aberdeen-music

rubbish songs by artists you love

delboy

Mountains is a good song. Though they have gone downhill dramatically.

Also, songs like "Everybody Dance" are exactly the same style to Rubber Lover.

I never got the demo and I think Everybody Dance got lost somewhere on my computer, so I can't really comment, but they ditched the whole idea of that album 'cause they didn't like it, so if that's the case, what's goin' on?

...and seriously, Mountains is so, so bad. Honestly. :( *shakes head*

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds ~ 'Christina The Astonishing' on 'Henry's Dream' - pretty much a perfect album other than that one song for me. Also 'Black Hair' on 'The Boatman's Call' - how many variations on 'she had black hair, she had hair of deepest black' can be fitted into one song.

The Cult - 'Ceremony'. The whole album.

The Cure have done far worse songs than 'The Lovecats', namely 'Friday I'm In Love', horrible jaunty pish.

Girls Girls Girls - Motley Crue. (they're a guilty pleasure) All their songs are cheesy, but thats cheese with extra fucking bite!

Every single thing you listen to seems to be a guilty pleasure.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds ~ 'Christina The Astonishing' on 'Henry's Dream' - pretty much a perfect album other than that one song for me. Also 'Black Hair' on 'The Boatman's Call' - how many variations on 'she had black hair, she had hair of deepest black' can be fitted into one song.

I too love the output of Nick Cave, but I'd like to call "Rock of Gibraltar" in to scrutiny as far worse than either of those. Falter, alter, altar and Malta. Maybe Gibraltar wasn't the best choice of locations for rhyming schemes.

I too love the output of Nick Cave, but I'd like to call "Rock of Gibraltar" in to scrutiny as far worse than either of those. Falter, alter, altar and Malta. Maybe Gibraltar wasn't the best choice of locations for rhyming schemes.

Hmmm, yes you are probably correct, that's on 'Nocturama' which I have hardly ever listened to in comparison to his other albums so it wasn't too high in the memory bank....to be fair to the guy, given how many songs he has written his strike rate of duffers is pretty low....I was a bit underwhelmed by the whole Grinderman thing as well actually, kind of felt like a parody of Nick Cave at times. I wasn't overly enthralled by his latest album either.

I would like to throw in U2 'Beautiful Day' - just can't agree with the guy who said they haven't done any good songs in the past 20 years, that's nonsense, but this song is horrible. In fact I hate it so much that it's parent album is the only U2 album I can't bring myself to buy, even at 2.99 2nd hand in One Up.