aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I walked past heaps of wasps on the way home on Friday after work. I think hornets are bigger aren't they? Wasps & Hornets

They are? I always thought hornets were the littler wasps.

Well, its those mini wasps that just appear to be everywhere. I don't know if they can sting, but I'm still flapping around whenever they come near me anyway. There's just a ridiculous amount of them!

Bastarding wasps. They are a nightmare. Made the mistake of parking my car under a tree on Saturday evening. Then on Sunday, return to my car to find it covered in wasps. Im talking about at least 20 or 30 of the bastards. Definitely not nice! Especially as they are so angry at the moment.

Wasps creep me out man, really are just the freakiest thing! the way they move about, reading that thing Chris posted about them gives me shivers on my back! but Bees are cute and bumbley, They seem to be misunderstood, the friendly ones that Wasps give a bad name.

You're talking about bumble bees. You do know that normal honey bees look like wasps right?

In Crete, bumble bees are all black, and bigger. They are almost like bats, but the buzzing sounds like a lawnmower. Terrifying. One reason not to go to Crete. The other reason is because its like if Blackpool and a Council Estate had a baby.

We saw some of them in Italy. They were awesome, didn't pay any interest in us whatsoever. You'd be sitting outside enjoying a nice quiet drink in the sun and then there'd be a colossal buzzing sound, like a helicopter going past and this massive, fat, black bee would thunder by towards the nearby flowers. They kept chasing away the wasps as well, so all in all I thought they were ace.

I remembe being on holiday to Barcelona with my folks when I was a kid, we hired a car and I was sitting in the back minding my own business and I heard this sort of "thwack" noise coming from behind me. I looked round and on the parcel shelf there was this fucking monster of a thing, it was red and black and must have had a wingspan of 5 or 6 cm, like a big moth. The thwack noise was it trying to fly out of the back window and hitting the glass.

I was in the front seats before my dad could even pull over.

Bees are a'right like. They're not as aggressive because they know that when they sting you, they're fucked and they're gonna die, so if one stings you then you probably deserved it. Wasps can piss off though... I'm quite terrified of them. Every keeps saying "if you stay perfectly still it won't touch you". Stay still? Fuck that noise. One of those yellow and black bitches come near me I'ma run away like a big girl and hide behind the nearest fat person. Or punch it in the face, because I'm actually well hard.

• Upvote 1

Bees are a'right like. They're not as aggressive because they know that when they sting you, they're fucked and they're gonna die

After doing some wikipedia reading because of this thread it seems that's not true, or at least it's only true for honey bees. Bumble bees and others don't have barbed stings and can sting repeatedly without dying. But they only really get angry if their nest if under attack.

After doing some wikipedia reading because of this thread it seems that's not true, or at least it's only true for honey bees. Bumble bees and others don't have barbed stings and can sting repeatedly without dying. But they only really get angry if their nest if under attack.

Is it true that it's scientifically impossible for them to fly, or is that bullshit too?

So, I'm 8 quid down, and all I've got is 16 bright pink Paracetamol. Thats what the other 4% is. Some Enumbers to make them bright pink, and a splash of Codeine.

Maybe pipe down and stop fucking moaning since you were stupid enough to go ahead and buy it regardless.

Maybe pipe down and stop fucking moaning since you were stupid enough to go ahead and buy it regardless.

Well, the ingredients were on the slip inside the box, which was behind the counter, so I didn't have a clue what was in it. I just figured my own GP knew what he was doing, and no other doctor would do anything until I'd taken the medication, which A&E told me themselves. It's not gonna sit well with a doctor, looking on my medical records that I've been prescribed something, and instead of taking it, I've just ignored it, is it? "Oh, well you ignored my last advice, so sure, I'll continue pissing away my time with you! How about I schedule you in for surgery so you can go ahead and just not turn up?"

No need for the petty childish insults, considering the whole thread is one big fucking moan, isn't it? Settle down.

No need for the petty childish insults, considering the whole thread is one big fucking moan, isn't it? Settle down.

This thread is one big moan. You have contributed some fucking hilarious and excellent posts on it, but as others have mentioned, you also post SO often that sometimes looks like plucking random mild irritances and ranting about them, which is a bit annoying. A pet hate, you might say?

This particular post read as you moaning about buying a product that you were aware was mostly paracetemol. That's why I was saying you should stop whingeing.

But I didn't know it was mostly paracetamol when I bought it, so that's why it ticked me off, especially considering the pricetag. Is that okay with you? I think that's actually a genuine gripe compared to most of the drivel I pour out to kill my lunchtimes at work, don't you? I don't even care.

You could always just put me on your ignore list if my posts offend you that much. It would be a little more dignified than you resorting to calling me 'stupid' from behind your computer screen.