aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Three more games next year with the two on consecutive weekends.  They are testing it out for a franchise more than ever now.

Jets @ Dolphins

Bills @ Jags

Lions @ Chiefs

Pretty surprised the Chiefs are giving up a home game at Arrowhead.  Guess they are pushing for a Superbowl in the next few years...

These in London? You think they want a franchise in London? Am I totally missing something?

These in London? You think they want a franchise in London? Am I totally missing something?

Sorry yeah.  Goodell really seems to want a franchise in London.  Testing how demand would be for a real season 3 games in 5 weeks.

A real home season would only have 8 home games plus playoffs, so they are almost half way there.

He's also said if you want a Superbowl you have to be willing to give up a home game to London.

We only went and fucking won a game! Get in!

Only the jets could go up by 3 or so scores in the first half, forcing 4 turnovers in the process and come within an onside kick of losing. Oh well, a win's a win.

Fucking Jason Babin though... 3rd and 11, about to take possession with 2 minutes left, up 2 scores and he fucking takes big Ben out for a 15 yard penalty, automatic 1st down. It's shit like that that winds Jets fans up so much. Like Bilal Powell celebrating a touchdown too early last year and falling over. Slack and badly disciplined.

Hoyer's gonna get injured, Manziel will come in and win a fairytale super bowl. Disney movie comes out the year after. Seriously though, the Browns are solid. Been great to watch this year.

Da Bears... wow.

The Sanchize is up and running!

I just knew it'd happen. He's gonna take them all the way. Ok, he didn't do much, it was all defence and special teams, but still, he's risen from the ashes butt first.

When all is said and done... Sanchez is an above average QB when he has pocket protection and big targets. He looked supremely confident that first half and was connecting nicely. I wish him all the best.

When all is said and done... Sanchez is an above average QB when he has pocket protection and big targets. He looked supremely confident that first half and was connecting nicely. I wish him all the best.

I agree up to the above average.  He's very average.  That eagles team has a lot of talent on the offense and a pretty good Oline.  I think the Sanchize is in a tier below the likes of Alex Smith.

I'll rephrase... he's adequate. Although, right now, as in compared with the rest of the active QBs in the league, i'd say he's above average. If you listed all current starting QBs i'd place him in the top half, maybe just. 

That's quite an interesting question there...

Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Jay Cutler
Andy Dalton
Brian Hoyer
Tony Romo
Peyton Manning
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Andrew Luck
Alex Smith
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Philip Rivers
Colin Kaepernick
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Ryan Tannehill
Robert Griffin III

Mark Sanchez

Kyle Orton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Blake Bortles
Michael Vick
Derek Carr
Teddy Bridgewater
Austin Davis
Josh McCown
Zach Mettenberger

There not in order of who's the best, just above better than Sanchez, below are worse.

Discuss.

Strictly on current form, you could put RGIII in the bottom half.

I'd also place Sanchez above Tannehill probably most weeks and Cam Newton definitely these past few weeks.

Also Jay Cutty right now

Derek Carr is a better QB than Sanchez.

OK, he's maybe a slightly below average QB on current form/situation.

I'll rephrase... if you were to take every QB ever to play in the NFL, he'd be in the top half.

This is all getting very ESPN dead time filler... I like it!

Can't say he's better than Tannehill over 1.5 games!

Tannehill has the Fins (less talented offense) at 5-4 and has a QBR about 90.

Jay Cutler is playing awful right now but he's still a top 15 QB in the league.  The Bears have just self destructed, anyone starting a franchise right now would pick up Jay over the Sanchize.

I think Derek Carr will be a better QB but right now I'm not so sure, again though, there is not much talent on that Raiders team.

I'll rephrase... if you were to take every QB ever to play in the NFL, he'd be in the top half.

It would be amazing if we could actually get that list, I don't think he would be.  He's been to two AFL champ games, but never because of him.  That's when the Jets could play defence and run the ball.

Edited by Captain America

I'm picking and choosing.

Given Tannehill's previous 2 seasons and Sanchez's previous however many seasons, Sanchez is a better QB imo. Tannehill is playing pretty well right now but I'd still take Sanchez over him.

Jay Cutler is a much better QB, however if you were to ask me who played better for their team in the last game and who I'd pick for fantasy points next week, i'd say Sanchez.

Again, i'm totally picking and choosing. I don't know what my criteria is anymore.

As for the every QB ever question... of course he'd be in the top half. Think of all the 3rd string duffers, the draft busts and the Byron Leftwich's of the world. He'd definitely be in the top half.

Oh right. I thought it would be based off of a started x number of games so it's more relevant to qbs who really played rather than held a clipboard.

That passing yards one is a good one to base it off of I guess.

I don't hate Sanchez but he came into the league and got carried to two title games and then held on for a couple of years playing really mediocre. I'm not even sure how Rex still has a job either now I think about it. But with that eagles team Sanchez could make some noise. As long as he's handing it to Shady.

I don't hate Sanchez but he came into the league and got carried to two title games and then held on for a couple of years playing really mediocre. I'm not even sure how Rex still has a job either now I think about it. But with that eagles team Sanchez could make some noise. As long as he's handing it to Shady.

The NFL doesn't quite have the same managerial merry go round as fitba but still, Rex is very lucky (or not) to still be HC of the Jets. I think this season is his curtain call though. It simply has to be.