aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

That 'challenge' on Diouf animated gif we all saw last week has been heavily edited to make it look way worse than it actually was. Here is what really happened to poor little Dioufy

nnpnkh.jpg

lol

Where can we get the orginal gif? One posted earlier in this thread doesn't work and I wanted to show my Dad.

It's almost too predictable. I said that the moment they were sacked they'd end up on Talksport, only place I could see them going... or possibly Channel 5 Europa League coverage!

Speaking of strikers who never fulfilled their potential like Franny Jeffers, remember Michael Ricketts? Scored shit loads for Bolton, got an England call up, went to Middlesboro and has been crap ever since. Scored half his league goals at Bolton. Hasn't been with a club since May last year. Just the sort of player who ends up in the SPL!

Michael Ricketts | Football Betting | Soccer Base

See my post from last week, he was the old Andy Carroll

He scored 24 goals helping his side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22.

Then in his first season in the top flight he bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January, Including a goal against the reigning champions, away at Arsenal and in a home win over Liverpool. His form earned him an England call-up and a debut in an international friendly.

Is this a 35m striker?

No.

This is Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Also that Abramovich gif is ace. I've just made it my avatar on another forum (where they aren't stingy with av's :p)

I should go give some rep.

Has Cech's reputation diminished so much that he isn't even considered in the top group of premiership keepers these days. He'd definitely be in my top 5.

Gordon hsa some week areas, which were exposed some what against Stoke. He's made the best save of the season so far though and he can often make those super saves that really do win points for his team.

Thought Scotland took 15 minutes to settle, but looked pretty confident after that. Charlie Adam didn't look anything like the player he is for Blackpool, however reserving judgement until he plays a team other than the Northern Irish B team, because I thought he changed the game when he came on at Hampden v Spain.

Very pleased to see Chris Maguire get his first cap, too, he's been Aberdeen's stand-out this season and it's well deserved. Nice to see him always looking to get on the ball, too.

Rory McArdle on the other hand was woeful at times. He is not a good right back for Aberdeen (he is clearly a centre half), so definitely not a good right back at international level.