aberdeen-music

your current fave aberdeen band song?

Guest highroller

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stripey

To be honest, I haven't heard a song by a local band yet which I actually liked for more than 2 plays or felt any enthusiasm for. Any suggestions of mp3's I can download of bands from Aberdeen which do modern styles? (i.e not rock/punk/metal)

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

emmmmmm....difficult! it would be one of the following:

dedalus - burn

real shocks - affection

hookers green - a fantastic voyage

ok,

10 easy wishes = two days

king liar and the brutes = knifes

the harry dalgarnos = the vines covers, although a member has been horrible to me, joking

onion terror = chewbacca

spike pile driver = yak

ok the list could go on, i like a lot of other songs from my minds weapon, hek pens and band from uncle but do not know their names.

Guest stuartmaxwell

my minds weapon-i killed rock n roll...

great song, i like the build up and the verse is great, mean drumming

i dont like the screaming though, i reckon if a venus flytrap could talk it would sound like that

good to see this band talking with their instruments, they have boviously worked hard!

will need to get the ep but am away this weekend :(

ian simpson-snowfall-sublime. just buy

eric euan-trapdoor to the earthcore, oh so good, cannae beat it

draw the line-deadloss, fucking awesome song

dedalus-malone dies, wonderful wonderful wonderful

electric tibet-rosebud

we become less-embrace and consume

karloff-hellhillhouse

that one by turning 13 that goes "tellllll meeeeee WHY!"havnae got the ep yet :(

To be honest' date=' I haven't heard a song by a local band yet which I actually liked for more than 2 plays or felt any enthusiasm for. Any suggestions of mp3's I can download of bands from Aberdeen which do modern styles? (i.e not rock/punk/metal)[/quote']

Well there's Baby Karma wo are much more pop orientated, only very rough demoes, hope to have some new ones finished soon, , at www.baby-karma.co.uk

Jo McCafferty who does stunning vocals over acoustic guitar primarily, but the mixes of Vanessa and Fighting are both more Epic and poppy at www.jomccafferty.com

Maybe not what you like but certainly not rock/punk

Cheers

Stuart

i'm really crap with song names so forgive me if i get any wrong:

sidca - angel wings

sidca - this is where we draw the line

politik - anything they've ever done really

electric tibet - that song they do, you know the one with the bit, it's dead good. ah shit. i'll come back to this one.

contra - red beret

turning 13 - the one that sounds like magnum pi(sorry guys)

vomitus - crucified

eric euan - ipaphoo and yon big stoner instrumental one

hmmm, may have to come back to this thread once i've dug out some cd's.

incidentally i'm surprised that two people chose burn. no one ever says they like that song, a few have said other things about it but not that it's their favourite song.

the new one we played on wednesday and sunday is called seconds and it will be on our ep out at the end of july as a split with politik on nomad am records. hurrah!

incidentally i'm surprised that two people chose burn. no one ever says they like that song' date=' a few have said other things about it but not that it's their favourite song.

[/quote']

well it always sticks in my mind. it's not as immdediate or accessible as your other songs but I love it's steady descent into chaos

i've always enjoyed playing it as i don't really have much to do(mainly it's just 3 notes i play in the whole thing) so i can just go mental but i think we may fiddle with it a bit over the next few months. it's always been a great way to end the set but it's been getting more chaotic every gig and i'm not sure where it's gonna lead. i had the shakes when i came offstage on sunday and couldn't actually form sentences without stuttering for the rest of the night. that was a bit strange.

Mummy, I want!!!!

Hookers Green # 1 - Love Ballad for a Cold Robot.

Masamune - Silver Tipped

Electric Tibet - Television

King Liar and The Brutes - Slingblade

King Liar and The Brutes - The Witch

Deadloss Superstar - Wall of Skin

We Become Less - 124 Worlds

Staccato Set - 77th investigates :love:

Politik - Foreign Conversation

Ian Simpson - Snowfall

Fickle Public - Big Window Seat

CUTS - Summer

I really like the new Dedalus songs, I think "seconds" is incredible... personal favourite is "Everything has gone to hell".

real shocks - affection

yeeeeeeess :D

that, along with Summer by the good old Cuts (much better live..come and see it on thursday *nods*) and Long Ago Boy by The X-Certs. 124 Worlds by We Become Less is an old favourite too, probably the first song that truly made me wake up and wonder what the hell it was (locally).

Point Of Origin-Misery and Radio Song

MMW-I KNow That You Know

10ew-Whoops

GIlman Street-Suburbia

Ill add to this...

We Become Less-Beleif at Gunpoint

Norman's Fetish-Somethings Going Down(im not sure if that is the name of it or not)

Black Atom-Empty Sky

Turning 13-Understanding in A Failure

X-Certs-Stay The Same and Monkey Solved Puzzle

The Score-Someday Soon

Ah Dave... I have my trusty CD of it.... *cuddles Live Dedalus CD* Mmmmm...

PS: KNNNNIIIIIVVVVESSSS!!!!

PPS: Cloud + Camie = So kind. You deserve badges like the one ShaunF has...

PPPS - Staccato Set: If I could marry a voice I'd propose to Ziggy.... wonderful voice.

PPPPS: I'll be getting me that Politik/Dedalus CD, mark my swollen words.

PPPPPS: I need to stop with the P.S's now.

It's not kind, it's just a bloody ace song :) it's just very, very quirky and odd, i can't define it to save my life, but i found myself singing it in my head a couple of days ago...so surely that's the true definition of a good song? it's damn catchy, that's what it is :D

i've made so many people on my msn list download the video too :p

hmmm.. this is a tricky one. I still haven't gotten round to hearing some of the newer bands (dedalus, real shocks etc.). Living in Edinburgh doesn't help!

some older aberdeen band songs i like;

Deadloss Superstar - Wall of Skin

Ian Simpson - It's A Beautiful World

Risactonia - Rewired!

Nero - Girls with Cellos

Sidca - Angel Wings

Maple - Dangerous Boy (an obvious choice, sorry!)

The Radio Lucifer song with 'Whoah-Oh!' type backing harmonies was sounding cool, would like to hear it recorded. Also, the Seven Stone Under and WBL songs on Fudge CD 7 are cool, though i've forgotten the names...

It's not kind' date=' it's just a bloody ace song :) it's just very, very quirky and odd, i can't define it to save my life, but i found myself singing it in my head a couple of days ago...so surely that's the true definition of a good song? it's damn catchy, that's what it is :D

i've made so many people on my msn list download the video too :p[/quote']

That chick in our vid :love:

She's crazy but lovely.