aberdeen-music

Bah drummers and all their

Tav

• 1 year later...
:band: i'm a drummer in aberdeen and i've yet to see a drummer capable of playing a kit like this! usually its kids with rich folks that end up with equipment like this and they can't play shite!

Well i'm not a fan of that kind of lowly opinion on fellow Aberdeen drummers. See below' date=' i am an Aberdeen drummer and this is my kit, and although i have only used it once live (photo is 3 years old), i play every part of it, rather well it must be said, i'm no slouch with my techniche, and furthur more i dont appreciate your bemusing comment about kids with rich folks who cant play for shit, every part of it was paid for with my hard earned cash over a thirteen (13) year period.- we aint all students! :down:

[img']http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/bostaph/c90e5836.jpg

:band: i'm a drummer in aberdeen and i've yet to see a drummer capable of playing a kit like this! usually its kids with rich folks that end up with equipment like this and they can't play shite!

I can think of 3 local drummers who could easily play that. Chris (Element106), Oggy (Radio Lucifer), Scott (Risactonia).

Also, What is with the "rich kids" part? How did you work that out?

bonham's setup is spot on... much more inducive to some nice triple fills etc...

Bostaph; too much clutter indeed, balls to lugging that shite round to a gig... what happens if you play a gig in England somewhere and can't take all your drums with you - you'll have to rewrite your score?!!

bonham's setup is spot on... much more inducive to some nice triple fills etc...

Bostaph; too much clutter indeed' date=' balls to lugging that shite round to a gig... what happens if you play a gig in England somewhere and can't take all your drums with you - you'll have to rewrite your score?!![/quote']

He only takes some of his kit to gigs

He only takes some of his kit to gigs

So, in practice you play an awesome fill with all your bits n bobs... humph your kit to recording and put it down on CD, then live you can't repeat it as you dont have all your kit...

keep it simple - keep it good!?!

do you play very fast stuff?

and seeing as you have all that kit - perhaps you can tell me where i can get my hands on a hi-hat on a n air pump pedal?

Andy - the non teccy drummer. ;)

So' date=' in practice you play an awesome fill with all your bits n bobs... humph your kit to recording and put it down on CD, then live you can't repeat it as you dont have all your kit...

keep it simple - keep it good!?!

do you play very fast stuff?

and seeing as you have all that kit - perhaps you can tell me where i can get my hands on a hi-hat on a n air pump pedal?

Andy - the non teccy drummer. ;)[/quote']

Hey, i actually only use my whole kit nowadays for personal use, but the size allows me to take different setups to gigs depending on what i feel like at the time. i am more acustomed to playing a 5 piece with a couple of crashes and ride/china these days, but the moster still makes me work for the groove.

Yeah i do play very fast metal esque' stuff,(32'nds/ 64th's on the bass drums) but unfortunately i have a really bad right knee (got fluid on it) from pushing the envelope a bit too far, so sometimes all of a sudden it will just start a burning cramp which i cant recover from (Ie. what hapened at our tunnels gig on monday passed) and the bugger just swells up and i canae walk properly!

This is the price you pay for playing faster than your body was ever meant to move - GENE HOGLAN need i say more!

With respect to the hat question - do you mean a remote hi-hat with cable link? If so, you can try the ROCK FACTORY in Castleford / yorkshire. They will ahve what ya need, you might have to look up the number though!!

:cheers:

Holy shite' date=' Terry Bozzio's kit is getting ridiculous![/quote']

I got invited by the DW rep to a recent Tel Bozzio drum clinic in Glasgow which was on a few weeks ago. He owed me a big favour after screwing up my order....wrong bass drum, problem with the lacquer etc. Much to my annoyance, I couldnt make it cos I was on holiday.......especially annoying, cos he was going to treat me to a curry after the clinic along with Terry.

How gutting is that?