aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Oh, and Burnley best lay off Marcus Tudgay. That would only leave us with Francis Jeffers and Akpo Sodje upfront.. Man, all this 'Michael Owen is so injury prone' guff gets my goat when all it takes is for Sodje to take a sharp gust of wind, and he's out for the season. They must have blind children working the medical facilities at HIllsborough. The starting 11 which played the last game of the 07/08 season included 8 players on loan, and 3 players on loan on the bench, due to injuries.

Oh, and Burnley best lay off Marcus Tudgay. That would only leave us with Francis Jeffers and Akpo Sodje upfront.. Man, all this 'Michael Owen is so injury prone' guff gets my goat when all it takes is for Sodje to take a sharp gust of wind, and he's out for the season. They must have blind children working the medical facilities at HIllsborough. The starting 11 which played the last game of the 07/08 season included 8 players on loan, and 3 players on loan on the bench, due to injuries.

Try having Steven Robb in your squad!!

Jeezo, he's like a frail Jamie Smith! Missed most of last season, then comes back and is 'raring to go' this year.

So far he's missed the first pre season game through illness and he's doubtful for tonights as well... :down:

A quick provisional on the man city line up?

.....................Given...............................

Richard - Dunne - NEW SIGNING - Bridge

................De Jong - Barry......................

Tevez...........................................Robinho

............Santa Cruz - Adebayor.................

Goals galore. As a neutral it's pretty exciting.

How many pages will this run to when the season actually starts, if its at 66 now? It must be the pain/tedium of close season, I'm assuaging it with the Tour De France, but that won't last.

I hope AFC will rise to the occasion this season; legend as manager+ element of tactical nous + everyone is skint+ Global recession sinks the submarine faux-oligarch = More competitive team. Fuck knows but bring it on.

funny you should say that i was thinking the same thing, quite impressed we have managed to accumalate so many pages with the season (well the BSP can't speak for other leagues) still over two weeks away. a manager would be nice for my club!

How many pages will this run to when the season actually starts, if its at 66 now? It must be the pain/tedium of close season, I'm assuaging it with the Tour De France, but that won't last.

I hope AFC will rise to the occasion this season; legend as manager+ element of tactical nous + everyone is skint+ Global recession sinks the submarine faux-oligarch = More competitive team. Fuck knows but bring it on.

If you view 20 posts per page like I do, then it's only at page 33.

francis jeffers? jeez he still playing football?

He bangs them in all season for Sheffield Wednesday, yes.

:down:

.....................Given...............................

Richard - Dunne - NEW SIGNING - Bridge

................De Jong - Barry......................

Tevez...........................................Robinho

............Santa Cruz - Adebayor.................

Goals galore. As a neutral it's pretty exciting.

I'd rather have Wright Phillips on the wing than Tevez. Tevez isn't much of a dribbler. His control is very loose, which is why he's better playing behind strikers rather than poaching. It'd be good to see them go with 1 up front, with Robinho on the left, SWP on the right and Tevez behind Santa Cruz or Adebayor, which is Tevez's natural position and where he can really excel. That would be devastating.

Barry the Crab and Andy Webster have cleared out their lockers at Sty-brox. Good news for those that hate the huns. Though bad news in that Dundee United have now got a very handy international defender in their back 4.

Medical for Blues-bound Ferguson | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Terrors take Webster from Gers | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

As I'm relatively new to this site just wondering if anyone plays on premierleague.com? If not, anyone up for doing it this coming season? get an ab-music league set up?

I checked the other day and its not up and running for the new season yet, but thought it was magic last season, cant wait for it to start again!

A youthful ICT beat Huntly 5-1 last night, with trialist Danny Sanchez impressing. Skillful wee attacking midfielder that was on trial at Partick the other week, but deemed to slight for the 1st division by McCall. Scored 2 goals and was excellent throughout. I really hope he plays on saturday.

I'd imagine this sat's match v. Brechin is as close as we'll get to our first choice lineup, what with the Cup game v. Montrose a week on sat. Might have one or two trialists playing in order for them to make a final push for a contract. I'd imagine Eagle has done enough to get one, but i've heard mixed reports about the others.

I'm shit at Fantasy Football, which is weird, seeing as that I am both great at football and know just about everything about football. It's probably rigged.

Yeah I always thought I was shite at it as well - but the beauty of premierleague.com is how much you can actually change your team. Used to hate the ones in the paper taht you picked pre season and got 1 transfer allowed or whatever. With this one you can make one change a week, use subs plus theres a wildcard where you can change your entire team in one go as well.

Its a pretty addictive sod as well...