aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Rio Ferdinand and his England howlers are a consistent feature, even in what was almost a 100 per cent record. He's also been fluffing up for his club as well. I'm glad I've finally been proven right, after constant arguments at school when he first signed for Leeds United, and the bell end Leeds fans at my school calling him the best defender in the EPL. I kept having him down as being a fucking shitlump, but no one believed me. Upping his game signed by United certainly didn't do my argument any favours, and he sometimes looked okay. The introduction of Vidic has made him look nothing more than ordinary, and sometimes sluggish and abysmal. It's taken fucking years, but I was right, and I always knew I was right. Get in.

Fuck off Rio. I'd rather have Brown or Cahill or even Upson before you.

Can't believe i'm still going to make the trip down to Kirkcaldy on Tuesday to see us get pumped by Raith.

But needs must, since i've never been to Starks Park before. One more to cross off the list of Scottish Stadiums.

That must be the one ground in Scotland i've been to that you haven't.

That must be the one ground in Scotland i've been to that you haven't.

I'm pretty sure i've only got about 10 or so to go, before I can say i've been to every SPL/SFL/Highland League ground in Scotland. Off the top of my head the list goes...

Raith Rovers (getting crossed off this weekend)

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Hibs

St Mirren's new ground

Berwick (technically in England though!)

Annan

Ayr

Airdrie

and the new Highland League teams' grounds.

Unless you get totally cut adrift, the firstie table is pretty much irrelevent until about 20 games in, such is the nature of the league. Only three seasons ago we were top after 9 games (on a negative goal difference, natch), and were hovering over relegation after about 30.

Wouldn't fancy being an Inversneck fan just now, diddy final aside ;)

:up:

Ooh for us supporters of toilet level english football its the thrill and excitement of the FA Cup 4th qualifying round draw later this morning.

In theory a nice home cannot lose banker against some rubbish part timers comprising of posties, plumbers and various assorted tradesmen.

In reality an away trip to one of the better conference sides where we're guarenteed to lose and thus be thwarted a thrilling 1st round tie away to footballing giants such as bury, barnet or aldershot.

we played them in pre season and matched them, i'd have no qualms about meeting a league 2 club in the 1st round but need to negotiate the fourth qualifying round first! draw coming any min now!

i put barnet in the list of league 2 clubs cos i just knew you'd react :)