aberdeen-music

Fudge 5th Birthday

Alkaline

I came up from Edinburgh last night just to see Tar, as I missed it all the first time around.

They were great and made me wanna play old school hardcore till I die.

I did'nt really enjoy the other bands that much, although Simon Gall and Lucy from The Cuts both have great voices.

The night did seem to drag, but maybe it because I knew I had a 2hr drive back home at the end of the night.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok!!!!

Last night was an example of what the FUDGE guys do and do best!

thats put on a gig with a cross section of talent in a kind of something for everyone approach which is just what we need!

and its that attitude which makes the local scene what it is

The unique act that is - Spike Pile Driver, they are great (you ether get it or you dont)

The extreme musical talent of - the Simon Gall Band

The vibrant and refreshing - Cuts

I loved Sucioperro truly rocking and hard edged wonderful

thank you Brian I felt their set alone was worth a 5.00

A good fudge night!!! BUT..

TAR Must have been some kind of in-joke

That I didnt get

But whatever they took some friends along who seemed to have fun and they played there set

And as long as when people say old school hardcore they mean gruff punk tunes written buy kids when they were at school, Thats fine!

A great Zine was launched and the FIRST of the fudge birthday gigs

Happened.

Looking forward to next Thursday!!!!

right enough. there's another three birthday gigs to disappoint. woop. woop.

i think they'll rock. but then i like sucioperro. they spent every penny i gave them on their hotel room for the night. so they drove from ayr for a midweek show - at their own exprense - which makes them very cool and DIY :)

i think i may make a little poll on fudgenet...

Guest valley69

I really enjoyed simon gall band, thought they were well groovy...i kept wanting to say things like 'nice' or 'jazz'.

Sucioperro travelled a fair distance and it was really a shame that people didnt come up to support them for that fact alone. Personally i saw similarities to biffy clyro but someone said that they were a biffy clyro wannabe band which i dont agree with, They were my favourite band of the night.

TAR , well i had never even heard of them before but due to my being pissed i just gave it shit along with the other folk on the dance floor and rocked out liked a motherfucker. Thought they played very well...Feel sorry for the two guys who got chucked out, that was a bit harsh from the bouncers, although to be fair the crowd were acting like statues all night so when a little bit of ruckus did occur the bouncers just acted outta sheer boredum.

spike pile driver, i saw the appeal but couldnt get into it.

i didnt feel we played our best but i think after more gigging experience we will learn a lot more. I just wish the crowd had livened up a bit and got behind some of the bands .

Ispike pile driver' date=' i saw the appeal but couldnt get into it.

.[/quote']

Och aye, well if people dont like the music then sometimes they smile at the banter, if you dont like the banter its good because we only bore you for 10-15 minutes :up:

Are you the singer of the Cuts? :laughing:

5!

Fudge is FIVE!!!! That's 5 years! 5 years of dedication, top fanzines, fine compilation cd's and nonsense! More power too em! CONGRATULATIONS GENTLEMEN!!

(lookin forward to Thursday by the way) :up:

P.S

I thought the SPD's fuck up of thier 2 second song was hilarious. Brill fun!

Fudge is FIVE!!!! That's 5 years! 5 years of dedication' date=' top fanzines, fine compilation cd's and nonsense! More power too em! CONGRATULATIONS GENTLEMEN!!

(lookin forward to Thursday by the way) :up:

P.S

I thought the SPD's fuck up of thier 2 second song was hilarious. Brill fun![/quote']

I blame Jake, he didnt give me a set list lol. I think I also need guitar lessons lol

I ended up with an old school tape recorder which is possibly defective' date=' thanks to the wondrous raffle and was horrendously (and uncharacteristically) drunk. I have memories of petty theft and of 'relaxing' myself against traffic bollards. The night ended on the front lawn of Marischal College at around 4.30 am with a bout of vomiting and wrestling. I apologise to anyone if I touched them inappropriately. Fudgenights make me do bad things...[/quote']

Adding to that tale... I got assaulted by Hugh Brute... no less than 4-5 times. I seem to also recall you telling Philip that you wanted your dick in his ass.

Asides that....

I enjoyed the evening. I was suprised that a band had already been on when I arrived a snippet before 9pm (Sorry to Hog, I was intending on watching your set :(). However I enjoyed all the bands... and I must say I loved the DJ set (Sharon, you are a goddess for playing Duran Duran, I shall bring you that DEVO cd next time I skip over to Drakes). It's true that TAR were the shining stars of the night, but I could have predicted that before I went through the door. I was also impressed by the wonderous Simon Gall band, and enjoyed their set very very much.

It's a shame most people kept to the back, there were enough people there to create a decent atmosphere. I stood/sat at the front for all the sets, and I can't say I can complain about any.

:)

Good night.... asides my bruises.

PS: My highlight was actually dancing around to 'My Sharona' at Drakes... tis my song after all.... so much good DJ-ing.

PS: My highlight was actually dancing around to 'My Sharona' at Drakes... tis my song after all....

mine too! i had to play it...my sisters name is clare and i was always pissed off she had a song with her name in....its the closest i was ever gonna get!!!

and she had the 'St Clair' boat with her name in....and 'St Clair Street' ....bitch!!! dont mean that really...am pissed...rant...sleep :love:

As for who was at fault for last night was it Fudge for putting forward a completely badly thought out gig?

no, im sorry, this actually makes me quite angy reading it again...what have you done for the aberdeen music scene in the past 5 years?! sometimes i think why do we fucking bother....?! X(:finger:

eek

no' date=' im sorry, this actually makes me quite angy reading it again...what have you done for the aberdeen music scene in the past 5 years?! sometimes i think why do we fucking bother....?! X(:finger:

eek[/quote']

Whoa now wait a fucking minute here!!!!!

I'll tell you what i've done over the past fucking five years- i've been to a fucking shitload of Fudge gigs, local bands gigs, clubnights, touring bands gigs all over fucking aberdeen. Not only have i whole heartidly supported both Brian and Craigs ventures but i've also spent a shitload of cash and time doing it - so fuck right off!!!!

I don't give a rats ass what you think you may have done for the scene over the past however many decades shithead but how dare someone who doesn't even know me challenge my support and efforts in the local scene.

I actually happen to have played gigs myself in your venue and from what i can remember there was virtually no standing room at any of them-this wasn't down to chance, no, it was hard work promoting my own gig- without much support from the 'scene' i may add.

So piss off.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with attitudes like this- i'm entitled to my own views so i don't expect to be personally attacked for them, it's not just me who felt that the gig was not up to much.

Christ all fucking mighty get a fucking life! :swearing:

Whoa now wait a fucking minute here!!!!!

I'll tell you what i've done over the past fucking five years- i've been to a fucking shitload of Fudge gigs' date=' local bands gigs, clubnights, touring bands gigs all over fucking aberdeen. Not only have i whole heartidly supported both Brian and Craigs ventures but i've also spent a shitload of cash and time doing it - so fuck right off!!!!

I don't give a rats ass what you think you may have done for the scene over the past however many decades shithead but how dare someone who doesn't even know me challenge my support and efforts in the local scene.

I actually happen to have played gigs myself in your venue and from what i can remember there was virtually no standing room at any of them-this wasn't down to chance, no, it was hard work promoting my own gig- without much support from the 'scene' i may add.

So piss off.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with attitudes like this- i'm entitled to my own views so i don't expect to be personally attacked for them, it's not just me who felt that the gig was not up to much.

Christ all fucking mighty get a fucking life! :swearing:[/quote']

Wow, are you Ben? Same self-important persecution complex anyway...

So, you haven't actually said why this gig was 'badly-thought out'. What should Brian have done then? If you've been to a 'shitload of Fudge gigs', then you must have enjoyed them, so what was different about this one?

yeh but to be fair' date=' alkaline was giving constructive criticism at the start which you can't go and give hassle for. Surely you aren't gonna slate Alkaline because he didnt enjoy that fudge night.[/quote']

Not slating anyone, just thought that 'badly thought out gig' needed a bit of clarification, s'all.

I'll tell you what i've done over the past fucking five years- i've been to a fucking shitload of Fudge gigs' date=' local bands gigs, clubnights, touring bands gigs all over fucking aberdeen. Not only have i whole heartidly supported both Brian and Craigs ventures but i've also spent a shitload of cash and time doing it - so fuck right off!!!!

So piss off.

Christ all fucking mighty get a fucking life! :swearing:[/quote']

ooh thats an awful lot of swearing..:nono:...calm down will ye....! :laughing:

i just think it was a kick in the teeth for brian and craig creating a post with a 'thumbs down' sign in the title, saying their birthday gig was 'badly thought out' and 'a rip off'....what an insult!!....dont you think?! :ding:

I totally agree with shaz!! I'm sick and tired of people putting down fudge! I mean everyone is entitled to there opinion, BUT there is a big difference between constructive criticism and just down right bitching guys!!

Those who are putting fudge down have absolutly NO FUCKING IDEA how much time and effort and many sleepless nights Brian has put into all the work he has done, and for what, he asks? so a bunch of fucking wankers who have probably contributed SWEET F.A. to the Aberdeen music scene compared to Bri Fudge( who by the way, organised everything and wrote the whole fanzine by HIMSELF!!)

cont....

so you all can sit there and slagg off his efforts?! I don't fucking think so...... why should he even fucking bother?

Show some support for those who are trying to develop the music scene instead of destroying their efforts, otherwise where the hell is the aberdeen music scene gonna be in a couple of years!!!

SHOW SOME FUCKING SUPPORT!!!!!!!