aberdeen-music

Pictures that make you actually laugh out loud

Guest treader.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice no-one found it 'deeply offensive' at 11 o'clock yesterday morning?!

"What a difference a day makes. 24 little hours."

Funny how no-one found the Jade Goody or Maddie jokes "deeply offensive". There are always jokes about these kind of things, so of course the MJ jokes were to be expected. Why take so much offence, he was hardly anyone on this website's best friend or family member.

I find the day-long "tributes" on the radio offensive, I don't like his music so why should I be subjected to it just because he died? If his music was so inspirational and fantastic why wasn't it played as much on the radio before he died?

Funny how no-one found the Jade Goody or Maddie jokes "deeply offensive". There are always jokes about these kind of things, so of course the MJ jokes were to be expected. Why take so much offence, he was hardly anyone on this website's best friend or family member.

I find the day-long "tributes" on the radio offensive, I don't like his music so why should I be subjected to it just because he died? If his music was so inspirational and fantastic why wasn't it played as much on the radio before he died?

Um, I didn't really find it offensive.

Is it just me, or are people really touchy round here at the moment?

1- Some people did find the Jade Goody and Madeleine McCann jokes offensive, so you're wrong there.

2- He's still affected loads of peoples lives and is still a human being so there's fair reason to take offense, if you so choose.

3- You aren't subjected to it. You can turn your radio off.

4- His songs are amongst the most played in the world along with the Beatles. They were played loads before he died as well.

5- "why wasn't it played as much on the radio before he died?", you answered your own question. It's played more because it's a TRIBUTE show because he JUST DIED.

I like to think I'm not more touchy. Just as much as usual.

Can someone explain this one to me? I assume you need to know who that guy is.

I apologise in advance for my thick-headedness.

It's Varg Vikernes (aka Count Grishnackh) from Burzum. He murdered Euronymous (from Mayhem) and is associated with the norwegian Church burnings that happened during the early 90s.

Black metal history stuff.