aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Sadly last film i watched was Disney Treasure Island , it was on channel 5 yesterday. It wasn't the worst thing i've ever seen, because even thought i was pottering around withe the wireless i still watched it to the end.

Space pirates were better than what fish boy has in pirates of the caribbean.

Made Of Honour. NY Guy who's a serial shagger meets "special" girl. Guy falls in love. Girl goes to Scotland on business for 6 weeks. Guy decides to wait till she gets back to NY before he tells her how he feels. Girl arrives back in NY with Tommy from Trainspotting and announces they're going to get married in Scotland in a month. Girl asks guy to be her bridesmaid. Guy and his basketball buddies hatch a plan to "steal the bride". Can you guess what happens next?

Formulaic plot, cheesy dialogue and some of the worst Scottish stereotypes I've ever seen (everywhere has to be reached by ferry, there's nothing but ocuntryside, every road is blocked with sheep and cows, everybody has a big beard and shaggy hair and wears a kilt, drink whisky, and best of all, they randomly have caber tossing competitions).

Despite all this it was almost watchable if you're looking for something that's all fluff and no filler.

**1/2

Made Of Honour. NY Guy who's a serial shagger meets "special" girl. Guy falls in love. Girl goes to Scotland on business for 6 weeks. Guy decides to wait till she gets back to NY before he tells her how he feels. Girl arrives back in NY with Tommy from Trainspotting and announces they're going to get married in Scotland in a month. Girl asks guy to be her bridesmaid. Guy and his basketball buddies hatch a plan to "steal the bride". Can you guess what happens next?

Formulaic plot, cheesy dialogue and some of the worst Scottish stereotypes I've ever seen (everywhere has to be reached by ferry, there's nothing but ocuntryside, every road is blocked with sheep and cows, everybody has a big beard and shaggy hair and wears a kilt, drink whisky, and best of all, they randomly have caber tossing competitions).

Despite all this it was almost watchable if you're looking for something that's all fluff and no filler.

**1/2

Och Aye

Hoots Mon

The Noo

Watched Children of Men last night for about the 5th time, absolutely epic. 5.1 track's decent and it's just an all-round great film. The single-cut scenes with the car ambush and 8-minute single-cut war shot are just outstanding. Great, original story and all the little details like posters, adverts and general background noise, make it totally believable. Score: 9/10

Watched Crash, having read the book by J.G. Ballard.. Reminded me a little of Short Cuts etc - that whole idea of bringing the little stories together that are interconnected. Not an exact translation of the book by any means, if anything its been made a lot milder by David Cronenberg but worth a watch anyway. Its only 3 in HMV too!

Watched Crash, having read the book by J.G. Ballard.. Reminded me a little of Short Cuts etc - that whole idea of bringing the little stories together that are interconnected. Not an exact translation of the book by any means, if anything its been made a lot milder by Paul Haggis but worth a watch anyway. Its only 3 in HMV too!

Are you sure you're talking about the same "Crash"?

The JG Ballard book is completely different from the Paul Haggis movie - which is about racism and bigotry.

It was filmed back in 1996 (see link) Crash (1996) and directed by David Cronenberg

Watched Crash, having read the book by J.G. Ballard.. Reminded me a little of Short Cuts etc - that whole idea of bringing the little stories together that are interconnected. Not an exact translation of the book by any means, if anything its been made a lot milder by Paul Haggis but worth a watch anyway. Its only 3 in HMV too!

'Made a lot milder'???? Did the massive difference in theme not kind of indicate it was not based on that book???

Are you sure you're talking about the same "Crash"?

The JG Ballard book is completely different from the Paul Haggis movie - which is about racism and bigotry.

It was filmed back in 1996 (see link) Crash (1996) and directed by David Cronenberg

Noted and edited... 1996 version - wrong director :s

Great start Za LOL... I blame it on early mornings :ding:

I know, and James Spader is even worse.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, looks like I'm picking on you this morning. :) )

Yes, get tae.

You know something, I thought John Spader was wrong as well. But I got distracted and never bothered googling to check and edit.

I fail miserably.

John or James, he's still a slimy looking guy. he was highly punchable in 'Pretty in Pink' as well.

Yes, get tae.

You know something, I thought John Spader was wrong as well. But I got distracted and never bothered googling to check and edit.

I fail miserably.

John or James, he's still a slimy looking guy. he was highly punchable in 'Pretty in Pink' as well.

He's been sleazy in a few things as well, hasn't he? Crash, Secretary, Sex Lies and Videotape...

Watched the Matrix Reloaded last night since it was on TV.

First time I'd ever seen it (I watched the first Matrix film on Monday last week). The second film is good, but not as good as the first one, and it got slightly confusing towards the end.

I'm hoping they show the third film next week.

The 3rd one is absolute shite. The 2nd is not much better. I hope, for your sake, they don't show it. Having said that, better to waste your time watching it on TV than waste your money at the Cinema or on a DVD or Blu Ray. :up:

Watched the Matrix Reloaded last night since it was on TV.

First time I'd ever seen it (I watched the first Matrix film on Monday last week). The second film is good, but not as good as the first one, and it got slightly confusing towards the end.

I'm hoping they show the third film next week.

It's fucking garbage. I went to see it at the cinema and contemplated taking a shit in my hand and throwing it at the projection room as a protest.

The best thing about the Matrix sequels was Monica Belluci. But she's not in there for long so it's not much respite.

The rave scene is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Was that in the 2nd or 3rd film?

Agreed, on both counts

rave was in the 2nd one. It was laughable because it clearly served absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than to sexify the film up a bit.

First Matrix is an absolute treat the first time you see it. Ive not seen it in ages, I wonder how it's aged.

The best thing about the Matrix sequels was Monica Belluci. But she's not in there for long so it's not much respite.

The rave scene is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Was that in the 2nd or 3rd film?

Double secret agreed! Belluci is tha bomb

The Bacardi Breezer advert at the start of the second film had me laughing out loud in the cinema. The Matrix sequels are one of the largest cinematic disappointments of my life. Absolute bollocks. I went to the cinema 6 times to see the first one, didn't even bother with the third....

To be fair the second one gets some kudos for the amazing motorbike chase scene.

And for the blink and you'll miss it snatch of Monica's muff through her dress.

Tonight I watched the original 'Inglorious Bastards' after picking it up for 3.99 in HMV. A B Movie for sure but actually quite an enjoyable one. Fred Williamson does a neat line in bad ass shooting Nazi faces. And there is a completely pointless Nazi chicks swimming then pulling out machine guns naked scene. 7/10.