aberdeen-music

Jimi Hendrix Murdered

Justin

Last time i read it, there was an article proclaiming that guitar hero was creating a generation of metal meat heads that only listened to pantera and slipknot. and how it was a danger to society. Great magazine huh?

Don't these people celebrate Pete Doherty?

Anyone that glorifies someone so utterly un-talented (never mind all his "extra curricular activities") doesn't deserve an opinion on anything.

The only danger Slipknot pose, is a world eyeliner shortage due to the massive influx of 14 year old boys wanting to look like Joey Jordison.

Don't these people celebrate Pete Doherty?

Anyone that glorifies someone so utterly un-talented (never mind all his "extra curricular activities") doesn't deserve an opinion on anything.

The only danger Slipknot pose, is a world eyeliner shortage due to the massive influx of 14 year old boys wanting to look like Joey Jordison.

They put him at number 1 in their "cool list" at the time he was a smackhead and banged up in Wormwood Scrubs for robbing his bandmate. Great example to set to the kids.

The thing that has always fucked me off about that magazine is it's propensity to seek out 'cool' bands as opposed to good bands. You can be total shit but if you look cool you'll get on the cover. Also how quickly they turn and start slagging a band off when they go off them. When I used to read it, they used to (rightly or wrongly) rip Stereophonics apart in every issue for being bland, but not constructively, they would just call them shit. I didn't like them in the first place but I'm sure a lot of people are influenced by that magazine and after seeing them get slated in every issue decided from that alone that they would also hate Stereophonics, and it became the cool thing to do, and probably led to a drop in album sales. It's worth stating that they used to champion Sterophonics and then just turned on them.

The same happened with The Darkness. When they first came out, NME was tripping over itself to suck them off, put them on the cover every week and use every superlative under the sun to describe them. Then it transpired that Justin Hawkins had refused to do any interviews with them and publicly called it a "shit-rag", and then just like that they were insulting The Darkness on every page. How is that in any way impartial? They do virtually nothing for music.

/rant

Guest idol_wild
Damn won't let me give you rep. I hate NME for exactly the same reasons! and all the people who read it religiously have the exact same attitude and the exact same kind of personalty as the people who write it, theyt should be put in a fucking gus chamber.

Uh-oh. That crazy hardcore punk is gonna kill you.

Not :up: