aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Decontrol

Show us your stuff.

I love the 'your gear' thread but i really want to see all the equipment. so go on, post pics of your stuff i'd love to see it. go on, i will if you wont.

i bet theres some corking gear oot there.

make this place interesting for once:up:

dont know if theres a thread like this already cause i never looked:popcorn:

Hmmm, well compared with what most other people on the board are packing my stuff is pretty basic/shit, but I'll post some pics up tomorrow anyway. My epi les paul has a cool finish.

you should clean that white guitar it looks like some ned toy has tagged it.

lol, I was wondering who's signature it is, is it Duff Mcwhatshisname out of Guns and Roses?

lol, I was wondering who's signature it is, is it Duff Mcwhatshisname out of Guns and Roses?

McKagan, yeah that's who it is. It's the exact model of bass that he used at first (nowadays he has replicas made by the Fender custom shop). He and his bass tech were most impressed by it, needless to say I was chuffed!

McKagan, yeah that's who it is. It's the exact model of bass that he used at first (nowadays he has replicas made by the Fender custom shop). He and his bass tech were most impressed by it, needless to say I was chuffed!

No offesnse, but I can't help thinking it would have been better if he had signed behind the headstock, it really sticks out where it is.

When Les Paul signed my Les Paul, he signed it behind the headstock, meaning I can have my signed instrument but it still looks normal. However when I asked Mark Knopfler to sign my Mark Knopfler signature strat, I gave him it with the back of the headstock facing up, he then proceeded to turn it round and wrote on the FRONT, right over the Fender logo. Bloody rockstars.

No offesnse, but I can't help thinking it would have been better if he had signed behind the headstock, it really sticks out where it is.

Yeah, it's annoying, he signed it exactly where my hand touches the bass when I play with a plectrum. Ideally for me he would have signed it on the horn on the other side of the pickups but I didn't really get a chance to specify where he signed it unfortunately. Personally I like it being signed on the front, just he could have picked a spot where I wouldn't rub it off when I play.

fender p bass 1979

bass005.jpg

rickenbacker 4003s 1992

bass006.jpg

warwick corvette 2008

DSC00174.jpg

hohner jack bass 1992

bass003.jpg

rickenbacker 4003 1996

bass002.jpg

aria pro 2 igb-spt- custom paint job (80's metal band, Q5. album cover)

DSC00501.jpg

squire p bass, a few modifications.

bass008.jpg

cheap ricky copy, repainted,defretted.

rickenchecker1005.jpg

bass007.jpg

bass009.jpg

Straps visible in pictures! Levys straps FTW - more sustain for sure :):laughing:

From the other thread - I saw no harm in the inclusion of such an item. I'm happy to say I use Levys straps. They are better than many equivalents and I value that as important. Same with Planet Waves leads as it just so happens :D

What is that?

Its an anal kazoo, its the nearest stripey gets to playing a musical instrument....:music:

bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Mapex M series?
'Tis indeed. :up:

Safe. I've got a Pro-M just now, but it's only a 5-piece.

I've had my eye on a 6-piece orion for some time. But I think the next logical step will be to get a Saturn. PRETTY much the same kit but a couple of grand less!!

Still, a 6-piece Saturn will set me back a fair bit. I'm planning to keep that as my studio/practice/recording kit, then i can keep my Pro-M in my hard cases and just use it to tour with.

That's the plan anyway...

I bet they were. Read that in Total Guitar?

Thought Duff would be more susceptible to feature in bass oriented magazines as opposed to guitar based equivalents, non?

:up: