aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest Gladstone
Johnson signs for City apparently, and Robbie Keane's on his way to Glasgow to discuss terms with Celtic ahead of a loan move. Couple of pretty decent deals.

I've heard the Robbie Keane to Celtic rumour every year for about the past 10, but Sky Sports are actually reporting that it might happen. That would be an incredible scoop for Celtic - the biggest name we'd have signed for a few years, and he's still fucking good. Well he was magic the season before he went to Liverpool, but didn't do very well there because he wasn't playing every week.

He seems to have done alright when he's played this season. But he'd be playing every week at Celtic and he's the kind of player that gets better the more he plays.

I'd be fucking delighted if we got him for the rest of the season, and even happier if we somehow got to keep him.

Guest Gladstone
Oh and Darlington have signed Richie Byrne :laughing:

Richie Byrne has tiny feet. I once sold him a pair of chavvy Timberland boots when I worked at Schuh. Zander Diamond was standing ripping the piss out of him. Imagine being slated by Zander Diamond for being a ned?

I think that's what finished his Dons career, not his inability to do anything that remotely resembled defending or playing football.

Guest Gladstone
I've heard the Robbie Keane to Celtic rumour every year for about the past 10, but Sky Sports are actually reporting that it might happen. That would be an incredible scoop for Celtic - the biggest name we'd have signed for a few years, and he's still fucking good. Well he was magic the season before he went to Liverpool, but didn't do very well there because he wasn't playing every week.

He seems to have done alright when he's played this season. But he'd be playing every week at Celtic and he's the kind of player that gets better the more he plays.

I'd be fucking delighted if we got him for the rest of the season, and even happier if we somehow got to keep him.

Fucking Yas.

BBC are now saying that Keane is definitely in talks with Celtic. An on form Robbie Keane will destroy the SPL. By himself.

He's definitely beginning to fade and he hasn't had a great time since he went to Liverpool (even at Tottenham he's been quite patchy recently), but he'd be a brilliant signing for Celtic. In terms of ability he's head and shoulders above every other player in the league - a good, hard-working player who can operate in a number of different roles. I was disappointed that his Liverpool career fell on its arse because I always thought he was an incredibly under-rated player who deserved another chance at a massive club. He'll be great for Celtic.

Guest Gladstone
He's definitely beginning to fade and he hasn't had a great time since he went to Liverpool (even at Tottenham he's been quite patchy recently), but he'd be a brilliant signing for Celtic. In terms of ability he's head and shoulders above every other player in the league - a good, hard-working player who can operate in a number of different roles. I was disappointed that his Liverpool career fell on its arse because I always thought he was an incredibly under-rated player who deserved another chance at a massive club. He'll be great for Celtic.

He's not been the same since going to Liverpool, but with regular football, I think he will absolutely bang the goals in again.

He's too young to accept his career going downhill (although a move to the SPL may just be that I guess...), and will be out to prove himself. Even if we just get him till the end of the season, he could be a major part of where the league trophy goes.

EDIT: He's only 28! He should have a good few years left in him. He's always needed regular football which has been lacking the last couple of season. This could be the signing of all signings.

(He'll probably come and be shite...)

I've never met you before, but as a fellow Celtic fan, have an internet high five.

If we get Keane, I think I'll actually jiz in my pants.

It'll be nice to get a good Irish player called Keane, for a change. Roy was a fucking disaster.

Your internet high five had a bit of after-sting. Sign of a good 'un.

Guest Gladstone
It'll be nice to get a good Irish player called Keane, for a change. Roy was a fucking disaster.

Your internet high five had a bit of after-sting. Sign of a good 'un.

Did the jiz on my hand bother you?

Guest Gladstone

Scott McDonald is off to Middlesborough by the sound of things. I'd like to keep him, but he's not really been doing the business this season. He'd be good competition for the striker role and always good to bring off the bench for a goal.

But if it has to be McDonald or Keane... enjoy yourself at 'boro...

Scott McDonald is off to Middlesborough by the sound of things. I'd like to keep him, but he's not really been doing the business this season. He'd be good competition for the striker role and always good to bring off the bench for a goal.

But if it has to be McDonald or Keane... enjoy yourself at 'boro...

Confirmed on SSN, along with Lee Miller.

Murr what do you think of the Leon Best signing? I've not really seen him play but his goal scoring record doesn't look to promising.

I'm not expecting much and I'd rather we signed a player with a better scoring record (we're crying out for a quick, predatory finisher, but I'm hoping Lovenkrands can fill that role) but the lad's only 23 and he's scored more goals (9 in the league, 10 in all comps) than any of our other strikers this season in a side that's sitting at 14th. Hopefully he can come in and notch a few important goals here and there before the end of the season. Some of our fans are already writing him off for his poor record, but I wish him well.