aberdeen-music

Olafur Arnalds + Greg Haines + Finn @ The Tunnels

below is what is stated in the contract...hopefully people will be as courteous as at the Peacocks gig last year...i will make polite signs to make people aware i think :)

MISC.

lafur Arnalds performance is very quiet. For example the sound that occurs when you open a can of soda can be double the volume of the performance. So please keep the following in mind:

If there is a bar inside the concert hall, please ask the bar staff to try to be extremely quiet and refrain from using loud equipment like expresso machines or coctail makers.

Please ask latecomers to enter the room quietly, and maybe even only during applause or between songs.

Please also try to make sure that there are no other things that could disturb the performance for example: hardcore bands playing in the next room, slamming doors, etc.

So that's it then...it's in the contract!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Olafur Arnalds, it's the kind of thing surely an asshole would talk over?

If I can budget myself once I'm paid, I might be along to this.

Have you seen Errors before?

If so, think of it like this;

Go tomorrow night, you get one, respectively ace, band for 6.

Go on the 22nd and you get 3, equallly respectively ace, bands for 8.

That's approx. 2.70 per band.

Simple logic, innit?

Some cock took down about 8 posters in the space of 48 hours round uni. I made certain not to cover over any posters that advertised future events, so i have no idea why someone would do such a thing :(

I'm gonna try and borrow a nail gun thing and have another go.

yeah i heard that posters never last long at the uni :down:

thanks for doing that for us anyway lindsay :up:

Some cock took down about 8 posters in the space of 48 hours round uni. I made certain not to cover over any posters that advertised future events, so i have no idea why someone would do such a thing :(

I'm gonna try and borrow a nail gun thing and have another go.

so it was you covering up part of one of my T-T posters in Law Library coffee place grrrrrrrrrrr :swearing::up:

Campus is pretty much a free for all, altho I was once told ripping down is 'censorship' but covering up is 'ok'...... i wouldnt get annoyed about it.

so it was you covering up part of one of my T-T posters in Law Library coffee place grrrrrrrrrrr :swearing::up:

Campus is pretty much a free for all, altho I was once told ripping down is 'censorship' but covering up is 'ok'...... i wouldnt get annoyed about it.

Haha! I did?! I enlisted a friend to help me with putting them up, so lets blame them :up:

I was in today again; had a quick wander and the other 10 or so are still up. Huzzah!

There's a lovely wee bit about this gig in The Kiosque

http://www.thekiosque.com/olafur-arnalds.shtml

Olafur Arnalds, Greg Haines, Finn

Wednesday 22 October | The Tunnels | 8pm | 10/8adv

It's all too easy to have a pop at Iceland at the moment what with their impending financial ruin and defeats by mediocre Scottish football teams. Musically however, it can still hold its head high. This is due in no small part to the astounding all-conquering success of Sigur Ros of course, whom tonight's headliner and fellow countryman Olafur Arnalds supported on their European tour this summer.

Naturally, comparisons will be drawn between the two but Arnalds is, in his own right, an incredible artist. And then some. Epic, beautiful, delicate compositions backed by a string quartet and piano with added electronic loops and beats, this is something special. Described as trying to "break classical music out of the tweed jacket and loafers and put it into a t-shirt and trainers" he's sold out venues across Europe. It's easy to see why.

There's more though as also on the bill is classical/electronic composer Greg Haines and German multi-intsrumentalist singer/songwriter Finn. Part of the eclectic Sound Festival programme which began this week, this could be life-affirmingly good.

www.myspace.com/olafurarnalds

www.myspace.com/greghainesmusic

www.myspace.com/finndot