aberdeen-music

Sandi Thom vs Andrew Learmonth!

Dave-IRL

The sad thing is this has totally got people talking about her again which I would imagine was the idea behind it anyway. For every person slagging her there is unfortunately an evil opposer spouting shit like "Oh Sandi, you are amazing. I still love you - dont listen to that guy" - Exactly her plan! I smell a massive PR stunt!

Its a great tune though - had it playing in Drummonds pre soundcheck the other week. Got the crowds in. They mustve thought it was actually her!

Hello chaps, my first post here, ive joined because this thread has to be one of the best on the internet! sharp comments and humour! anyhoos, Thom has removed the song and comment from both her official website and Myspace page and replaced it with a sickening statement about not being understood and picked on all her life in the hope of gaining the sympathy vote from her dwindling public, she even goes on to comment about how both Lily Allen and Amy winehouse have an advantage over her although the claims she makes say nothing about the fact that they are both hugely successful and she isnt.

Will nothing stop this woman believing her own press releases?

There are some major differences between Sandi Thom and Amy Winehouse / Lily Allen. AM / LA have actually got some good songs for a start, and a media presence outwith the Evening Express. People actually care what they do. Both have two best selling albums and not just one stupid novelty radio hit.

I really wish she would accept her 15 minutes of fame are over and just fuck off. Give it another year in the wilderness and she'll be clambering out of cars with no knickers on to desperately try and generate some publicity. Only it'll be at the Turriff Young Farmers annual celidh and no-one will care. Then there will be a story in the News Of The World the next week with some teuchter revealing how he banged her over a hay-bale in the back of a barn. Then she'll record a song called "Fuck You For Fucking Me" and we'll be right back here making fun of her again.

• Upvote 3

The sad thing is this has totally got people talking about her again which I would imagine was the idea behind it anyway. For every person slagging her there is unfortunately an evil opposer spouting shit like "Oh Sandi, you are amazing. I still love you - dont listen to that guy" - Exactly her plan! I smell a massive PR stunt!

It's not a bad ploy to get people talking about you again at all. She got some newspaper column inches out of it and got people talking on here - so for a ten minute job, she's probably got more publicity than she would've done by releasing an ordinary song.

The fact that some people on here are so anti-Sandi means absolutely nothing anyway - they were hardly likely to buy her material in the first place!

Just read it. I kicked myself for doing so, as every click on her column probably makes the Evening Express think it's a success. But she deserves to be shot for this alone:

I remember driving from Boston to Niagara Falls with my mom and brother when I was seven a mammoth road trip which ended in us frantically failing to locate our pre-booked hotel.

:down:

Just read it. I kicked myself for doing so, as every click on her column probably makes the Evening Express think it's a success. But she deserves to be shot for this alone:

:down:

What a cunt she is. I read it in my grannies paper though, so I didn't feast her with clicks on the web-site.