aberdeen-music

The organising and the playing of Football

Soda Jerk

I really wish that was a shot, because it was proper postage stamp. I was trying to find Scootray's coupon, but he got just under it - it might have even back-combed his hair a little...

I was going for the flick on into the goal but ended up just being a distraction to the defence/goalie. I felt the wind of the ball though, does that count?

Guest Gladstone
I was going for the flick on into the goal but ended up just being a distraction to the defence/goalie. I felt the wind of the ball though, does that count?

Does it fuck. You've admitted to no contact. This means I scored 5 goals on my first Aberdeen-Music football outing. You can have an assist for distracting the keeper, but that's yer lot.

Guest idol_wild
I propose in the next match Gladstone has to play wearing big heavy steel toecapped engineers boots that are two sizes too big. Since he's quite good.

To, too and two all used in one sentence there. Go me.

EDIT - Or maybe we could tie some weights to his ankles?

Just bin the ginger fuckhole.

Guest Gladstone
Just bin the ginger fuckhole.

That's more like it.

That's how I was taught to play football. If anyone in the opposing team is causing any sort of threat, wipe him out. Threat nullified.

We have Nefarious C for this.

Guest Gladstone
you must spread...

and that dimitri fella scored at least 6, your not top scorer yet!

You would have probably scored about 6 if Craig wasn't knee-highing you everytime you got the ball ;)

Shame that there's such an ageist policy :down:

Still, it's admirable that the organisers don't appear to have sizeist or heightist policies, as it seems that wee fat guys are getting a game :laughing:

You have passed the shit banter test. In for Monday then? No kicking folk, mind...

Guest idol_wild
That's more like it.

That's how I was taught to play football. If anyone in the opposing team is causing any sort of threat, wipe him out. Threat nullified.

You and I are from a similar football schooling:

"Get stuck into him, min!"

"Safety first, min. Just get rid!"

"Stick i'heid on it, Phil!"

"That's the game, Phil - let him know you're aboot"

I was a ball-playing central midfielder, and I never once got encouraged to pass the ball. Just to tackle, head, punt, and bin folk.

Guest Gladstone
You and I are from a similar football schooling:

"Get stuck into him, min!"

"Safety first, min. Just get rid!"

"Stick i'heid on it, Phil!"

"That's the game, Phil - let him know you're aboot"

I was a ball-playing central midfielder, and I never once got encouraged to pass the ball. Just to tackle, head, punt, and bin folk.

It's the same school where the Celtic captain learned his trade.

Guest Gladstone
Sports Village is a no-go for Monday, chaps :(. Pitches are fully booked from 5pm. Gutted.

Seaton instead? Would anyone be able to play at ASV on another night?

Thursday's the only other night I could manage.

EDIT: In all honesty, I canna be arsed with Seaton either. I like having walls and a proper goal so I can curl crosses into the top corner.

Do we have an aversity for playing at Goals? It's no ASV, but it's better than a rectangle of grass.

You have passed the shit banter test. In for Monday then? No kicking folk, mind...

Yeah, available, if selected.

I think after all the I-can-definitely-smell-shite talk about overhead kicks and curlers into the top corner, you youngsters could do with some schooling in the blood'n'snotters aspects of the beautiful game.

Guest Gladstone

I think after all the I-can-definitely-smell-shite talk about overhead kicks and curlers into the top corner, you youngsters could do with some schooling in the blood'n'snotters aspects of the beautiful game.

Hey man. Fuck off - I definitely curled a cross accidently into the top corner. It was a thing of beauty.

Just to get you up to speed, we don't use those heavy brown leather balls any more, and whiskey and fags at half time have been replaced by water and sports drinks :finger: