aberdeen-music

Bands you just can't stand

Soda Jerk

I don't like it but for ffs everyone, why such a backlash? Tens of people commenting on how awful it is, is it really that terrible? I don't like the keyboard sound or the guys singing accent but theres a lot worse out there.

Can you explain what is so offensive about it? Sounds like ignorable pop dirge to me, as I said.

When I heard it the first time, I thought it was actually the Postal Service and that they had become monumentally shit. I then realised it was some shit faced cock master ripping off the Postal Service, but only in the worst way imaginable. Hearing it makes me want to kick puppies into a wood chipper.

I've never (mercifully) had to endure any of her songs in full, but I keep getting ads for a song by some girl called "Ke$ha" on Spotify. Awful, and entirely unintelligble.

She sounds like she's gargling stones when she sings.

No doubt someone's going to turn that statement sexual.

She sounds like she's gargling stones when she sings.

No doubt someone's going to turn that statement sexual.

"She could gargle my stones"

How about that?

Personally, I think that song is dreadful and it makes my skin crawl. I think that I may be a bit too much of a right on wishy washy lefty for it however...

• Upvote 1

I saw Example support The Streets a few years ago and thought he was pretty good.

He has a song called "Watch the sun come up" and its fucking amazing. I actually want to marry the girl in the video.

It pains me to admit it, but some chump called Example did a cover of that Tick Tock song. It's on the Radio 1 Live Lounge page, and I secretly like it...

I heard it yesterday and it is pretty good.

I have to admit that the Ke$ha (or however you spell it) version is a guilty pleasure of mine.

As much 3OH!3 are annoying, that Starstruck (with weird spelling too) song with Katy Perry is catchy as well.

Christian Rock sucks dong - i.e. Creed. Personally i dont believe in God, but if i did i wouldnt listen to that shite.

I also hate Metro Station, i want to break Trace Sylers' face, and would happily pay anyone a sizeable sum to do so :)

Oh and that annoying Ipod song "Channne got the melody in my head...."

whatever its called - its pure gash, and so is all that pop/dance based rap which seems to be all about facebook and ipods and all that crap.

What ever happened to people writing their own songs about their own feelings?

In my eyes and artist isnt a proper artist of they cant write their own material.

Go fuck yourself Simon Cowell.