aberdeen-music

Tickets for Avril Lavigne go on sale on Friday for Secc show in October!!

Danny Doubt

hey dan, i dont really giv a shit wot ppl think of me, but i will go see a live show of an artist before commenting on how pish they are! I never thought much of rammstein till i saw their live show an wen i left i thought they were the greatest band on the planet, recently it has been incubus who hav taken me fancy an now i love them.

I know she doesnt take everyone's fancy but she must be doing summin rite!

I just think her "catchy" songs are annoying. I can't help getting the impression that she thinks she's this generation's answer to Bob Dylan or something. Ach, i really can't stand her cheesy lyrics.

Although im just another guy who has to judge from what i see on tv. Maybe shes not as pretentious as she comes off to be (to me), but until its proven otherwise, the evidence is against her in my view.

PS I think the music industry is exempted from the "innocent until proven guilty" theory :p

Originally posted by Danny Doubt:

guess ur pissed off that she's minted and playing to thousands of ppl. oh well me 2!

Well I'm 18, have played in america, met a pile of my idols and am playing in London this weekend.

My second gig was Glasgow QMU.

So no, not really.

:up:

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

Well I'm 18, have played in america, met a pile of my idols and am playing in London this weekend.

My second gig was Glasgow QMU.

So no, not really.

:up:

No disrespect, but that's hardly the same is it? Have you done a sold out arena tour? Have you sold millions of record worldwide? Are you a household name? Do thousands of people have your posters on their walls? Are you rich from playing music?

Originally posted by Monk Rocker:

No disrespect, but that's hardly the same is it? Have you done a sold out arena tour? Have you sold millions of record worldwide? Are you a household name? Do thousands of people have your posters on their walls? Are you rich from playing music?

No, its not the same.

But I also dont base myself upon a "I'm a punker, not a pop chick" lie.

I don't think I'll ever get to the same level as her commercially either. I'm merely saying that I'm quiet pleased with my achievements for my age.