aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
sross90

Annie Lennox - Shining Light

What does everything think of Annies cover of Shinning light?

YouTube - Annie Lennox - Shining Light

It breaks my fucking balls, it seems to be on the radio all the time at my work! (between that and the fucking Feeling....i have no authority to change the dial)

Don't hate Annie Lennox but this song kills me, even the Ash version didnt do much for me, if anything. :down:

Quite liked it, although it bugs me a bit that she's changed the melody at "ligh-hi-t" (going up instead of down on the original).

Although it's such a good tune it's hard to imagine anyone butchering it.

Oooh, I'll have to give this a listen.

I fucking love Annie Lennox. :love:

I didnt realise unitl I was watching some top 20 programme that you find on music channels, that she had sooo many brit awards!!

I liked a lot of Eurythmics and her solo stuff but I can't get excited by this, it just sounds limp and tepid... and why it's getting so much airplay puzzles me.?(

I didn't enjoy this so much :down:

Me neither...it's missing something.

But she's definitely put her own spin on it, which is good, I guess.

I like the video though :)

I'm not even going to listen to this because i'm 100% certain i'll hate it. Didn't like the Ash version and although some of the early Eurythmics stuff was OK i've been no fan of Annie's solo stuff.

its tragic a former pop star desperate for a hit resorts to covering a half credible alternative rock band song! she dont need the money but she evidently does need a hit! it really is pathetic, come on lennox do you not have any new songs you can inflict upon us? and shame on radio 2 for playing it so much, but they are way too predictable at times promoting fodder like this. i never know where lennox's head is at but this is a sad attempt at trying to get back in the hit parade, sad thing is she probably thinks people give a fuck about the charts these days!

Guest idol_wild

She'll never top Love Song for a Vampire.

Which I would never expect to, given that it's one of the most perfect songs ever.

She'll never top Love Song for a Vampire.

Which I would never expect to, given that it's one of the most perfect songs ever.

I'd give you positive rep for this, if I could...