aberdeen-music

Show us your stuff.

Decontrol

Stripey, if we "pathetic" people want to share images of our equipment then let us. The thread is called "show us your stuff." so it is clearly intended for/is going to have such pictures. Granted it will also likely contain some pictures of interesting and rare items which I assume you were hoping to find (your old tuner comes to mind here) but don't give us a hard time for showing our stuff just because you don't give a shit how many guitars we own. If you want us to post songs that we have written and recorded then open up a thread for it if you haven't already.

Personally I like this sort of thread, I enjoy looking at guitars and amps. It also lets me see what other forum members are using, which I find interesting. I'm into guitar and bass gear, I'm a sad man, I know.

Wicked come back...thats taken the fight right out of me, you win, your the best and guitars are shite, im off to sell all my ego props and become Bhudist monk like you...:up:

No really, why do you always feel the need to bring up the fact that I use a computer as the center of my studio whenever you don't like my opinion? You always try to imply that it somehow makes me talentless or negates my argument, which is of course utter rubbish and demonstrates how completely out of touch you are.

No really, why do you always feel the need to bring up the fact that I use a computer as the center of my studio whenever you don't like my opinion? You always try to imply that it somehow makes me talentless or negates my argument, which is of course utter rubbish and demonstrates how completely out of touch you are.

no thats just your paranoia....what I attempt to highlight is that there is no visual requirement in your chosen media and you are reluctant to see the importance of it for others. But that will be ignored by you as usual...as I said before "pointless argument"

END!

no thats just your paranoia....what I attempt to highlight is that there is no visual requirement in your chosen media and you are reluctant to see the importance of it for others. But that will be ignored by you as usual...as I said before "pointless argument"

END!

Its an anal kazoo' date=' its the nearest stripey gets to playing a musical instrument....

bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss bum-tss....[/quote']

But of course if it wasnt for musicians you'd be fucked....nothing to sample!!!

etc etc, you consistently use this sort of pathetic innuendo.

anyway, what has what I do musically got to do with anything in this discussion? I'm not "reluctant" to see anything, I'm telling you that I think people posting photos of their guitars and amps online like this is pathetic. Let me have my opinion and stfu with your petty digs at me.

I'm not "reluctant" to see anything, I'm telling you that I think people posting photos of their guitars and amps online like this is pathetic.

And that's fine, you can keep that opinion to yourself thanks. It has no place in this particular thread as it contributes nothing useful to it. Instead it all only serves to trigger the usual hostility that no doubt you quite enjoy generating.

Back on topic please everyone. Any further discussion about the merits of posting photos of your musical gear into a MUSICIAN'S FORUM can be posted in the Comments & Suggestions forum instead. Any further such replies will be deleted if they are posted in this thread.

I'm telling you that I think people posting photos of their guitars and amps online like this is pathetic. Let me have my opinion and stfu with your petty digs at me.

That is your opinion and is totally fine. I have no problem with that whatsoever. It won't make me change my ways of displaying my gear and examples of users displaying their gear will not change your opinion.

No water off of either of our backs in my opinion. :)

More than half the cost of a lot of musical instruments' production can be attributed to procedures/materials chosen to make it look nice.

People pay good money for instruments that are designed to look nice.

How pathetic am I for wanting to look at pictures of things that are designed to look nice?

Well the jesus is cool, and the wine adds a certain class. Apart from that I couldn't comment. I wouldn't be all that certain what all those fancy gismos do. I know a guy who does, or probably does. I dunno, he mentioned something mathmatical, and i just had horror flashbacks of higher maths.

I'm afraid my technical knowledge is mostly limited to 'plug in, play'

Well I found it quite creepy seeing Stripey's home, kind of like when they showed pictures of barry George's house or Josef Fritzl's cellar.

That said, I think Stripey's earlier point was fair enough, although when I posted a link to new Crake tracks a while back we got one comment or something, not particularly helpful in the way of feedback. A couple of years ago I posted one track that I'd done with Emma Forman and got loads of very useful comments, not all of them positive, but construcive never the less.

I'm telling you that I think people posting photos of their guitars and amps online like this is pathetic

ohh really, so if i started the thread that must make me pathetic. Didnt think i'd get ridiculed on a musicians forum (by someone i dont even know) for wanting to see peoples musically related gear.

What a nice place this is:down:

ohh really, so if i started the thread that must make me pathetic. Didnt think i'd get ridiculed on a musicians forum (by someone i dont even know) for wanting to see peoples musically related gear.

What a nice place this is:down:

Meh dont let it bother you. I actually liked this thread.

I should post my shizzle up laters :)

I don't see how posting pictures of the gear you've worked hard for and saved up for is pathetic. It might be something you've built or modded yourself. What's the big deal about showing people, seeing as though it's the topic of the thread?

Man, some people go fucking nuts over anything on this forum.