aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

It looked to me like Lafferty jerked his head back as if he'd been butted/punched again (not quite as blatantly as he did with Mulgrew though). He should get a lengthy ban for simulation.

And he has previous for the same thing.

Shameful display from him, yet again.

The sooner they take in lengthy bans for "simulants" the better.

I'm not particularly in favour of stopping the game to review things like that, but I am in favour of retrospective banning (and rescinding of banning) when cock-munchers like him play the ref and not the ball.

Guest Gladstone

Just watched the Rangers-Celtic highlights on BBC. How the fuck the referee managed to send off Brown and not do anything to Lafferty is quite simply outrageous. It was handbags, nothing more. Both players should have been given a stern talking to, possibly a yellow but nothing more. Lafferty is the biggest cheating fanny in the league. What a fucking pansy he is. There's absolutely no doubt, he started that tussle with Brown to try and get him sent off, he fell over like he'd been nutted in the face. Fucking dick. Not condoning Brown's behaviour at all, he should have walked away, and you should never put your head down like that as it can lead to trouble. But seriously, he did bugger all, really.

The BBC highlights conveniently didn't show any of Bougherra's challenges, and it made it look like Celtic had 2 chances the whole game, whereas listening on the radio sounded as if it was more Rangers, but not like 80% Rangers.

I hate Rangers. Bastards.

Guest Gladstone

I just read somewhere that Celtic fans disrupted the minute's silence, and a Celtic fan was seen waving an Argentina top at the Falklands War veteran (I've forgotten his name) who was in the crowd.

That is despicable.

Benitez has had something against Big Sam for some time. Last season he did the washing-his-hands sort of gesture when Liverpool went 2 or 3 up against Blackburn (it might have been when Torres smashed in that ridiculous volley from an equally ridiculous angle). A week later, when Carrick scored the winner against Wigan, Evra ran from his left back position, leaping in the air, doing the same hand gesture. Evra is the king.

Benitez is a cunt though.

I missed the pre-match stuff....what was the minute's silence for?

The camera panned to Simon Weston in the crowd......I presume he was up for a late Burns supper.

Celtic fans are just as horrible......it's a West-coast thing. :down:

Bad taste joke warning.

I heard Simon Weston won the lottery last weekend, but he couldn't claim his prize because he burnt his coupon.

Oh, and I just read the United Coventry game had to be delayed for 12 minutes to clean the blood of the pitch when Busst got injured. Gruesome!

My Boys Club got a tour around Old Trafford the week it happened and there was still blood in the tunnel. I farted where Ryan Giggs gets changed.

The Old Trafford tour is awesome. I can't remember the name of the old kitman, but he was a right hoot. Seemed properly obsessed with Cantona too. He used to starch and iron the collar on Eric's shirt to make sure it stayed firm. He also said he kept hanging Cantona's shirt up even when he was banned for kicking that Palace fan in. We had to leave before he finished his stories about Cantona.

Then we got to meet some players. We were told it was going to be fan favourite superstars. It ended up being Ronnie Wallwork, Phil Neville and Kevin Pilkington. I have a mini football signed by the three of them anyway. $$$

Guest Gladstone
The Old Trafford tour is awesome. I can't remember the name of the old kitman, but he was a right hoot. Seemed properly obsessed with Cantona too. He used to starch and iron the collar on Eric's shirt to make sure it stayed firm. He also said he kept hanging Cantona's shirt up even when he was banned for kicking that Palace fan in. We had to leave before he finished his stories about Cantona.

Then we got to meet some players. We were told it was going to be fan favourite superstars. It ended up being Ronnie Wallwork, Phil Neville and Kevin Pilkington. I have a mini football signed by the three of them anyway. $$$

I think I'm right in saying that anything signed by a Neville brother is accepted as currency the world over.

If you could get Gary and their dad Neville to sign it as well, you'd be a billionnaire.

Guest Gladstone

BBC Sport - Celtic's Brown sees red in derby

I'm probably being a typical paranoid Celtic fan, but I just can't get over this incident.

Brown was a bit daft, and shouldn't have got involved, but Lafferty's hands are all over Brown's face and head, and Brown's actually pulling away from Lafferty, as the cheating bastard turns and throws himself to the deck, clutching his face. He does quickly pull his hands away from his face, probably remembering back to the shit that got him into after the Mulgrew incident.

In real time, Lafferty's play-acting is relatively convincing though, which is probably the worst part of the whole thing. Second half team talk from Smith to Lafferty was probably "get Broonie sent off". Notice how quickly Lafferty was hooked after the red card.

The bastards.

Out of the two, there wasn't a guilty party for me. It was a bit of hanbags and friction. Nothing serious, and if one had to go, the other should have done too. I think the referee opted for Brown, because he led with his head, which shows a bit of violent intent, but I don't think he actually butted him. It was just wreckless and nonsensical, and I don't think Brown is a worthy skipper. I don't really rate him as a player either. His purpose seems to be to run about and make terrible tackles, like a Scottish Lucas. Mowbray should bring in someone with equal parts phsyicality, but alot more discipline, to really marshall the middle, because right now, Celtic look completely void of any organisation, and no one really worthy of plotting in the middle of the pitch and sorting out the mess.

On another note, it was a proper shite game.

Out of the two, there wasn't a guilty party for me. It was a bit of hanbags and friction. Nothing serious, and if one had to go, the other should have done too. I think the referee opted for Brown, because he led with his head, which shows a bit of violent intent, but I don't think he actually butted him. It was just wreckless and nonsensical, and I don't think Brown is a worthy skipper. I don't really rate him as a player either. His purpose seems to be to run about and make terrible tackles, like a Scottish Lucas. Mowbray should bring in someone with equal parts phsyicality, but alot more discipline, to really marshall the middle, because right now, Celtic look completely void of any organisation, and no one really worthy of plotting in the middle of the pitch and sorting out the mess.

Old Firm games up until about 5 years ago used to be fucking brilliant, all fights and mayhem and coin-throwing and shit. They're just boring as fuck now they have them at half 12 on a Sunday before the weegies can get a bottle of Buckfast out of the off-licence to tan before the game. Nothing interesting ever happens in them any more. Remember when Jorg Albertz knocked all of Paul Lambert's teeth out, or when that Celtic fan made aeroplane gestures at Claudio Reyna a few weeks after 9/11, or the Celtic fan falling off the top deck of the stadium, and still singing Celtic songs as he was carted into the ambulance? That what the Old Firm derby should be like, people throwing themselves into every challenge while the crowd scream blue (or green) murder. Not this dull, sterilised shit.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Old Firm games up until about 5 years ago used to be fucking brilliant, all fights and mayhem and coin-throwing and shit. They're just boring as fuck now they have them at half 12 on a Sunday before the weegies can get a bottle of Buckfast out of the off-licence to tan before the game. Nothing interesting ever happens in them any more. Remember when Jorg Albertz knocked all of Paul Lambert's teeth out, or when that Celtic fan made aeroplane gestures at Claudio Reyna a few weeks after 9/11, or the Celtic fan falling off the top deck of the stadium, and still singing Celtic songs as he was carted into the ambulance? That what the Old Firm derby should be like, people throwing themselves into every challenge while the crowd scream blue (or green) murder. Not this dull, sterilised shit.

Yeah, and that Brown / Lafferty tussle would have happened about 8 times every 10 minutes with nobody batting an eyelid. The players used to get properly fired up. Remember Di Canio starting on Ian Ferguson? Good move Paulo.

Fuck me - imagine a player of Di Canio's quality playing for Celtic. Where the fuck did it all go wrong?

There's no way Scott Brown deserved to get sent off. It should have been a yellow for both him and Lafferty at most. Bougherra did get away with a lot of tackles that were a lot harder than the one that earned him a yellow early in the game. Refs just give themselves problems by booking folk that early on. Did Fortune not get one soon after for a handball? I was pretty surprised Kenny Miller didn't get one either, not that I'm complaining, I was delighted with the result since for the most part it was a fairly frustrating game to watch. Just a few odd refereeing decisions. Don't reckon his job was made any easier by the poorly timed comments made by an 'anonymous' source at Celtic.