aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I've got ten pounds sterling on Owen finishing Premier League top scorer, at 24/1. Chanced my arm when rumours were about that he was signing for United, so fingers crossed Philip is correct!

Also, Joleon Lescott:

I've got 10 on Newcastle getting relegated to League One @ 20/1.

Just because I'd be raging if they did and I didnt...

Guest idol_wild
I've got ten pounds sterling on Owen finishing Premier League top scorer, at 24/1. Chanced my arm when rumours were about that he was signing for United, so fingers crossed Philip is correct!

I may look in to the same bet, actually. I bet odds have changed dramatically now, though.

you know its amazing how a bit of news from your club can lift the old spirit and morale levels. midfielder and assistant manager paul carden, one of the best in the conference, signed a new three year deal last night. everyone i spoke to outside the ground when flogging programmes were adament he was leaving asap since he was such good mates with sacked gaffer gary brabin. the new manager is strongly rumoured to be martin ling who did a brilliant job at leyton orient on a shoestring budget. yeah feel better about footy today!

i do love your newcastle posts murrr cos it makes me feel better about the shambles that is going on down at cambridge. we're pretty fucked but nae half as bad as the toon lot!

Haha, well I'm glad to provide you with some entertainment, sir. That's the thing about being a Newcastle fan - it's bloody grim at times, but it's never dull. Always something to talk about. It's a damn sight more exciting than supporting a club like Blackburn or Bolton where nothing ever happens...

In today's Toon-related news, it looks like Nicky Butt is out of the first game of the season after picking up an injury against Huddersfield. Great success! Behind the scenes he's gonna be pretty important as a mentor to some of the younger players (despite his complete ineptitude as a footballer, he's always come across as a pretty decent bloke), but he's an absolute liability when he's on the pitch. Central midfield isn't our strongest position (what is?!), but Butt's a bloody nightmare. Danny Guthrie is a decent player with a good engine and he should play ahead of Butt and Nolan every week, and if Barton's staying (I don't really want him to, but if we're paying him we might as well play him) we'll have a pretty dynamic duo at CM. Haris Vuckic and Brad Inman deserve a shot in there too.

Speaking of the youngin's, I really hope we start blooding more of them through this season. We have about 6-7 currently away at the U19 European Championships at the moment and it'd be great to see some of them replace a few of our cloggers. I've watched a good number of reserve and U19 games this season on the internets, and I reckon Inman, Tamas Kadar, Nile Ranger, and Kazenga LuaLua could all do a job at this level.

And play Tim Krul, man! He's class.

just when i thought things were getting a little rosier down at cambridge, i read that the board have appointed carden as assistant manager without actually appointing a manager! thing is it wouldn't suprise me. it was no secret that cards was gonna go ply his trade at another 'big' non league club so they probably tied up a deal quickly (three year contracts are very rare at this toilet level) to keep him.

aaarrrgghhh! its so bloody frustrating!

bizzarly jimmy quinn is now strongly rumoured to be returning to the club! sometimes i wish i had the bollocks to just walk away from it all! but i cant!

i knew the SPL was a bit shit outwith the old firm but honestly i think cambridge or most conference sides would have no problems beating vaduz. falkirk should be holding their heads in shame they have embarrased themselves, the SPL and the whole of Scotland!

i knew the SPL was a bit shit outwith the old firm but honestly i think cambridge or most conference sides would have no problems beating vaduz. falkirk should be holding their heads in shame they have embarrased themselves, the SPL and the whole of Scotland!

Vaduz play in the Swiss league - would you have the same opinion of them if you thought they were just a Swiss team, as opposed to Lichtensteiners? I apologise if you're basing your view on having actually seen Vaduz play.

The SPL is crap but, from what I've seen, so is every other European league outwith the 4/5 elite countries. Our league's reputation suffers massively from being England's neighbour, IMO.

Vaduz play in the Swiss league - would you have the same opinion of them if you thought they were just a Swiss team, as opposed to Lichtensteiners? I apologise if you're basing your view on having actually seen Vaduz play.

The SPL is crap but, from what I've seen, so is every other European league outwith the 4/5 elite countries. Our league's reputation suffers massively from being England's neighbour, IMO.

They were actually relegated from the Swiss top flight last season and qualifed as winners of the Liechtenstein cup which sounds like a bit of a swiz, if you'll excuse the pun. Still, Falkirk were nearly relegated too.....and Murrawell qualified through fair play and pumped Flamurtari!

The Dons will surely show the real quality of the SPL next week :up:

falkirk should be holding their heads in shame they have embarrased themselves, the SPL and the whole of Scotland!

They do this simply by existing. They are the filthiest scumbags in history.

This is both funny and infuriating. Didn't think it was possible to be even more disgusted with those raging, web-toed, 6-fingered hoorbags but it evidently is...

They were actually relegated from the Swiss top flight last season and qualifed as winners of the Liechtenstein cup which sounds like a bit of a swiz, if you'll excuse the pun. Still, Falkirk were nearly relegated too.....and Murrawell qualified through fair play and pumped Flamurtari!

The Dons will surely show the real quality of the SPL next week :up:

Aye, I saw that they were relegated. But, like you say, a team that got relegated from the Swiss league beating the team that finished 11th in the SPL is hardly a huge shock.

Oh my God, Celtic are signing Coventry players now? We are SO ready for the Champion's League!

Razvan Rat, the excellent Romanian left-back with European experience for club and country was apparently a target, but instead we got Danny Fox! From Coventry! Nice going!

We're fucked. Our midfield is so one-dimensional without Nakamura, and we're nowhere near a quality replacement. I don't think Fox will sort our left-back conundrum either. Rangers will run away with the SPL this year, I think...

Oh my God, Celtic are signing Coventry players now? We are SO ready for the Champion's League!

Razvan Rat, the excellent Romanian left-back with European experience for club and country was apparently a target, but instead we got Danny Fox! From Coventry! Nice going!

We're fucked. Our midfield is so one-dimensional without Nakamura, and we're nowhere near a quality replacement. I don't think Fox will sort our left-back conundrum either. Rangers will run away with the SPL this year, I think...

Oh, chill out - Rangers are a fucking shambles. You'll walk the league this year.

Give the boy a chance to prove himself at least. Seems odd to start moaning that you're fucked before you've even seen what team Mowbray builds and what tactics he employs.