aberdeen-music

Pistol whipped: Lydon entourage's racially motivated assault on bloc party singer

Chris

I typically welcome immigrants to Scotland, as we need the people, but moreover, if you want to live here I admire you, because you must be a bit mental and therefore an honourary Scot.

As for the Poles, Czechs and Africans in this city, I don't recall ever having trouble with them. I wish I could say the same for my fellow native....

I've come home from holiday and hate it even more.

The night life is dreadful' date=' the weather is crap and it's just grey everywhere. I really, really need to move to the US or OZ soon[/quote']

These fucking immigrants, going over to other countries, taking people's jobs, who hate Scotland. How very dare they.

Over time culture and tradition is built up.

Recently I went to Spain. There I met the locals, the vast majority Spanish. I saw the local culture, I sampled the local food and wine. I visited the local landmarks and historic spots.

Then I came back to a country which appeared to have no identity but it might have been Poland...

I can trace my family tree back 500 years and not once has it appeared to go past northern Ireland, Scotland or england. That to me means something. Immigration is fine to a point but what the Labour government has done is a fucking joke.

Regarding your point about gang culture being here previously, of course it was to some element. But I don't think cities like London were running riot with yardies and what not stabbing and shooting each other over drug money.

Spain? This is the same Spain which in the tourists traps has lost any sense of culture due to lager lout British (and a fair few German) going over. Last time I was in one of these tourist towns I seen nothing but English/Irish pubs and restaurants.

As for sticking up for Johnny Rotten's "too many foreigners" does he not remember that his family are all Irish and that he was subject to abuse for it. I can't find the quote where Lydon said that but i don't doubt Ryan. The same Lydon who mingled with IRA members and sympathisers.

Xenophobe, Tory supporter, possible Daily Mail reader...you'd never guess he was a Rangers fan. ;)

Spain? This is the same Spain which in the tourists traps has lost any sense of culture due to lager lout British (and a fair few German) going over. Last time I was in one of these tourist towns I seen nothing but English/Irish pubs and restaurants.

Also it's chock full of South Americans (mostly Argentinian)

As for sticking up for Johnny Rotten's "too many foreigners" does he not remember that his family are all Irish and that he was subject to abuse for it. I can't find the quote where Lydon said that but i don't doubt Ryan. The same Lydon who mingled with IRA members and sympathisers.

Xenophobe, Tory supporter, possible Daily Mail reader...you'd never guess he was a Rangers fan. ;)

Why are you picking the tourist traps? Spain doesn't just consist of Tenerife and Ibiza. Most of mainland spain isn't touristy at all.

That's a bit like measuring culture in the United Kingdom by looking at Blackpool...

If you watch the extras on the recent Sex Pistols concert DVD Therell Always Be An England, John Lydon can be seen chatting to 2 young black gentlemen outside the Arsenal stadium and discussing his Finsbury Park youth and how multicultural it was with no hint of disgust. Given his long standing love of reggae I find it laughable to hear that he somehow triggered this so-called racist assault. And who exactly knows what Gruff Rhys supposedly witnessed did he hear what was said or only witness the violence?

Lydons main gripe seems to be how unrecognisable London is from what he knew as a youth. Its a loss of British identity thing by an excess of foreign culture taking over rather than an actual dislike of immigrants. He also had a rather strong view on buildings such as The Gherkin and their overall effect on the London landscape. I hope no architects get chinned in his presence, hell get blamed for that as well.

• Upvote 2

Immigration is fine to a point but what the Labour government has done is a fucking joke.

Ian Brown (the REAL Ian Brown) has a Mexican wife - I guess that makes her an immigrant in your opinion.

I very much doubt he shares your views - and looking at his band, which is quite a multicultural mix, basically proves that.

Substitute your comments re: Poles to Pakistanis or Indians 40 years ago and your comments mirror Enoch Powels.

And Eric Clapton for some reason.

Substitute your comments re: Poles to Pakistanis or Indians 40 years ago and your comments mirror Enoch Powels.

And Eric Clapton for some reason.

Enoch Powell is largely misquoted and taken out of context.

Eric Clapton claimed it was because a foreigner grabbed his wifes ass at a party, and that he was hammered.

And to MrBrown, you realise this countrys economy is completely reliant on the influx of immigrants to sustain jobs, you xenophobic fuck.

ah of course!

The rise in the threat of terrorism, general hatred of the UK and spiralling gang culture are just some of the benefits of vast immigration.

Feel free to come to the UK everybody! Even if you come here to cause trouble and say how much you hate the country.

Before long Britain won't have any culture left. It will just be a faceless dump.

Interesting that there seems to be a dramatic lack of actual thought put behind this. The same tired theories getting dragged out and touted around like the individual has anything other than simplistic bargain basement level theories on nationalism and cultural separation. At least if you're going to argue something, come up with some better theories, it's the same thing as a Marxist saying 'down with the Bourgeoisie' constantly.

As for sticking up for Johnny Rotten's "too many foreigners" does he not remember that his family are all Irish and that he was subject to abuse for it. I can't find the quote where Lydon said that but i don't doubt Ryan.

It was from a live review piece the NME wrote on one of the Pistols reformation dates and the pre-gig press confrence. I know the NME are generally associated with writing bollocks, but it was a review written by James McMahon who is pretty much one of the biggest Sex Pistols fans writing in modern media, so I don't really doubt it.

Sex Pistols - Sex Pistols; Carling Academy, Brixton London, Monday November 12 - Live Reviews - NME.COM

• Upvote 1

Enoch Powell is largely misquoted and taken out of context.

Eric Clapton claimed it was because a foreigner grabbed his wifes ass at a party, and that he was hammered.

And to MrBrown, you realise this countrys economy is completely reliant on the influx of immigrants to sustain jobs, you xenophobic fuck.

so if we rely on anything that makes it ok? Maybe if benefits weren't so easily handed out then there wouldn't be unemployment in the first place.

Xenophobic fuck? ahahahahaha. As stated previously I have no problem with immigrants, my problem is with the sheer ludicrous amount of them.

Keep the negative feedback coming folks, having 3 red blocks would be awesome.

Kiss kiss.

• Upvote 1

so if we rely on anything that makes it ok? Maybe if benefits weren't so easily handed out then there wouldn't be unemployment in the first place.

Xenophobic fuck? ahahahahaha. As stated previously I have no problem with immigrants, my problem is with the sheer ludicrous amount of them.

Kiss kiss.

no unemployment benefit, no Roses.

all of them were 100% committed doleys.

• Upvote 1

Guest Giles Walker

Kiss kiss.

poor.gif

The rise in the threat of terrorism, general hatred of the UK and spiralling gang culture are just some of the benefits of vast immigration.

If the failed 21/7 bombers had just waited three more days, we'd all be calling them the 24/7 bombers. This would imply that they blow things up all day every day and, despite their actual lack of success, make them at least sound like they were good at bombing.

• Upvote 1

Immigration is fine to a point but what the Labour government has done is a fucking joke.

What have they done wrong? We've managed to steal vast amounts of highly qualified Eastern Europeans (with more to come once we open up to Romania/Bulgaria), a lot of whom will have professional qualifications and degrees - for instance, it's normal for Poles to have at least a Masters degree. Even some of the Poles here doing menial jobs will have ridiculously good qualifications, I know of one particular pisshead that works in a factory, yet has a degree and vast work experience in electronics. The reason he can't work in electronics here? The government cut ESL funding quite dramatically, and so it's quite difficult for them to find the time to learn outside of a structured environment.

The big mistake Labour made was opening up the labour markets without making any sort of plan to expand public services, and in some cases, woefully misjudging things. It's true enough that there's schools struggling to cope with an influx of children that don't speak English - but that's the government's fault, not anyone else's.

What have they done wrong? We've managed to steal vast amounts of highly qualified Eastern Europeans (with more to come once we open up to Romania/Bulgaria), a lot of whom will have professional qualifications and degrees - for instance, it's normal for Poles to have at least a Masters degree. Even some of the Poles here doing menial jobs will have ridiculously good qualifications, I know of one particular pisshead that works in a factory, yet has a degree and vast work experience in electronics. The reason he can't work in electronics here? The government cut ESL funding quite dramatically, and so it's quite difficult for them to find the time to learn outside of a structured environment.

The big mistake Labour made was opening up the labour markets without making any sort of plan to expand public services, and in some cases, woefully misjudging things. It's true enough that there's schools struggling to cope with an influx of children that don't speak English - but that's the government's fault, not anyone else's.

EU citizens coming over is largely outwith their control. The main thing they have probably done is made it so easy for illegal immigrants to come over

EU citizens coming over is largely outwith their control. The main thing they have probably done is made it so easy for illegal immigrants to come over

Easy? Okay, let's look at the reality.

Probably one of the biggest things against illegal immigration was the introduction of the juxtaposed border controls at Dover - essentially, you go through British passport control in France, and French controls in Dover. So that's the first line of defence - if you don't have a valid passport to get into the UK to begin with, then you're not even getting on the ferry.

Then let's consider that the ferry ports are very, very well guarded, as is the Channel Tunnel at Coquelles. You can't just jump a fence - the security is tight, and the French don't take much nonsense from the way of the immigrant communities in the Pas-de-Calais region.

I haven't even mentioned security controls, but these are ridiculously tight in some respects - if you've been through Dover recently, you'll know exactly how tough these are. Effectively, if you're chosen to be searched, you have to drive into a garage, upon which the doors shut. You're then thoroughly searched on your person and in your car - and your documents are again checked. You're questioned as to what you're doing, etc etc - basically, you don't have a hope in hell of getting an illegal immigrant on the ferry.

I'm led to believe that other ports are toughening up too, particularly Ramsgate.

And why don't we talk about how the BIA has been removing vast amounts of people from the UK - and not with a softly, softly touch either.

And obviously, there's the part you've ignored where the new rules are coming into place concerning the sponsorship of visas and assorted punishments for breaking the rules.

If anything, we're toughening up our borders at the time when 21 EU countries have taken down their controls with each other - with a few non-EU countries as part of this.

So...how have they made it easy, hmm?