aberdeen-music

A new grunge band :P

SooperKeef

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

It is sludge. But that begs the question, what is sludge?

Cool. So how did sludge evolve? How did we get from the ball-grabbing ear-piercing top of the vocal range metal vocals of the likes of Zeppelin et al to whatever the hell sludge is? And seriously, doesn't it hurt the singers throat?

Oh, and Ben out of Weapon did do a similar shouty thing but I take it they're not sludge then?

Basically it went from doom like sabbath and saint vitus, and it got heavier and more distorted.

And no, MMW were definately not sludge.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Slunge is a far more appropriate name for grunge/sludge fusion.

Clunge

Guest idol_wild
Supporting Escape To Victory in the Tunnels on the 7th (hopefully we'll get it together by then)

I'm meant to have my own band's album launch that night, but screw that. I'm coming.

Any chance of a guestlist spot? I mean I am Lee 'Deyzer' Dey's pal on this website now.

Guest idol_wild
Meh i dunno, we could ask for that

That would be really quite spiffing if you did. I'll be at the front, singing along in my flannel shirt and greasy hair.