aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Totally isn't. Surely you must have read/heard about the amount of racist chanting that was directed at him last time. I just think that the fact there was such an uproar about it has only fuelled the hatred because the fans who don't consider him in any racial terms feel victimised/tarred with the same brush by the media. I dip into a spuds forum now and again and that's the vibe I get anyway.

To summarise... Not all spurs fans are racist, the ones that are have made the whole situation with sol worse and I don't think it would be as bad if he was white as the racial issue wouldn't be there at all.

Is there any other player hated as much by rival fans?

What a goal by rose!

There were 4 people arrested which is a minority in regard to the fans that were there, most of the chants were homophobic actually (not that that's ok either). He gets booed a lot, for a reason, he turned his back on the team that helped build his career to move on a free transfer to our arch rivals. Most people could've taken a switch to Man Utd with a bit more grace, but moving to Arsenal ffs. He set that up himself, does he expect the fans not to boo him?

I obviously don't agree with the racist/homophobic chanting directed at him from our fans but christ he gets similar treatment wherever he goes. It's not right at all, but it's not just Spurs fans that direct it at him.

You should've seen the treatment that Danny Rose got at the Leeds game, yet nobody crys their eyes out over that...

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I see Lafferty just got a boy sent off and got subbed straight afterwards. Is that his job at Rangers? The little shitebag.

Guest Gladstone

Aye - according to the reports, the boy did kick out at him - I wasn't suggesting that it wasn't a merited red card, but by "Lafferty got him sent him off", I meant wound him up and got a reaction...

Lafferty must be such a dick on the football pitch, I mean he even managed to get the otherwise always level-headed Scott Brown sent off.

That said - it did say that Lafferty made a massive meal out of the challenge as well. Seems to me that he intentionally gets himself into confrontations, then when a player reacts he hits the deck straight away every time, hoping for a red card. That's 3 red cards that I can think of in two seasons. The one against Mulgrew was just disgraceful. The one against Brown, I think Lafferty instigated the whole thing, and Brown did stupidly push his head into Lafferty's chest, but the way Lafferty turned and fell, holding his face was also disgraceful. Haven't seen the one from last night yet, but I'd imagine more of the same. It just seems weird to me that about 2 minutes after the Brown red card, Lafferty was subbed, and apparently the same happened last night. Surely that isn't his role in the team?

That said - it did say that Lafferty made a massive meal out of the challenge as well. Seems to me that he intentionally gets himself into confrontations... Lafferty was subbed, and apparently the same happened last night. Surely that isn't his role in the team?

Yeah, he did make a meal of it which is why I waited till I saw a replay. He shouldn't make supporters doubt him but he decision making is soooo poor.

And he does get into confrontations. Just prior to the sending off there was a wee bit of hangbags with the Dundee Utd player that got sent off which was instigated by Lafferty's arms. I want to chop off his gangly arms!!

He was subbed because he was rubbish... simple! He didn't actually contribute anything.

Guest Gladstone
Yeah, he did make a meal of it which is why I waited till I saw a replay. He shouldn't make supporters doubt him but he decision making is soooo poor.

And he does get into confrontations. Just prior to the sending off there was a wee bit of hangbags with the Dundee Utd player that got sent off which was instigated by Lafferty's arms. I want to chop off his gangly arms!!

He was subbed because he was rubbish... simple! He didn't actually contribute anything.

To be fair, I've just watched the highlights, and Lafferty jumped into the first challenge a wee bit, but nothing that doesn't happen loads of times a game, and the Utd player grabbed his shirt and gave him a kick. Lafferty jumped into the air, making a meal of it, but by that clip, Lafferty isn't nearly as culpable as he has been in the past. That said, there's no footage on the highlights of the previous incident you mention, which was probably still in the Utd player's mind when Lafferty went into the second challenge. Still - stupidy from the Utd player. And still - Lafferty is still a cunt.

Guest idol_wild
This reminded me of a story. I read a book a while back by a couple of guys who used to be in the Cardiff Soul Crew.

Ha - that book will have been exaggerated beyond all comprehension. Have you ever read Bloody Casuals by Jay Allan? He was the self-appointed 'leader' of the ASC in the 80s, and his book is clearly just utter wank. It was an interesting insight into how the hooligan mindset operates, but I have no doubt in my mind that almost all of the tales are completely erroneous.

Every hooligan firm claims to be harder than the rest. When really, they're no 'harder' than anyone - they just lack a considerable amount of intelligence.

While we're sort of on topic - I have never witnessed any major trouble amongst Rangers or Celtic fans - the worst behaved fans I have ever seen are (in order): Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian and Dundee United. I've been 'started on' by a Hibs casual, but he didn't get very far (and I assure you, I'm not even hard), and I once saw about 14 Dundee United fans circle about 5 Aberdeen fans and proceed to lay into them with aplomb, in the play park right outside Tannadice. The police actually stood and watched. I was so angry when I witnessed that incident that I literally just wanted to vomit.

Guest Gladstone
Ha - that book will have been exaggerated beyond all comprehension. Have you ever read Bloody Casuals by Jay Allan? He was the self-appointed 'leader' of the ASC in the 80s, and his book is clearly just utter wank. It was an interesting insight into how the hooligan mindset operates, but I have no doubt in my mind that almost all of the tales are completely erroneous.

Every hooligan firm claims to be harder than the rest. When really, they're no 'harder' than anyone - they just lack a considerable amount of intelligence.

While we're sort of on topic - I have never witnessed any major trouble amongst Rangers or Celtic fans - the worst behaved fans I have ever seen are (in order): Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian and Dundee United. I've been 'started on' by a Hibs casual, but he didn't get very far (and I assure you, I'm not even hard), and I once saw about 14 Dundee United fans circle about 5 Aberdeen fans and proceed to lay into them with aplomb, in the play park right outside Tannadice. The police actually stood and watched. I was so angry when I witnessed that incident that I literally just wanted to vomit.

Jay Allan is also a complete knob. He used to manage (maybe still does) our local rivals, and he was always a complete fucking tool.

In 2009/2010 North East Amateur Football news, Calum Crighton scored in 11 a sides for the mighty New Deer FC for the first time in about 2 years (having been out of the game for 14 months, I hasten to add) - and the first goal from outside the box in about 10 years...

Okay, it was just a friendly, but I don't fucking care...

(We also got beat 4-2, but for fuck knows what reason we had a squad of about 24 turned up last night, so the manager just picked a team for the first half and a team for the second half - I was in the second half team. We were 4-1 down at half time after some of the most shambolic defending I've ever seen for New Deer (and that's saying something), and I was playing out of position on right midfield (I don't have the pace for the wing these days, centre mid for me!) - so I'm claiming a 1-0 victory and I scored the only goal!)

To state the obvious, it was as if it was written by football hooligans. Chapter 1 - Went to a game, got into a fight. Chapter 2 - Went to a game, got into a fight. Chapter 3 - FA Cup game, got into a fight. I think I was interested in the mentality of a football thug so decided to buy a book. Don't know what I was expecting but it was a load of balls.

Despite them saying they are reformed I reckon they still itch for a bit of trouble. I remember many years ago the boy Jay Allan doing an interview in the paper where he stated he wasn't a hooligan anymore, didn't get into fights but he still goes drinking with them. Hmm, call me cynical!

I'm going to the Falkirk game on Saturday, chiefly because every Abdn season ticket holder gets to bring along one person for free.

Calling all soldiers of the Red Army | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Great work, good deal, and nice bit of proactivty there. This game is massive and the only reason I couldn't go in the first place was because I had zero cash in my bank account. Chuffed with this.

Guest idol_wild
I'm going to the Falkirk game on Saturday, chiefly because every Abdn season ticket holder gets to bring along one person for free.

Calling all soldiers of the Red Army | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Great work, good deal, and nice bit of proactivty there. This game is massive and the only reason I couldn't go in the first place was because I had zero cash in my bank account. Chuffed with this.

Are you a Falkirk fan?

Guest Gladstone
Come on man, say what you like but if the club is giving away tickets I think that's pretty fucking good.

I agree. I've been saying for years that the Dons should be doing something to try and increase the crowd.

It's a difficult one, because they could run the risk of reducing the cost of tickets, for the same number to turn up anyway, and all they've done is lose money.

In years gone by, the Dons have managed to fill the stadium for really important / big games, but I think this season they could run the risk of a fairly empty stadium in a crucial relegation run-in. The club can't afford to get relegated, so offering up 1 free seat per season ticket holder is a great idea in my opinion. You probably just need to win a couple of games and you're clear of relegation - so do this twice in the run in so you've got a decent crowd behind the team, which can make a massive difference. Hopefully it works!

Mint game last night, especially when they showed the replay of Rose's goal, whilst playing Seal's Kiss from a Rose. Quality. Ruddy tremendous strike though, although terrible goalkeeping again from LOLmunia. And Gareth Bale scored a goal! I can't believe it either. He's looking decent at the moment. It's almost a shame that he's Welsh.

Guest idol_wild
Come on man, say what you like but if the club is giving away tickets I think that's pretty fucking good.

It's certainly indicative, that's for sure.

I dunno, going to Aberdeen games has felt like a genuine chore over the past 5 years or so, with the standard of football and calibre of player directly corresponding with the decline in attendances and atmosphere. I have declined free tickets to watch Aberdeen several times over the past few years because it's a genuinely horrible experience trying to watch that club play a game of football.

Guest Gladstone

Fucking hell - I just saw Rose's goal on the interweb.

It is EXACTLY* like the goal I scored last night.

*in that the ball landed up in the opposition goal

Mint game last night, especially when they showed the replay of Rose's goal, whilst playing Seal's Kiss from a Rose. Quality. Ruddy tremendous strike though, although terrible goalkeeping again from LOLmunia. And Gareth Bale scored a goal! I can't believe it either. He's looking decent at the moment. It's almost a shame that he's Welsh.

I've been humming along to Kiss from a Rose all day, this explains where I heard it. :)

As for Rose's goal I've still no idea how it didn't end up out the stadium, did anyone see how far he was leaning back when he struck the ball? He was almost horizontal!

Wales can keep him, we (England) have got The Best Left Back In The World TM in Ashley Cole. Sky, ITV and the BBC all agree on that so it simply must be true.