aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Richardson for the Dons?

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | A | Aberdeen | Richardson interested in Dons job

Fond memory of him making Goram look like a tube by lobbing him from 40 yards.

(think it was him anyway)

Heard rumours Willie Miller fancies it himself, how bigga disaster would that be? As a non Aberdeen supporter I'd find it funny as fuck!

Richardson could be a good shout, at least he'd be a 100% Aberdeen man

I hate it when the football season ends and the speculations just shoot through the roof. Now Portsmouth and Sunderland have been, or are about to be, bought out by absolutely fucking clueless billionaire tossrags, this summer is just going to be non-stop {insert one of the newly rich clubs or Real, United, Chelsea....} make {insert the players value mulitplied by 4+} swoop for {insert world renowned player} - Everyday! Every single day until Deadline day. Not to mention the big clubs that went down or failed to get promoted, i.e. Newcastle and Leeds, losing their players at a ridiculous rate.

Beckford to Barca, 40million.

It's sort of, kinda, nearly September :(

Crawford? you joking? he has taken over at East Fife and has been awful.

You need a manager with experience.

p.s. I hope we arent planning on signing Andy Bagshaw

Nothing wrong with Baggy, if you actually play him in his position.

Whatever that may be... o_O

Crawford? you joking? he has taken over at East Fife and has been awful.

You need a manager with experience.

p.s. I hope we arent planning on signing Andy Bagshaw

Sarcasm really doesnt come across well on forums does it! haha

That comment was made completely in jest, i think the only worse appointment to him would be to bring back alex millar!

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Dean Windass and Lee Richardson to jointly take over the management role of Aberdeen.

Your little pussy players would never lose a fight out in town if they were being coached by those hard bastards.

Dean Windass and Lee Richardson to jointly take over the management role of Aberdeen.

Your little pussy players would never lose a fight out in town if they were being coached by those hard bastards.

Thats fair doo's, but you also wouldn't win any football games! Much the same as now. he he

he was suppose to be one of the next gen of kids coming through even man utd wanted him, i wonder how he could have gone so backwards, maybe says something about the dons youth system.

Heard from someone a while back that he wasn't even the best players at his school, but was signed by the Dons because he was the fastest. Mackie syndrome.

He seems a ecent enough player, but didn't fit in with us because he can only really lay in the hole behind the front two, and we don't play that system.

he was suppose to be one of the next gen of kids coming through even man utd wanted him, i wonder how he could have gone so backwards, maybe says something about the dons youth system.

More likely that he was an early developer physically, and looked very average once he was no longer bigger, stronger and faster than abdy else.

More likely that he was an early developer physically, and looked very average once he was no longer bigger, stronger and faster than abdy else.

yeah actually that sounds about right, the dons are very bad for picking up players who are big, strong and fast rather than actual football players, used to annoy the hell out of my dad when he ran kids teams.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
a number of your youth players were tossed out by aberdeen for being too small, most of them end up at albion boys club and then at Montrose for a while.

The ENTIRE Celtic U19 squad got released at the end of this season. There's some amazing youth development for you.

yeah actually that sounds about right, the dons are very bad for picking up players who are big, strong and fast rather than actual football players, used to annoy the hell out of my dad when he ran kids teams.

Aye, I don't know if they're still doing it, but about 5-10 years ago they were going through a phase of going for athleticism. Guys like Pawlett who were head and shoulders above the rest technically still made it through though. There's been a pretty major overhaul of the youth system though, hasn't there? I know they got rid of Chic McLelland, so hopefully they've sorted their priorities out and stopped judging players by their physiqe in their early teens.

Aye, I don't know if they're still doing it, but about 5-10 years ago they were going through a phase of going for athleticism. Guys like Pawlett who were head and shoulders above the rest technically still made it through though. There's been a pretty major overhaul of the youth system though, hasn't there? I know they got rid of Chic McLelland, so hopefully they've sorted their priorities out and stopped judging players by their physiqe in their early teens.

you would hope so because it has cost the club millions i would imagine.

I remember the guy scot michie from my school got signed up the dons and he was miles from the best player at our school, BUT he was very strong, fast and big so the dons lapped him up, look how far he got......