aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Suspected broken leg.

De Jong shouldn't be playing football. Considerable ability but the guy is a fucking animal, almost every game theres a ridiculous challenge or two (not that I should be one to talk about ridiculous challenges...)

What a hero Big Nige is. BAM! Out the game. Hard but fair. Proper football. The man of all men in a man's game.

Have to go on strike to get a transfer? BAM! None of that in my game. Beautiful.

If that's the kind of stuff that you're interested in then I suggest you start taking note of a few other sports. Dogfighting in particular.

The wall and the keeper had no chance. You just don't know what the taker is going to do if they run towards the ball dead on. No angle. Only Brazillians can do outside of the boot free kicks and not look stupid. Alex is ace. I thought they'd miss Carvalho this season, but apparently not!

Chelseas goals were stunning, but I don't think they've been great today. Just clinical. They've had a few chances, and took them. By right it should have been 3, but Essien fannied about. They've looked great on the counter, but that's more so because Arsenal have left themselves wide open.

Drogba just loves scoring against Arsenal.

great result for Blackpool. Loved the post match interview with Holloway where he said he'd start smiling when they have enough points to stay up! Liverpool really are in the shite now. They look as shit as Cambridge United and that's flipping saying something!

Don't worry, Hodgeson. It's not your fault. It's Gillett and Hicks's fault, according to the fans. It's their fault Glen Johnson cannot defend for all the life in him. It's their fault the entire back four looked toothless. Americans are definitely to blame for the whole team not being able to press high up the pitch on their own ground, against a newly promoted side. Get them out of Anfield!! When Torres is injured, all Liverpool have got is N'Gog. Again, it's the Americans' fault for stumping up the cash for a striker last season, Robbie Keane, who ended up being rubbish. It's their fault Robbie Keane is rubbish. Why would the Americans make him rubbish? YANKS OUT! Dalglish should buy the club, run it, manage it, play upfront and clean the boots.

606 goes into meltdown with Liverpool lose. It's well good.

ha ha brilliant post. So true. I rate Hodgeson as a manager but clearly he hasn't a clue what to do with a bunch of overpaid underachieving prima donnas. Sure you can pin a very tiny proportion of the blame on the off the field antics but at the end of the day the players and manager have got them in the relegation zone! but yeah blame the american owners!

great to see the legend that is DJ Campbell back in the Premier League!

ha ha brilliant post. So true. I rate Hodgeson as a manager but clearly he hasn't a clue what to do with a bunch of overpaid underachieving prima donnas. Sure you can pin a very tiny proportion of the blame on the off the field antics but at the end of the day the players and manager have got them in the relegation zone! but yeah blame the american owners!

great to see the legend that is DJ Campbell back in the Premier League!

I like Hodgson too. I don't think he's cut out to deal with egos though. Especially the newly crowned Incredible Sulk, Fernando Torres. There's just too many very good players in there who probably should be playing for a top 4 team, but aren't too willing to put the work in to keep Liverpool as a top 4 team. If they sacked Roy, they couldn't get a better manager in. There's no one available who is better, and they certainly couldn't afford to buy anyone better out of their contract.

I've always been in the camp that thought they should sell Torres. It's a lonely camp, but it makes sense to me. He's never 100% fit. He can barely put 90 minutes in, yet he's constantly rushed back because he is the only player they have who is capable of just about anything positive. There are 2 or 3 clubs who would be stupid enough to pay massive money for him, and Liverpool could use that to bring in 2 or even 3 strikers (or an actual full back, or "the next Steven Gerrard"), instead of relying on one man, who simply can't be relied on.

If they'd been willing to sell him before the world cup City would have offered something completely ridiculous and they could have replaced him with 3 or 4 top players. They could still get a lot of money for him January but his value has got to a lot less now. Their problem now though is that any player (or manager for that matter) who is genuinely good enough to play for a top 4 side would be mad to even think of signing for them. I'd be really surprised if we see Liverpool back in the champions league any time soon.

Chelsea yesterday showed why I think they'll win the league again but also why it probably will be a lot closer than it could be. There are definitely some frailties in the team, but Arsenal not being able to take advantage highlights why they wont win anything, again. Although to be fair with a fit and on form Van Persie and Fabregas in the team things could have been different. But it's always a load of ifs when it comes to Arsenal.

I've no idea how the Barca game finished 1-1 yesterday, they didn't necessarily have a huge amount of clear cut chances but there were countless times when they were in great positions outnumbering the defence and with players in space but then a pass was slightly over hit or not put into the the right area and the chance was gone.

With a 6-1 win and a point more than Barcelona Mourinho will be very happy with himself this morning. Barcelona v Valencia in the next round of games will be a big sign as to whether Valencia can put up a proper fight for top spot. If they win La Liga will be a lot more interesting than people were expecting this season. A little too interesting for my liking!!