aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Sheffield Wednesday are destined never to win a game of football again. I said last year that if we got relegated, we'd go bust. We didn't, but to drop into League 2, we certainly would go bust. Yo-yoing from the dizzy heights of the Premier League to the bottom rung of professional football, along with the likes of Bradford City and Swindon Town. Grim.

Tim Cahill can retire from kicking a football if needs be, since it's all in his bonce. Not King Pat though. The world is a better place with him in it, playing football.

Wednesday won't be missed. I could do without the misery too. Maybe they'll come back with ridiculous investment as a cheap, soulless footballing powerhouse, like MK Dons or Manchester City. I'd be completely fine with Wednesday being a cheap, soulless footballing powerhouse.

Sheffield Wednesday are destined never to win a game of football again. I said last year that if we got relegated, we'd go bust. We didn't, but to drop into League 2, we certainly would go bust. Yo-yoing from the dizzy heights of the Premier League to the bottom rung of professional football, along with the likes of Bradford City and Swindon Town. Grim.

Sounds familiar! Then low and behold Cambridge go and turf over the village idiots of Histon on their own patch and by fuck the world looks a better place tonight! Funny how just one game can change the whole mood.

And remember if Wednesday do go down your only one league from the sheer tinpotness of the BSP. I wouldn't wish that on anyone well maybe Peterborough...

Another cracking result for Blackpool tonight. Ian Holloway is a legend!

The Dons were poor tonight. As Paranoid Android said, another 3 points = good shit, but they were poor I'm afraid. Ryan Jack, Zander Diamond (for once) and Langers get pass marks from me, but that isn't saying a lot. We won though, which is the main thing. We'll have to play very well against Hearts - a lot, lot better than tonight - but I think we will.

McArdle was the only really poor performer tonight, but we need more from most. It's a good job that Hamilton are pish, because they had so much of the ball in dangerous areas and yet created hee haw.

Aluko, Diamond, McNamee and Bebo were the best of a bad bunch. Disappointed by Smith and Vernon, despite their effort. Experienced plaaaars should show better composure on the ball.

So... Dons for top six? Dundee United look like they are in a strong position, but they do draw an awful lot.

On current form you have to say that It's only Celtic, Rangers and Hearts that would be guaranteed, Killie are now only 7 points ahead of us.

On paper 7 points off fourth place with 6 games to go until the split. However, 4 of those games are away from home with the home games against Hearts and a resurgent (?) Hibs.

If we play like we did last night against Hearts on Saturday we'll be well beaten.