aberdeen-music

My Minds Weapon - New album/shirts/news etc...

Dan G

Hello all,

Our album, 'The Carrion Sky', is to be released nationally (HMV/Amazon/iTunes etc.) through Basick records on 7th April... finally! It's been ready for a while now, and was originally scheduled for a February release but alas it's been put back to coincide with our next couple of UK tours. The album was mixed and mastered by Dan Weller and Justin Hill of SikTh fame, and sounds fantastic. The artwork (which was all done by myself) is below, and the inlay booklet has another 10 pages of similarly themed, slightly conceptual artwork that ties in with the title and front cover.

frontJPEG.jpg

If anyone wants it early, then come along to Moshulu this friday as we are supporting the mighty As I Lay Dying on the only Scottish date of their tour.

I have also done a new tshirt design which we will be selling at the show:

WOLF-SHIRTsmall.jpg

We were also in Total Guitar magazine this month if anyone reads that! Keep eyes peeled in all the other usual mags as I'm hoping for a bit of exposure over the next few months.

We were also scheduled to shoot our second video last week but Alex was pretty ill, so that has been re-scheduled for sometime in late Spring. More info on that as it happens.

Dates for the next tours etc can be found at the usual myspace site:

MySpace.com - MY MINDS WEAPON [NEW MERCH COMING SOON!] - Aberdeen, UK - Metal / Hardcore / Progressive - www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

I remember the days when MMW threads used to be sooooo much better.....the threads missing....

The lead singer dude that used to get banned all the time, then use his fiancees account pretending it was her - "Im so fuckin stoked about this album, i think the best quality of our band is modesty but i'd just like to say this is probably the greatest thing to come out of Aberdeen, ever, and i can't see Kerrang looking past it for the top album of 2008 or maybe even ever. Hear me now."

Jamesy "Who are you? Noone knows your name, did i say you can look at this thread? Infact you can all suck my cock cos im fucking the Fudge voted sexiest girl in Aberdeen! Bow down plebs!!!"

Not a fan of the music, not my thing, nice artwork tho :up:

And green. So very purple and green.

To me it just looks too cartoony, especially compared with the dark realism of the artwork. They just don't go together.

Yeah, it's everything I hate about metal band T-shirts. But this could also be why they like it. It shows their love for certain influences.

But the album artwork is fucking ace. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Saw the Total Guitar article on myspace. Great stuff.

Regarding the t-shirts... It's not really meant to relate to the album artwork as such. (although "the wolves are at your door" is a line from a song...) Colour-wise it looked a lot 'darker' and less cartoon-y when it was more sombre colours (browny/green etc). I only did this purple and green colour scheme for a laugh... but then everyone who saw it thought it was the best because it WAS so different. Our last 2 or 3 shirt designs were a lot duller colours (which again, I prefer personally). However, after a while the purple and green totally grew on me so I'm happy with it. I guess it's like marmite.

Design-wise, I think we're at least the first band to use a cerberus on a t-shirt. Skulls, snakes, wings etc are so ridiculously overdone that at least there should be points or originality!

Yeah, it's everything I hate about metal band T-shirts. But this could also be why they like it. It shows their love for certain influences.

Quite possibly! I grew up loving pushead (who did all the classic metallica t-shirt designs), so that's always going to show slightly.

cliche's aside, i always liked the dagger girl tee. always though that could have been redone as it was an early one. i do like the artwork, will we need to buy the cd for the rest of it? i think the one with the bird for '...kokura' is the best out of the latest ones. the cream and red thing looked cool.

'at least your not dead' chick was pretty mangled, quite cool, but i dont think anything could top the Red Chord's Clients artwork.

' date=' post: 460314"']cliche's aside, i always liked the dagger girl tee. always though that could have been redone as it was an early one. i do like the artwork, will we need to buy the cd for the rest of it? i think the one with the bird for '...kokura' is the best out of the latest ones. the cream and red thing looked cool.

'at least your not dead' chick was pretty mangled, quite cool, but i dont think anything could top the Red Chord's Clients artwork.

All the recent single artwork I did pretty quickly to be honest (about a days for each) where as I literally spent 6 months doing the artwork for the album.

I'm afraid you will have to buy it to see it all - 8 (i think) but it would be worth it! ;)

We really went to town on the whole package so you get loads of artwork, lyrics, the kokura video in proper fancy quality (rather than the pixelly small screen that it turns into on youtube).

You're spot on about the clients artwork, it's aweome. It was the same guy that did the trivium and mastodon albums, I think.