aberdeen-music

Burlesque Dancing

woombler

That's just my opinion. Each to their own. However, it's just my opinion that you can't have a huge amount of self respect to basically sell your body like that. I realise it's a very easy way to make a sizeable amount of money very quickly and it's probably the minority of the girls that ruin the reputation of the rest (you hear stories all the time of girls selling more than a dance) but it's just not something I can understand myself. It honestly turns my stomach... I should emphasise that I do not have the same sentiments towards Burlesque dancers at all. As far as I see it, it's completely different.

I realise my view is perhaps a bit extreme, but it's mainly driven by the sheer volume of sexist pigs I've dealt with over the years.

In my opinion all women use sex appeal and their bodies in general to get what they want, be it money, fame, male attention, credability, friends, sex etc.

You're all as bad as each other.

I hate women.

:p Very good.

The summarise my post above... my issue is more on the "putting a price" on a woman. That's kinda the thing I have an issue with. I have an issue with the same thing being done to men also.

Whilst I don't deny that many women (I'd include myself in this) use their sexuality to gain advantage, I'd also would argue that a lot of men do it to. We're all as bad as each other on that front... and even worse for letting someone 'doing it' sway us.

I hate men as well. But i think women certainly use their sexuality a lot more than men. For starters the female body is more appealing to a wider cross section of humanity than the male body. Most women want to look like another women in some way in some sort of weird idolatry. Men generally aren't subject to the same rule (i realise that some men are).

Everyone's got a price.

I basically sold my body to some extent, folk saw me naked to draw me. I didn't find it at all sordid cos I felt that i was doing the art students a favour in a way, they just wanted to learn. Having said that, my art school mates have told me that some guys have had hard-ons when I was posing. No offence to guys, but ew. You also had a lot of control in the class, if you thought someone was not behaving properly you could chuck them out.

I don't think I could do the stripper thing. One of my former mates was a stripper and I think she did it because she was really insecure and craved male attention. She is now shagging about 5 different blokes a week; the GUM clinic has asked her to be tested once a week!!

Woombler, I was in Club Sapphire at the weekend (don't ask why!) and they had flyers for their burlesque nights, including details of lessons on the back. I took the liberty of pooching this flyer for this very thread.

With afternoon workshops.

First Saturday of every month.

Beginners Class 2.30pm

Improvers class 4.30pm.

Contact Viva on 07889 925094 for more information and to book.

That's the one I was at. The girls who run it are a right laugh.

They teach you how to do sexy, burlesque walking and teach you some dance routines. They also give you a burlesque name. I was Saucie McHack. And the grand finale is when they get the nipple tassles out.

It is one of the stranger ways I've spent a Saturday afternoon.

Believe what you like mate, do you think I care? My friends know that I'm not in the habit of lying or exaggerating anything, so go cram it up your ass.

Why don't you put a picture of yourself up while you're at it, you coward.

I have no insecurities about myself; alarm bells should be ringing inside your head since you put so much effort into trolling. Well done, that makes you really big and impressive, you computer bully. Do you have the guts to say the same things to my face? I don't think so. I think the only person here that should be worried about how they look to other people is you, since you are trying so hard to detract attention from your own shortcomings.

Wind your neck in and take a good look at yourself.

• Upvote 1

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Believe what you like mate, do you think I care? My friends know that I'm not in the habit of lying or exaggerating anything, so go cram it up your ass.

I have no insecurities about myself; alarm bells should be ringing inside your head since you put so much effort into trolling. Well done, that makes you really big and impressive, you computer bully. Do you have the guts to say the same things to my face? I don't think so. I think the only person here that should be worried about how they look to other people is you, since you are trying so hard to detract attention from your own shortcomings.

No offence, but while that was pretty rough and a bit personal you kind of deserve it for bragging that dudes popped boners over your naked body. And by the way, I don't find you attractive and I would have the testicular fortitude to say it to your face (unless your boyfriend was nearby, that is).

My post was about the perils of life modelling. I didn't want that kind of attention as I was doing a job and it detracted from what people were there to do, learn how to draw.

I was going out with one of the other life models at the time for god sake. This relates back to the whole burlesque thing cos even though I have done something similar, I don't think that I could ever be a stripper.

My post was about the perils of life modelling. I didn't want that kind of attention as I was doing a job and it detracted from what people were there to do, learn how to draw.

Well like it or not naked bodies make people think about sex. Thinking about sex makes people get hard-ons. Society has tended towards stopping people having hard-ons but, fo'cryin out loud, we'll continue to have hard-ons, whether you like it or not and in your presence if we see fit.

• Upvote 1

Well I've been given a wrap on the knuckles by the mods so I don't think I'm able to respond, unfortunatley.

Well I've been given a wrap on the knuckles by the mods so I don't think I'm able to respond, unfortunatley.

Why don't you respond with an apology, seeing as you were way, way out of line? Then you might reclaim some of the ground you lost on the road to being a decent human being.

You broke the rule: don't be a dick.

Well like it or not naked bodies make people think about sex. Thinking about sex makes people get hard-ons. Society has tended towards stopping people having hard-ons but, fo'cryin out loud, we'll continue to have hard-ons, whether you like it or not and in your presence if we see fit.

Lol, fair enough.

No offence, but while that was pretty rough and a bit personal you kind of deserve it for bragging that dudes popped boners over your naked body. And by the way, I don't find you attractive and I would have the testicular fortitude to say it to your face (unless your boyfriend was nearby, that is).

Thank you for affording me that courtesy, even if it was virtual.

You may not have wanted to that sort of attention to it at the time but by saying guys are popping boners over you & mentioning your old job a few times here (see here - http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/50124-arty-sad-3.html ) then you're certainly going to bring attention to yourself now!

It was certainly one of my most unusual occupations, lol. I'm only trying to contribute with some of my personal insights which are relevant to the topic, isn't that what you are meant to do?

Has anyone else been starkers in front of random people? I'd like to see stories!!