• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by thesultanofswing86:

well none of you can argue with this one

"I know nothing except my own ignorance" - Socrates

That's normally how i make a quick escape from arguments im losing

Trust me i do that when it comes to films.....

If it`s JFK, Crocodile Dundee, Smokey and the bandit, Bv Hill Cops, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Back To The Future, The Goonies or any Bond film then I`m your man...... Apart from that NEVER ask me about a film......NEVER start a sentence with "Have you seen......" as "No!" is always the answer. Then i get... "But you must have seen....." ...

e.g...

"You know that bit in Pulp Fiction....?"

"No!"

"Have you seen Pulp Fiction?"

"No!"

"But you must have seen Pulp Fiction?"

"(sigh) No!"

Originally posted by Lawy Lawson:Attorney:

Most of you, with maybe the exception of Ross, Bee ('cos she's my "bird" and I know she likes some varied, intresting and quality stuff) and a couple of others need to stop learning everything you know about music from Scuzz TV, because your lack of understanding and attack of a "genre" (you can't even identify properly in most cases) is laughable at best and depressing at worst.

I'll lend you a fiver if you promise to buy yourself a clue.

On a lot of American message boards, you'll find emo classed as bands ranging from Weezer to DC through to Fugazi and Death Cab for Cutie. In the UK, we seem to take it to mean H*R, FFAF, Finch. I'd say I'm an emo fan, hopefully not one of the asymetric haircut krew (who can be kinda annoying, but they'll go away like keychains and dreadlocks did), but I appreciate a lot of the bands that fall under this catagory that most of emo's detractors in this message board are to ignorant or too lazy to know about (they don't have any videos on TV, you see!) even though I don't care for bands like Taking Back Sunday.

Don't hate 'em, but I've come to realise I really don't care about 'em. What a lot of you seem to be doing is drawing conclusions from a small (and mediocre) sample size:

"Taking back Sunday or BrandNew don't have as many acne scars/lightning solos as Metallica, therefore all emo sucks'

Good 'een, guys. Next time I see a HIM video, I'll conclude all metal sucks and throw away all my Fear Factory, Therapy and Ministry CD's?

Think about it. You know, if you have the patience or mental dexterity too.

Thanks.

I hope you're nae including me in this bunch of ne'r do wells Lawson :swearing:

Strangely with this forum you're one of the people on here that I want to meet in person the most along with Frosty Jack (properly), Alan Cynic, Chilli, Stephen, Lester_Burnham & Neil (there are others but it's late ;) ) but then I get the fear like when I meet bands that you're going to turn out to be rubbiss in real life and make me cry and wish I hidnae bothered. Aaahaah! ;)

My 3/4 length camoflauge shorts rule as they allow easy movement, ventilation and indeed they show off my Muppets socks, which as everyone should know, rock.

if you're out lawy lawson hunting...he's most likely to be seen in/around aberdeen uni campus during term time....or heading towards captain toms most fridays (we've changed our name AGAIN by the way, jarvis and claire like 'one winged angel', i'm alright with it), scoping out the KING OF TEH ROBOTS!!!.

Originally posted by Ross:

Chances are that you have all met before...

I`m certain that we have met before...

However I`m even more of a pillock in real life

I've seen you, you're that guy from Nsync, JC Chasez, you looked rad in your new video. Sex ROCK!

Guest pop-notmyface
Originally posted by metallica_jaco:

who started the emo revolution? Emo music is so bad, i want to start a campaign against emo! Its the worst genre ever. Bands like Funeral For A Friend and Finch are the worst bands on the planet, and how can people be inspired by this rubbish!! ARGGHHHHH :swearing:

if you hate emo so much, you might want to track down Ian McKaye and Garrett Klahn from Rites Of Spring and Texas Is The Reasons respectively. as a matter of fact, if you really hate emo that much you can also blame any band with a slightly hardcore sound (Black Flag, Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, Bad Brains ect...) and any band or artist with an emotional content (Guns & Roses, Elvis, Weezer ect...). ;)

What of shite alot of you speak.

Who cares whatever the hell emo is ... why bring f4af they are shite non stop no matter what genre they are

well i suppose that is what most of you are good at.

moaning over the internet trying to get sympathy vote or as jakes says a few of you are just trying to get laid.

Now if you speaking about stuff like Killswitch Engage as that has moments of melody and i suppose stuff along those lines is what would be called "emo"but it suites it fine and i love it !!!!

Originally posted by Lawy Lawson:Attorney:

Most of you, with maybe the exception of Ross, Bee ('cos she's my "bird" and I know she likes some varied, intresting and quality stuff) and a couple of others need to stop learning everything you know ........................................

.......................................Good 'een, guys. Next time I see a HIM video, I'll conclude all metal sucks and throw away all my Fear Factory, Therapy and Ministry CD's?

Think about it. You know, if you have the patience or mental dexterity too.

Thanks.

What an excellent post. I find these days I am permanently defending emo, just because the lazy bashing of it is so annoying. Generally, people seemingly don't have a clue on what they are talking about or what emo even is! Especially all these 'metal kids' who always slag emo... that pisses me off. Slagging off emo is actually the new emo to me.

The way emo is stereotyped is equivalent to saying all metal bands sing about demons and dragons and wear spandex and have mullets. It's stupid.

I don't actually like "real" emo...and that includes everyone from Far, Fugazi and Shelter through to dashboard confessional and Brand New. The only "emo" album I own is the Funeral For A Friend one, which isn't even emo anyway.

But I'd rather simply say it's just not my type of music as opposed to going around spouting off uneducated drivel which to me is jumping on a bandwagon every-bit as much as those who grow their hair like the "faggy emo bands".

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

What an excellent post. I find these days I am permanently defending emo, just because the lazy bashing of it is so annoying. Generally, people seemingly don't have a clue on what they are talking about or what emo even is! Especially all these 'metal kids' who always slag emo... that pisses me off. Slagging off emo is actually the new emo to me.

The way emo is stereotyped is equivalent to saying all metal bands sing about demons and dragons and wear spandex and have mullets. It's stupid.

I don't actually like "real" emo...and that includes everyone from Far, Fugazi and Shelter through to dashboard confessional and Brand New. The only "emo" album I own is the Funeral For A Friend one, which isn't even emo anyway.

But I'd rather simply say it's just not my type of music as opposed to going around spouting off uneducated drivel which to me is jumping on a bandwagon every-bit as much as those who grow their hair like the "faggy emo bands".

"Metal kids"

fuck that posing scumfucks !!!

:cheers:

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

"Metal kids"

fuck that posing scumfucks !!!

:cheers:

It's not kids who are into metal that piss me off - naturally, being a total metaller myself - I think that's a good thing!

You dont' get awards for being "the most into metal"

I really do understand where non-metal lovers come from when they say how narrow-minded a lot of the metal kids are.

Guest allsystemsfail
Originally posted by metallica_jaco:

who started the emo revolution? Emo music is so bad, i want to start a campaign against emo! Its the worst genre ever. Bands like Funeral For A Friend and Finch are the worst bands on the planet, and how can people be inspired by this rubbish!! ARGGHHHHH :swearing:

Emo's origins can be found in the music of classic DC hardcore outfits Embrace and Rites Of Spring.

What the fuck I cant beleive im reading this! Complete narrow mindedness once again! Ok there are some really bad emo bands but the same can be said for any genre! Emo has derived from many genres including punk rock,new wave,metal,jazz etc. I am not a big fan of rap but I still appreciate there are some good rappers out there and I dont degrade myself by making a stupid thread moaning about rapping. I dont like a lot of Rn B but again i dont make a silly thread about how much I think it sucks.

Get a Grip yeh?

To be honest I prefer Funeral For a Friend *or insert other emo band if FFAF aren't emo by your standards* to Metallica. I'd hardly say I was emo. I'm obsessive about vocalists though, and despite the fact that appreciate Metallica for their skill and song writing ability, the vocalist just irritates me.... "hey hey hey... I have a grindy voice and am a big scary beardy bastards.... hey hey hey"

I actually like the melodic vocals that appear in, "emo" through the chaos and screams come a voice of beauty (sometimes... if they can sing) and that appeals to me vastly.

So I'm actually siding with the emo kids here.

Actually in reference to local bands.... I went to see My Mind's Weapon the other week, and I thought they were quite enjoyable... the guitarist I would say was more metal than anything... the drummer was pretty much hardcore based from what I observed and the vocals had the combination of screams and melody. Aren't they classed as "Emo"? I quite liked them anyway. A lot heavier than most local stuff I've heard.

Originally posted by Camie:

Yeh and anyway Metallica have done probably the shittist album ive bought Street Anger!;)

:laughing:

To be honest, I have 'Master of puppets' and I completely appreciate the instrumentals. Just those vocals...:swearing:

Guest allsystemsfail

Yeh and anyway Metallica have done probably the shittist album ive bought Street Anger!;)

I have to say I was rather disappointed that Pusshead lent his talents to this album.

Nah the other albums I dont know yet metallica do have a few decent songs...

...but let me ask you this question...

"Whats Democracy?";)

ya know the rest

Ah stick to asking me political questions on political threads... or my little blonde head will just get all confused ;)