aberdeen-music

Cap'n Jazz

davidm

I recently got 'Analphabetapolothology' having heard a lot about these guys, and I was blown away by it. It's fantastic to think that the Kinsella brothers were 15 and 12 respectively when they formed; this album's gone through so many listens in my flat it's unbelieveable. I'd imagine quite a lot of people on here are fans...

Cheers for the recommendations. I'm already a big fan of Hot Club de Paris as well, only had time to check out Shittalker, but what I listened to of them impressed me a lot.

I reckon tomorrow before WIFEBEATER play at the Tunnels will be taken up by checking your own and stuartmaxwell's suggestions!

Better recommendations;

MySpace.com - Algernon Cadwallader - Yardley/West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Surf / Afro-beat / Christian Rap - www.myspace.com/algernoncadwallader - Cap'n Jazz for 2008. And just incase, no, that's not Tim Kinsella singing. 7" out, LP on it's way. Both are off da hook.

MySpace.com - Street Smart Cyclist - BETHLEHEM, US - Emo / Grime / Happy Hardcre - www.myspace.com/streetsmartcyclist - Perhaps more like early Braid, but the MATH is there. And the vox. Pretty much the best band ever.

MySpace.com - THIS TOWN NEEDS GUNS - Oxford, UK - Indie / Alternative - www.myspace.com/thistownneedsguns - The UK doing there bit. More American Football than C'nJ though.

Seriously don't get the Hot Club de Paris love, and they sound as much like C'nJ as my mum.

Better recommendations;

MySpace.com - Algernon Cadwallader - Yardley/West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Surf / Afro-beat / Christian Rap - www.myspace.com/algernoncadwallader - Cap'n Jazz for 2008. And just incase, no, that's not Tim Kinsella singing. 7" out, LP on it's way. Both are off da hook.

I am a fan of cadwallader, but they might as well be a kinsella project

i got a copy of analphabetaetc a couple weeks ago too, it's been rocking my metaphorical socks, all jerky and shouty and whatnot

i sought them out after listening to a band called "owls", another kinsella bros project i believe, i would describe it as like c'n j but less jerky and shouty i suppose, i dunno

Two more awesome bands from down my old way. Both shortlived too, but very good. My old band toured last summer with Ricky Jupiter Lander's new band which came up as far as Dundee. We sold more Jupiter Lander records than our own. Pop stars.

Yes, I was in It's Broken!

I'd mail you a the split tape with Owl of Justice but I don't think I even have my own copy. To be honest though, you're probably better off without it :up:

Whilst recording it, I got into a right mood because I was unhappy with my guitar tone. I think you can actually hear me throwing a strop between the song silences.

I dunno if they are carrying on. Their singer emigrated to Canada. I was going to do vocals for them, but I moved up here. Arguably more glamerous than stinkin' Canada.