aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lemonade

Name the one hit wonders

Without right clicking the picture and looking at the web addresses..... see how many you can get.

1 - az_3214_Glorious_Andreas%2520Johnson.jpg

2 - boo_bandpic.jpg

3 - cornershop_000980_MainPicture.jpg

4 - New_Radicals_Gregg_Alexander.jpg

5 - The-Mock-Turtles.jpg

6 - babylon.jpg

7 - 27.jpg

8 - 9580290.jpg

9 - 19111.jpg

10 - B00005QK0A.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

7. The Buggles (Trevor Horn)

I'm pretty sure it's just Buggles,in fact that could possibly be the first time I've ever heard (alright, seen) them referred to as 'The' Buggles.

I'm pretty sure it's just Buggles,in fact that could possibly be the first time I've ever heard (alright, seen) them referred to as 'The' Buggles.

I'll surrender myself to the authorities immediately ;)

I wouldn't class The Mavericks as 1 hit wonders.

Ok maybe one hit in this country but not in the grand scheme of things.

Back in the days of CMT they were always on and not just with "I Wanna Dance the Night Away."

Other than that i think i only know Buggles.

(and i think its just Buggles too not The Buggles)

Some more guesses:

15: Meredith Brooks...maybe?

8: Ugly Kid Joe

New_Radicals_Gregg_Alexander.jpg

wrote "life is a rollercoaster" for ronan keating and a heap of other commercially successful songs, so i believe

Yeah, I always thought that was a wierd one, he was portrayed as some sort of hip dude fighting the system, slagging off the LA music establishment in his one hit. Then within a few months people like Ronan Keating and Geri Halliwell were name dropping him in interviews, saying they were working with him in an attempt to gain some sort of credibility.

PS The Charles and Eddie one is perhaps a bit of a giveaway, given that their name is on the picture.

Yeah, I always thought that was a wierd one, he was portrayed as some sort of hip dude fighting the system, slagging off the LA music establishment in his one hit. Then within a few months people like Ronan Keating and Geri Halliwell were name dropping him in interviews, saying they were working with him in an attempt to gain some sort of credibility.

Oh how I laughed :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ps - don't know who 12 and 15 are, but they'd be "getting it"

Oh how I laughed :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ps - don't know who 12 and 15 are, but they'd be "getting it"

Unfortunately (for you anyway), 12 is a transexual. But I'm glad someone fell into my trap :)

Unfortunately (for you anyway), 12 is a transexual. But I'm glad someone fell into my trap :)

I never specified exactly what they'd be getting, your honour, but fair point. The defence rests :laughing:

12 is an tranny from Israel.

16 did a (decent) cover of a Clash song.

20 are still on the go and releasing stuff but I don't think they ever had another hit. It was from the summer of 2000.

Pedantry demands that I mention that the definition of a one-hit-wonder is that they do not trouble the charts ever again after their number one, or top 40 hit;One-hit wonder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thus ruling out Deee-Lite who had other great tunes (Zu Wah, Zu Zu Wah indeed).

Deee-Lite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So that rules out Jonah Fucking Lewie and his Cavalry.

12 is an tranny from Israel.

16 did a (decent) cover of a Clash song.

20 are still on the go and releasing stuff but I don't think they ever had another hit. It was from the summer of 2000.

12 is Dana International

16 I'm trying to remember, is it Audiolab or something like that? I think I saw them at the Lemon Treet supporting Northern Uproar circa 1996 (blame Nick taylor of Taylored Sound, he got us free tickets)

Haven't a scooby on 20.