aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Getting up at 7am for a train through to Inversneck for our match v. Raith.

Going to give this 3D TV thing a go as well, with the Man Utd v. Chelsea game. I take it I can just take my 3D glasses bought when I went to see Avatar?

You certainly can.

By 5pm tomorrow we might be a Premiership team again. Ahhhhhhhhh!

hope so and make the scum from london road a league one team again :up:

I'm actually hoping we don't get promoted until the Blackpool game next Saturday as I'm heading down for it, although I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we'll be promoted either tomorrow or on Monday.

I'm actually hoping we don't get promoted until the Blackpool game next Saturday as I'm heading down for it, although I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we'll be promoted either tomorrow or on Monday.

same with peterboro, even if they get a result against you, theyre almost certainly doomed for the drop to league one.

I'm listening to the Man Utd/Chelsea game on 5live. This is the first time I've experienced Alan Green's commentary. Oh dear God. Who employed him?!

I had to switch off, will watch the highlights later - the man is beyond the realms of irritating, he tries so hard to be controversial all the time and is constantly spouting opinion even though commentators are supposed to be biased. fucking wanker of the highest order.

Newcastle 3 - 2 Del's least favourite team.

Bristol City 1 - 1 Nott'm Forest.

Was kind of hoping Forest would get a victory so we'd have more chance of going up when I'm in Newcastle next week, but never mind. A point on Monday night against Sheffield United and we're back where we belong.

Newcastle 3 - 2 Del's least favourite team.

Bristol City 1 - 1 Nott'm Forest.

Was kind of hoping Forest would get a victory so we'd have more chance of going up when I'm in Newcastle next week, but never mind. A point on Monday night against Sheffield United and we're back where we belong.

oh well wasnt meant to be, they should be confirmed relegated by next saturday. meanwhile dels favourite team went up to geordie land and got universally raped by Gateshead... beyond caring now as this season is over its just a case of playing the games and building for next. actually it always hurts to lose to tinpot part timers but better to lose when there is nothing to play for but pride (and new contracts for most of the squad!).

Looking forward to SAF little purple face on MOTD later :up:

Bobby Mann sent off, while we're 1-0 down, for not fouling a diving Hedge-loving kent. Referee is clearly a cheat. It gets worse, blatant penalty which he's not given because... he's a cheating kent.

BUT NO! The linesman's flagging! He's telling the ref to give it! BANG 1-1. What's that Martin Bavidge can actually strike a ball on target from outside the box? Nah surely... BANG! Oh, so he can! 2-1. YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!

In other news, City just escaped with three points this evening. Lucky, like.

Guest idol_wild
A Premier League team 3-0 down after 7 minutes. That is hilarious.

A Premier League team with a manager who struggled in the Championship. I want that club to fail even more than it's already going to. Idiots.

I knew Chelsea would win today. They've got more "steel" about them than Manchester United, Ancelotti knows exactly how to get the best out of his players when the pressure's on.

Cliches: 3.

I knew they'd win too. Rooney often links the midfield and the attack single handedly. The way he drops deep, shifts the ball, and pelts forward. Berbatov would drop deep, make a reasonable pass, and then stay in the midfield, leaving Park to play as centre forward. There was no chance United were ever going to score like that. Berbatov just isn't assertive enough. He should really be playing behind a ruthless striker.

I think the game was alot more even than the scoreline though. The challenge on Park was a clear penalty, and Drogba was over a yard offside, which is baffling how that goal was allowed. Chelsea dominated the first half. United did the same in the second, but they are employing a tactic which revolves around the centre forward, which doesn't work when that striker isn't Rooney.

Also, if you looked at the two benches, Chelsea's depth, despite their injuries was remarkable. United have injuries too, which is meaning that Neville has to play every game and Berbatov has to be the focal point, but they still had no one who could come on and change anything.

I still don't think anyone is out of it. Arsenal's run in is constantly talked about. Chelsea have to go to Anfield and White Hart Lane. United have to go to Eastlands and host Spurs, as well as an overlooked trip to Ewood Park which seems to be a fortress at the moment.

Oh, and Florent Malouda should be amongst the shortlist for the PFA awards. He's been tremendous. Remember the past couple of seasons when he was mocked for being laughably gash? I mean, he was absolutely awful. The joke is on us. Despite Drogba's goals, he's not been as effective as Malouda, in my opinion of course.

He should play in the World Cup, but probably won't due to Ribery being fit again.

Is anyone else getting totally hacked off with Sky's commentator's insistence on calling Michael Paton "Michael Patton"?

What's worse was that Andy Walker began the game calling him Paton, and then started calling him "Patton" later on just to conform with the useless cunt sat next to him.

I hate this kind of amateurish, illiterate crap. :down: