aberdeen-music

Pistol whipped: Lydon entourage's racially motivated assault on bloc party singer

Chris

lydon became a characture of himself long ago, I fail to see how anyone can take him seriously and the whole lovey "dont you know who i am act" just makes me think he's even more of a prick. As someone pointed out, he was on that fucking desert island programme.

In 30 years time "scary spice" will be on those shows, whoring her girl power fuck the system credentials, leering at the camera and being obnoxious, they are the same thing, and she will be playing to the same 2nd generation naive audience that lydon plays to now.

And there is some amount of shite spoken on this forum, but anyone seriously trying to suggest that Bloc Party deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the Sex Pistols is surely taking the fucking piss.

Agreed. A has been wash out band that made two average albums that still live off of them 30 years on shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as a half decent band that produces good records on a regular basis.

The only comparison you can draw is both the frontmen are twats.

Agreed. A has been wash out band that made two average albums that still live off of them 30 years on shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as a half decent band that produces good records on a regular basis.

The only comparison you can draw is both the frontmen are twats.

Ha ha! Well, at least people still want to hear the Sex Pistols 30 years on. Bloc Party will be lucky to get on the bill at Butlins in 30 years time.

Guest idol_wild
Didn't the tube out if Bloc Party throw a strop because somebody threw something at him at the Music Hall?

I can't believe I'm being moved into siding with Kele, as I also agree that he comes across as a complete twat, but to be fair - he was hit in the head with a pound coin.

I'd object to that aswell.

Though probably with a touch less drama.

Em, no they haven't. That just doesn't work, even as a hyperbole. Bloc Party are a good band, with various top ten hits and albums and a big fanbase.

Brilliant argument. Girls Aloud and McFly have had various top ten hits and albums and and a big fanbase. Are they good bands too?

Brilliant argument. Girls Aloud and McFly have had various top ten hits and albums and and a big fanbase. Are they good bands too?

Em, yeah, the debate was whether bloc party had been forgotten. Selling records proves they haven't.

Them being good was a seperate statement. Try'n keep up, love.

And yeah I'd say both of those bands are good at what they set out to do, make pop records.

Ha ha! Well, at least people still want to hear the Sex Pistols 30 years on. Bloc Party will be lucky to get on the bill at Butlins in 30 years time.

Yeah and status quo can still get high on the bill at festivals on the back of old records, but they're crap.

It's just laziness. I know Lydon himself has released his own gash solo material sporadically through the 80's/90's but still riding off the success of that one record, not really striving to make anything better.

It's just laziness. I know Lydon himself has released his own gash solo material sporadically through the 80's/90's but still riding off the success of that one record, not really striving to make anything better.

I present the case for the defence, m'lud.

YouTube - Leftfield Lydon - Open Up

Rise in particular is unquestionably one of the greatest pop songs of the 80s.

Em, yeah, the debate was whether bloc party had been forgotten. Selling records proves they haven't.

Them being good was a seperate statement. Try'n keep up, love.

Oh well forgive me for thinking that "Bloc Party are a good band, with various top ten hits and albums and a big fanbase." is all part of one statement.

well, they are good but not because they've had top ten hits. they make ace pop music. even if the new mcfly single sounds like the gummi bears theme tune.

well, they are good but not because they've had top ten hits. they make ace pop music.

This is true. However the idea behind pop music is in the name, it appeals to the majority, its popular, so if you sell lots of records it does indicate a halfway decent pop record. Saying that though, lots of marketing etc behind it...mhm...what a mess...

Anyway back on topic.

John Lydon probably isn't a racist, a member of his entourage maybe, and both Kele and John appear to be wankers.

This is true. However the idea behind pop music is in the name, it appeals to the majority, its popular, so if you sell lots of records it does indicate a halfway decent pop record. Saying that though, lots of marketing etc behind it...mhm...what a mess...

Anyway back on topic.

John Lydon probably isn't a racist, a member of his entourage maybe, and both Kele and John appear to be wankers.

end thread.