aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Watched the Man Utd v Crawley game tonight and have to say the conference side did very well. Although in reality there wasn't nearly as big a gulf as the two teams league positions suggest. Crawley have spent as much money on their squad as some League One clubs whilst the fringe team Fergie put out would struggle in the Championship I think! But Crawley equipped themselves very well even when Fergie brought on his bigger guns in the second half.

I didn't watch the United game. I knew it would be garbage. They should have put out the first XI and let them smash Crawley to bits. Bit of a confidence booster. Works in Football Manager, and I think Football Manager knows a thing or two more about management than Sir whatshisface.

It was good to know that Wes Brown is still alive and well, although to be behind John O'Shea in the pecking order must be enough to make him want to kick the bucket. Poor lad.

I watchted the last 10 mins of Orient - Arsenal yesterday, good timing for once. Great moment when they equalised.

The Barca - Bilbao match was good. Looked like it could have been more dropped points. Messi deserved to score the winner just for the incredible run he had which ended with him hacked down in the box and not getting a penalty.

I watchted the last 10 mins of Orient - Arsenal yesterday, good timing for once. Great moment when they equalised.

The Barca - Bilbao match was good. Looked like it could have been more dropped points. Messi deserved to score the winner just for the incredible run he had which ended with him hacked down in the box and not getting a penalty.

I was impressed by Bilbao striker Llorente in the game first time I've seen a full game of his he was unlucky not to score that header that Pinto (maybe his name, the barca keeper thats not Valdez) saved brilliantly.

Llorente is the man. He should get more of a look in for Spain since Torres is guff these days. Bilbao are a great team too. I love their ethos, but it's a shame they lose all their best home grown players, and they'll probably lose Llorente to Madrid sometime soon. Still a fantastic record that along with Real and Barca, they are the only other team not to have been relegated from the top flight.

Llorente is the man. He should get more of a look in for Spain since Torres is guff these days. Bilbao are a great team too. I love their ethos, but it's a shame they lose all their best home grown players, and they'll probably lose Llorente to Madrid sometime soon. Still a fantastic record that along with Real and Barca, they are the only other team not to have been relegated from the top flight.

Similar to The Dons then.

Praise be to Falrirks stadium.

Falkirks stadium did not prevent us from getting relegated. That is one of the myths of Scottish fitba that has been perpetuated by ignorant arserags like The Sun and The Daily Record. It is, quite simply, false, but dont let the facts get in the way of a good dig :up:

• Upvote 1

Local derby game for me tomorrow night against Histon Village FC, massive game for both clubs at the arse end of the Blue Square Premier. We'll embarrass the village idiots by taking four times as many supporters, they could embarrass us by beating our made up team of kids, freebie loans and not very good seasoned professionals. With no win in eight - seven of them defeats - it is squeaky bum time for the Cambridge support as we're in complete free fall, no manager, rumours abound of administration and, as you'd expect, confidence is at rock bottom. Equalizing in injury time to then concede straight away last friday against Kidderminster sums it up right now.

Still on the bright side, 2000 free portions of chips are to be given away at the game!