aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Prescriptions. They can get fucked, I'll tell you that for nowt.

I've been having pulverising headaches every day for 12 days. Went to the doctors yesterday, told him I'd been chowing down painkillers like they were smarties, so it's obviously not a painkiller issue, and more of a 'WHATTHEFUCKISWRONGWITHMYBRAIN!?!?" sort of issue.

"Have you tried Migraleve? We'll give you some Migraleve. Bye"

8! Eight bastard quid. What's in it? 96% paracetamol. You know, Paracetamol? The stuff you can buy from Tesco for 20p for a bathtub of the cunts? The stuff I've practically been eating in sandwiches for the past 2 weeks? That's what's in it. This ballbags diploma is probably written in crayon, that he won at the seaside.

I went to A and E last night because it was so bad I could barely open my eyes. The nurse was a total cow. She told me to go into the room and sit down. I sat on the bed and not the metal chair which was no more than a foot and a half off the ground. I got a telling off for that. Bed not for sitting. Shit flimsy chair for sitting. My world came tumbling down. Not only that, but I heard her discussing quite loudly what was wrong with me out in the hall where other patients, the police and the interns who make beds are wandering about. Nice bit of confidentiality that. I hope she gets demoted to Bog Scrubber. Fucking grotty witch.

So, I'm 8 quid down, and all I've got is 16 bright pink Paracetamol. Thats what the other 4% is. Some Enumbers to make them bright pink, and a splash of Codeine.

I've been having pulverising headaches every day for 12 days. Went to the doctors yesterday, told him I'd been chowing down painkillers like they were smarties, so it's obviously not a painkiller issue, and more of a 'WHATTHEFUCKISWRONGWITHMYBRAIN!?!?" sort of issue.

8! Eight bastard quid. What's in it? 96% paracetamol. You know, Paracetamol? The stuff you can buy from Tesco for 20p for a bathtub of the cunts? The stuff I've practically been eating in sandwiches for the past 2 weeks? That's what's in it. This ballbags diploma is probably written in crayon, that he won at the seaside.

I went to A and E last night because it was so bad I could barely open my eyes. The nurse was a total cow. She told me to go into the room and sit down. I sat on the bed and not the metal chair which was no more than a foot and a half off the ground. I got a telling off for that. Bed not for sitting. Shit flimsy chair for sitting. My world came tumbling down. Not only that, but I heard her discussing quite loudly what was wrong with me out in the hall where other patients, the police and the interns who make beds are wandering about. Nice bit of confidentiality that. I hope she gets demoted to Bog Scrubber. Fucking grotty witch.

So, I'm 8 quid down, and all I've got is 16 bright pink Paracetamol. Thats what the other 4% is. Some Enumbers to make them bright pink, and a splash of Codeine.

8! Fucksake! I'd go the extra 12 and just buy a 20 bag :p

Nah, Migraleve pink also have an active ingredient to stop nausea and vomiting:

Migraleve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Antiemetic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're pretty good for migraines though I don't think they're effective enough to warrant the price and just stick with paracetamol and lying down in a dark room for a while instead.

Aren't prescriptions down to 4 per item now though? Every time I go get my repeat prescription it seems to get cheaper.

They said mine was a double charge, yet I only get 16 tablets. And I need to take 2 at a time.

Still, they were as effective as Paracetamol have been on my 2 week headache. So, that was nice. I wonder if I threaten my GP, he'll give me a refund.

I think you can buy 24 tablet packs without a prescription for 8...

edit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Migraleve-Pink-Tablets-24/dp/B001PMJ76K+migraleve+pink&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Don't want to be patronising but have you had a look at your diet? Sleeping patterns and drinking enough water? anything like that could really make a huge difference, i used to have killer migraines, just when i got into eating a bit healthier, drinking spring water instead of fizzy juice and exercising i never get them any more.If i over sleep though i get some pretty bad headaches instead of the other way around which seems to confuse people.

One of the first thoughts was that I was allergic to something I have quite regularly, but the doctor seemed to rule that out without even considering it. I drink aboout 3 litres of water a day, and I cycle to and from work, so I'm doing alright dietwise.

So, it's probably an aneurysm.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Stupid made-up dog breeds. In today's Evening Express there are adverts for Cockerpoo puppies, Rebass puppies, Shihpoo puppies, and Spanollie puppies. And they cost 300 quid each! When i was a kid they were called mongrels and they gave them away for free!

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Stupid made-up dog breeds. In today's Evening Express there are adverts for Cockerpoo puppies, Rebass puppies, Shihpoo puppies, and Spanollie puppies. And they cost 300 quid each! When i was a kid they were called mongrels and they gave them away for free!

I think I've got most of those, but what's a Rebass? Soemthing crossed with a basset hound?

One of the first thoughts was that I was allergic to something I have quite regularly, but the doctor seemed to rule that out without even considering it. I drink aboout 3 litres of water a day, and I cycle to and from work, so I'm doing alright dietwise.

So, it's probably an aneurysm.

Or too much time on the PC...

:up:

Pretty much this exact comment was in the letters page on the Evening Express on Saturday. I wonder if AJL are lifting posts off here and passing them off as letters.

Hornets. What's up with all the hornets? Heaps of them, all over town. Went to Thanestone Market a week ago, and it seemed like there must have been some nests nearby because there was just hundreds of hornets everywhere. Seems to be swarms of them around Tillydrone/Old Aberdeen. Stopped at traffic lights on my bike this morning at the Powis Terrace/George St junction, and I probably looked a bit mentally unstable to queuing motorists around me as I swatted away so many bastard hornets. I'm scared to open my gob even slightly whilst riding my bike, as I know I'll get half a dozen of the cunts caught in there. Whats going on?!?

Hornets. What's up with all the hornets? Heaps of them, all over town. Went to Thanestone Market a week ago, and it seemed like there must have been some nests nearby because there was just hundreds of hornets everywhere. Seems to be swarms of them around Tillydrone/Old Aberdeen. Stopped at traffic lights on my bike this morning at the Powis Terrace/George St junction, and I probably looked a bit mentally unstable to queuing motorists around me as I swatted away so many bastard hornets. I'm scared to open my gob even slightly whilst riding my bike, as I know I'll get half a dozen of the cunts caught in there. Whats going on?!?

I walked past heaps of wasps on the way home on Friday after work. I think hornets are bigger aren't they? Wasps & Hornets

Walked up Bennachie yesterday and aside from all the bastarding horse flies there was one huge, red beastie that hovered right beside me then decided to land on my back while I flapped helplessly to get rid of it. Fuck knows what that was. It was long, like a damselfly but much fatter and in segments instead of a thin matchstick.