aberdeen-music

steak quest

fatboy

Bassment used to do a decent steak, don't think it was even that good a cut, possibly rump, but lord it was fine. The peppercorn sauce was made it though, me and my mates were devastated when they stopped doing food. I would also recommend Dizzy's, been years since I was there but the fillet steak was amazing. I take my steak Medium Rare or Rare, like it quite bleedy and red in the middle.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Bassment used to do a decent steak, don't think it was even that good a cut, possibly rump, but lord it was fine. The peppercorn sauce was made it though, me and my mates were devastated when they stopped doing food. I would also recommend Dizzy's, been years since I was there but the fillet steak was amazing. I take my steak Medium Rare or Rare, like it quite bleedy and red in the middle.

Think I'm right in saying Bassment have started doing food again...?

Best steak I've had was while I was working in Musa, it's pretty pricey but you get a beautiful bit of fillet steak cooked perfectly. The sauce was a little over powering but you can easily have it on the side or not at all. Sweet potato wedges as well. Om nom nom nom.

Damn it, now I want steak.

screw the rest. come to my flat and i'll cook you the best steak you'll ever taste ;)
Pfft. No. :p

My steak is the best :D I've perfected my method. It's as expensive as eating out but that's due to the volume of decent wine involved in "the process".

I do serve up an 8 oz fillet though ;)

It's a steak-off - is everyone invited to sample?

The Carron in Stonehaven does a mean Sirloin w/peppercorn sauce.

The only piece of steak-related advice I have is to never, ever, go to one of the 'Aberdeen Steak Houses' (or similarly named) in London. Possibly the worst meal of my live.

I've heard the Carron is great for food albeit quite pricey, but worth it?? not been yet!

I had a steak in one of those Aberdeen steak houses in Tenerife years ago and it was minging!!

The only piece of steak-related advice I have is to never, ever, go to one of the 'Aberdeen Steak Houses' (or similarly named) in London. Possibly the worst meal of my live.

I'd possibly agree there- it wasn't a terrible meal I had when I was there most recently, but for 30+ a head it was nothing even close to special.

I love it when one is convinced they cook the best food, with no grounds of comparison to base it on. I seem to have alot of ex's who were convinced they made the best cookies. One of which just used pre-made mix out of a packet, and they were still dog. Needless to say, with all of my cookie-cutting former flames, I was always too 'full' for pudding.

I've heard the Carron is great for food albeit quite pricey, but worth it?? not been yet!

Nah, it's not pricey - no more than 20 for a huge Sirloin with sauce - sure, you could get a cheaper steak at Triple Kirks or something, but as far as restaurants go, it's a decent price. It's interior is also, for want of a better word, stunning.

It's a steak-off - is everyone invited to sample?

I had a steak in one of those Aberdeen steak houses in Tenerife years ago and it was minging!!

In Los Cristianos perchance? I had a steak in there once, as the waiter was bringing it to my table he dropped the plate, and the steak landed on my lap. He apologised profusely, scraped up all the steak, chips, veg etc. off the floor and took it back to the kitchen, then re-arranged it on the plate and brought it back to me. Brilliant service! I ate it anyway.

In Los Cristianos perchance? I had a steak in there once, as the waiter was bringing it to my table he dropped the plate, and the steak landed on my lap. He apologised profusely, scraped up all the steak, chips, veg etc. off the floor and took it back to the kitchen, then re-arranged it on the plate and brought it back to me. Brilliant service! I ate it anyway.

That's right manly. Only a woman would kick up a fuss over something as trvial as floor-steak.

The 5 second rule applies regardless of location or food. One time, while inebriated, I went to Sizzlers and got one of their awesome burgers. As anyone who has sampled one will know, the mayo, coleslaw etc. acts as a sort of lubricant making it difficult to eat as everything falls out of the back of the bun. So, drunk and starving, I queued for ages to get this burger, then sat down on the windowsill outside to eat it (on Windmill brae). As I picked it up I took a humungous first bite and the burger, salad, 'slaw et all slipped out of the back of the bun, leaving me with nothing but bun. I scooped the whole lot up off the pavement, slapped it back in the bun and chowed down. Delicious.

• Upvote 1

it sure was! this is going back 10 years now, I opted for one with bbq sauce BIG mistake, it's the most disgusting bbq sauce ever . fact!

did you find any hair or floor dirt. grit n bare it

The 5 second rule applies regardless of location or food. One time, while inebriated, I went to Sizzlers and got one of their awesome burgers. As anyone who has sampled one will know, the mayo, coleslaw etc. acts as a sort of lubricant making it difficult to eat as everything falls out of the back of the bun. So, drunk and starving, I queued for ages to get this burger, then sat down on the windowsill outside to eat it (on Windmill brae). As I picked it up I took a humungous first bite and the burger, salad, 'slaw et all slipped out of the back of the bun, leaving me with nothing but bun. I scooped the whole lot up off the pavement, slapped it back in the bun and chowed down. Delicious.

ha ha well done! no ones died so far or so I've heard of a wee bit dirt! you need the dirt to build up your immune(ity is that a word?)

ha ha well done! no ones died so far or so I've heard of a wee bit dirt! you need the dirt to build up your immune(ity is that a word?)

Immunity, it certainly is. I think had I been sober I would have been tempted to just go in and buy another burger, but you know what it's like when you're a bitty drunk, and hungry.... I felt like Dan Aykroyd in "Trading Places" eating that fish while dressed as Santa.

• Upvote 3