aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

But I didn't know it was mostly paracetamol when I bought it, so that's why it ticked me off, especially considering the pricetag. Is that okay with you? I think that's actually a genuine gripe compared to most of the drivel I pour out to kill my lunchtimes at work, don't you? I don't even care.

You could always just put me on your ignore list if my posts offend you that much. It would be a little more dignified than you resorting to calling me 'stupid' from behind your computer screen.

I did explain that your post gave the distinct impression you knew. That's why I said what I said. Or did you not read that?

And, also, to bring up yet another point I've already made, I wouldn't put you on ignore because I actually enjoy a great chunk of your posts. I think they're funny.

Also, what, would you prefer I came up to you in person as opposed to "behind a computer screen"? Wise up. It was more dismissive of your gripe than your general intelligience, anyway. I have no idea how smart you are, never met you.

Also, what, would you prefer I came up to you in person as opposed to "behind a computer screen"?

Well... Yeah. If all of a sudden you've got enough of a gripe with me to start dishing out insults, then airing it here first and foremost is a bit ridiculous, don't you think? Keyboard warrior, and all that.

Ah, I can't even be bothered. I knew what I meant. The people who responded knew what I meant. You lashed out. It was a bit ludicrous and uncalled for, regardless of how you perceived my post. The end.

Back to mundane pet hates...

Broadband running at 130k for a week now, and of course, because I'm the techy of the family, I'm not around during the day to phone bt/plusnet/sky (we recently had sky plus installed and I think it's something to do with the slowdown) to get it sorted, and eveything's in my dear mother's name so I can't phone on her behalf. Shite.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Hornets are very large compared to wasps:

Hornet

Hoverflies are basically flies with stripes on their back. Utterly harmless. But there has been an enormous influx of them this year for some reason, not complaining though because actual wasps are thin in the air this year without doubt.

Hornets are very large compared to wasps:

Hornet

Hoverflies are basically flies with stripes on their back. Utterly harmless. But there has been an enormous influx of them this year for some reason, not complaining though because actual wasps are thin in the air this year without doubt.

Nice one, this will put Mrs Bigsby's mind at rest about the "baby wasps".

Yesterday I woke up and spotted a missed call from "02202", which I thought was a bit weird but didn't bother calling it back or give it much more thought. Later on my phone starts ringing and it's 02202 again. I answer, and am greeted by an Irish bloke in a call centre who says he's from O2. I think this is a bit strange for them to be calling me, but ok I'll see what he's phoning for. He says he's phoning to ask a few questions and help improve my service. So he gets me to state my full name and postcode. Then he goes through questions like am I still on Pay&Go, am I more of a caller or a texter, is my phone still a Sony Ericsson whatever. Then he starts talking about some SIM card offer and all the savings I'd get from it. I start getting a bit concerned about how this is heading. He says if I buy this now, it can be delivered by Monday. So, he says, to set this up, do I have an e-mail address? - 'yeah'. Are you over 18? - 'Yeah'. And a bank account that gives direct debit? - ' Err, yeah'. By now the alarm bells are going in my head, and I think 'Fuck how much information did I give this guy'. So do I want to get this set up? - 'Err, nah I'll do it some other time or err...something..' But do I not think this is a good offer? - 'Yeah, but just err....nah'. And so we say goodbye, and so ends the phone conversation.

Now I'm absolutely shitting it, and hoping I havn't just been an absolute mug. So I search the number on the internet, and sure enough it seems shitloads of other O2 customers have had the same call, or even had no reply or been hung up on when they answered. But none of these search results actually say for sure whether it was O2 or a scam. So I e-mail O2 and ask what the fuck is going on. After one automated reply which didn't actually answer my question, and just gave advice on nuisance calls, I got a proper reply this morning.

Yes, the 02202 number is actually the O2 sales department.

What the shitty fuck?!? What kind of retarded idea is that? Just stick to mildly annoying texts advertising shit, instead of phoning and wanting bank details, and making half of your customers panic like fuck.

Saying that, I might just be bitter because the call from the Irish bloke made me spill my coffee all over myself, and the fact that I now am actually quite interested in the SIM package he was trying to sell me, so it was actually quite effective advertising. Bastards.

Vodafone keep ringing me. I was on their website looking at mobile broadband and I started filling out the order form then changed my mind at the last step and cancelled it. Unfortunately I'd already filled in the bit with my phone number so now they keep ringing me and giving me the hard sell.

They usually call every second day, and they've started ringing from a withheld number, after seemingly clocking on that I never answered when they rang from the 08080011101 number. I always answer withheld numbers cos it might be a family member or an emergency or something (although it never is).

"So you're interested in Vodafone mobile broadband"

"Well I was just browsing really. I told you that yesterday"

"OK. Well would you like me to go through some of the benifits of Vodafone's mobile broadband".

"No that's OK. I want to shop around a bit before I commit to anything. If I do decide to go with Vodafone you'll be the first to know"

"You want to shop around a bit?"

"Yes"

"Well, with Vodafone mobile broadband you'll get...."

*click*

BT keep sending me letters and phoning me to try and persuade me to move my phonecalls back over to them. It's getting pretty embarrassing really, almost like they're begging. I get a couple of letters a month. After I got another one yesterday I wanted to phone them up and just say "Have some self respect! Look at yourself, it's time to move on with your life and find someone else".

It's not like I even use my housephone much either and they still have my line rental.

Last year, I kept getting phone calls from a company called XL Communications offering me a better mobile phone service. No matter how many times I told them that I did'nt want to hear from them again, they kept phoning me.

It got to the point that when they phoned the final time, I actually shouted at the poor guy at the other end. I never heard from them again.

Being hungry and still 37mins from lunchtime :(

That feeling is always worsened when someone on an early lunch brings back some food and it smells great. Or if you're so incredibley hungry that even gross food smells good.

Lunchtimes in offices aren't too pleasant mind. Desk Fans/Air Con + a massive combination of different foods equals a scent, which cyclones round the room, and the whole place ends up smelling like a wheelie bin.

That feeling is always worsened when someone on an early lunch brings back some food and it smells great. Or if you're so incredibley hungry that even gross food smells good.

Lunchtimes in offices aren't too pleasant mind. Desk Fans/Air Con + a massive combination of different foods equals a scent, which cyclones round the room, and the whole place ends up smelling like a wheelie bin.

School kids sitting at the tables near my desk eating bloody chips has made it a load worse. :down:

Last year, I kept getting phone calls from a company called XL Communications offering me a better mobile phone service. No matter how many times I told them that I did'nt want to hear from them again, they kept phoning me.

It got to the point that when they phoned the final time, I actually shouted at the poor guy at the other end. I never heard from them again.

I used to get a lot of these calls to my mobile trying to sell me phones. You can register your mobile phone number with the Telephone Preference Service to stop them though, the same way you do with a house phone.

For about 2 months month I kept getting calls at the same time every day by a company called Ant Marketing. I never actually answered it even one time, so I've got no idea what they wanted. It was annoying though.

I could if i wanted, but they bought the chips here in the coffee shop and are eating them at the tables provided for them. They are noisy as well. I fucking hate kids.

Oh aye. I forgot that BM sells food too. When I first moved here, I was certainly confused slightly by a TV, coffee and guitar newsagents.