're still a fucking tosser.

So what if every second song I write is about hating Tool, they're fucking shit and I hope they die...and fuck you for giving a shit, you gay fucking Tool-loving bumjacking cunt! (you deserve to die)

I'll say sorry when you give me my bike and my virginity back, you crazy paint-sniffing faggot.

We killed Euronymous, and threatened to kill Varg, so he took the rap for us because he's a pussy.

Our golden arches were inappropriately placed on the radio last night.

I hate those shithouse grind songs that just repeat the title a couple of times before exulting in a noise outro.

And my personal favourite:

You listen to Tool because you want to kill yourself, and you listen to Slayer because you want to kill everyone else.

:laughing:

• Upvote 1