aberdeen-music

Stephen Gately dead

Cloud

My girlfriend was obsessed with Boyzone when she was a kid. Absolutely loved them. She's never seen them live, and although she doesn't like them now she's an adult, she really really wanted to go and see them when they played at the AECC earlier this year. She virtually pleaded with me to take her, even offering to pay for my ticket, and I was like "nae fucking chance!" figuring they'll be back in another couple of years and she'll find someone to go with then.

Yeah, that hasn't worked out so well. I couldn't give a fuck about Stephen Gately but I actually feel like a proper bastard today, especially since I've dragged her along to see so many bands she's never heard of or doesn't like. Now she'll never get to see Boyzone and it was my fault.

(Well not ALL my fault, I mean didn't sneak into the guys villa and kill him or anything, that bit wasn't my fault)

My girlfriend was obsessed with Boyzone when she was a kid. Absolutely loved them. She's never seen them live, and although she doesn't like them now she's an adult, she really really wanted to go and see them when they played at the AECC earlier this year. She virtually pleaded with me to take her, even offering to pay for my ticket, and I was like "nae fucking chance!" figuring they'll be back in another couple of years and she'll find someone to go with then.

Yeah, that hasn't worked out so well. I couldn't give a fuck about Stephen Gately but I actually feel like a proper bastard today, especially since I've dragged her along to see so many bands she's never heard of or doesn't like. Now she'll never get to see Boyzone and it was my fault.

(Well not ALL my fault, I mean didn't sneak into the guys villa and kill him or anything, that bit wasn't my fault)

You mentioned she's now an adult so hopefully it won't be the end of you as a couple.

Birds can be strange though....

I was obsessed with Boyzone when Iwas a kid. Absolutely loved them. I've never seen them live, and although I don't like them now I'm an adult, I really really wanted to go and see them when they played at the AECC earlier this year. I virtually pleaded with my girlfriend to go with her, even offering to pay for my ticket, and she was like "nae fucking chance!" figuring they'll be back in another couple of years and she'll find someone to go with then.

Fixed :up:

• Upvote 1

I saw Boyzone when I was 7 years old. My sisters friend pulled out because she had chicken pox. I actually volunteered to go, having absolutely no clue what a Boyzone even was, or what I was even letting myself in for.

I keep telling myself that my early stages of tinnitus are from playing in bands. But is it fuck. It's from Boyzone, and those screaming bastard girls.

My sister even made a banner. I was forced into holding it. It probably said something about wanting to shag Ronan. I don't really remember.

I had a great time.