aberdeen-music

Threads turning into Chaos

sexytunk

Just came onto the Forum as I do every morning, and am everday day finding more and more that threads are becoming incredibly personal, aggressive and totally ridiculous.

On the most part it always seems to be the same people, and it's getting pretty much beyond a joke! I realize I post the odd stupid or unneccesary post, but it's mainly to have a laugh with mates, but it seems to me that there are a load of people who are only on the forum to cause shit.

Lets relax and chill out.

• Upvote 1

The slagging matches were a lot worse back in the days when that stripey fella was nockin about on here. He'd voice an opinion (fair enough) in a manner that he must have known full well would cause offence/provoke backlash (not cool) then immediately claim innocence and intellectual superiority (just plain annoying). At which point the original topic would be playing second string to angry pedantry and personal attacks I'm not the most prolific poster but back then i didn't even bother at all.

The slagging matches were a lot worse back in the days when that stripey fella was nockin about on here. He'd voice an opinion (fair enough) in a manner that he must have known full well would cause offence/provoke backlash (not cool) then immediately claim innocence and intellectual superiority (just plain annoying). At which point the original topic would be playing second string to angry pedantry and personal attacks I'm not the most prolific poster but back then i didn't even bother at all.

This is what I mean, a lot of threads (there are obviously exceptions) go on for hundreds of posts, but mostly the actual topic only talked about for 5 or 6 posts, then the rest is mostly personal attacks, threats and general shite. Maybe I am exaggerating slightly, but you know what I mean.

This is what I mean, a lot of threads (there are obviously exceptions) go on for hundreds of posts, but mostly the actual topic only talked about for 5 or 6 posts, then the rest is mostly personal attacks, threats and general shite. Maybe I am exaggerating slightly, but you know what I mean.

I think most folk would agree. Arguments, deviation from the topic and joking around are part of what makes forums fun but when it gets to the point where someone posts the witty retort... "You are a cunt" (with genuine intent) then in the words of Duncan Bannatyne, I'm out.

I think most folk would agree. Arguments, deviation from the topic and joking around are part of what makes forums fun but when it gets to the point where someone posts the witty retort... "You are a cunt" (with genuine intent) then in the words of Duncan Bannatyne, I'm out.

I'm not saying don't have a laugh, i post some really stupid threads which I intend to be funny, fair doo's! But there are posts where the thread just turns into a page of genuine insults. What's the point in that?

Thing about this site, is that 90% of the posts seem to be written by probably 5% of the users who clearly have fuck all to do with their time, and seem to make it their life's mission to get involved in every discussion from thrash metal to knitting despite having no interest or knowledge of the subject that is under discussion. Hardly surprising that things constantly get out of hand.

I see this with other forums I use all the time - regular users will come in, leave a smart arsed reply to a genuine topic, then one of his mates jumps in and has a wee blast back at him, then someone else wades in with their humourous quip and before long the thread is on page 3 or 4 and its got nothing to do with the topic. I havent been using this forum for long enough to know who everyone is and how serious they're being so tend to just lurk aorund the forum without saying much, but its very rare that I'll go past page 2 or 3 in a topic on here as after that it generally disintegrates into a cosy cosy mates chat. :down:

As for the layout of the forum, I'm still stumped. Most of my lurking about on here is spent looking for that topic I was reading the other day...o_O ?(

Oh aye and a wee anecdote - was on a forum for a certain Paisley based football team and seen a thread about tickets for the up coming semi-final against R*ngers. Went into it to get some info to find it had been closed as there was 'already a thread running about this...' - a regular occurence on that site, with the mods locking threads to stop multiples of the same etc.

So i scours around, finds the thread that was already running, only to find that Post #1 was a genuine query, Post #2 was a regular who was ripping the piss and basically calling the guy a dumbass, and the thread ran to 2-3 pages without another word about the tickets. :swearing:

I see this with other forums I use all the time - regular users will come in, leave a smart arsed reply to a genuine topic, then one of his mates jumps in and has a wee blast back at him, then someone else wades in with their humourous quip and before long the thread is on page 3 or 4 and its got nothing to do with the topic. I havent been using this forum for long enough to know who everyone is and how serious they're being so tend to just lurk aorund the forum without saying much, but its very rare that I'll go past page 2 or 3 in a topic on here as after that it generally disintegrates into a cosy cosy mates chat. :down:

As for the layout of the forum, I'm still stumped. Most of my lurking about on here is spent looking for that topic I was reading the other day...o_O ?(

That can get confusing actually. Like, talking about a gig in Drummonds for example, is it under Music Discussion? Feedback Forum? Other Clubs & Venues? I think there are too many forums. By the way this should be in "Comments & Suggestions", for the record. :laughing:

I've been a bit of a bastard to people from time to time, because I just don't 'get' people and their daft opinions, and I I start e-punching. I'm like Wayne Rooney on the internet, if he knew how to switch his computer on.

It's not like real life though is it? In the real world, you can just say "outside" and have a scrap with fisticuffs in the car park. 13 rounds. Bareknuckle.

What the hell's happened to him? Did he get arrested at the G20 riots or something?

That would involve leaving the house.

I think he stopped posting after he was told that he was about to be banned. Don't think he was actually banned, though I could be wrong about that.