aberdeen-music

Femora looking for new vocalist.......

ANGEL O' DEATH

As a band Femora have recently decided that we need a different type of vocalist.

Crocker was ace for us but we feel as though we need someone different.

It's never easy asking someone to leave a band but i'm sure he will be part of another one soon.

to anyone who hasn't heard us our influences range through

BoySetsFire, 36 Crazyfists, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold etc.....

looking for powerful melodic vocals (would be nice if u can scream also)

If you think you would like to be the vocalist for Fem(~)ra

contact anyone from the band

me, sye, marty or the tank

cheers

Guest Marching Children

You had a charasmatic and distinctive lead singer who was a major part of the bands appeal and you've went and sacked him. What a great idea!

Yeah, I have to agree. I saw Femora once when we played with them @ Drakes. I thought the vocalist was really good. In fact, I htought the whole band were good, so I hope for their sake they're not going to go and get someone to scream all the time, as the melodic vocals were a big part of my enjoyment of them:

looking for powerful melodic vocals (would be nice if u can scream also)

Hmm, that looks fair enough.

Still, I really liked that vocalist...

i know crockers CHUMS are wondering why we asked him to go......

fact is how can anyone tell us that we have had no bad reviews about his vocals

when all they know is what is written on this board.

we have had many personal conversations with people who say different, not just vocals but have made many comments about the band as a whole. Shit that people are too scared to write on the board i.e. (the truth).

As i have said once already crocker is a good singer, just not what we are looking for in the long run.

We do not believe his voice is best suited for our music and at the end of the day thats all that matters, anybody who does not listen to the same sort of music will have a different opinion.

Now can we get on with getting a new vocalsit, i'de appreciate it if nothing more was said.

thank you

yeah we may have not had any "bad" reviews but if you cant play the music you love for yourself then whats the point?

and any band in aberdeen will tell you, playing music is a love not a job. so to say yet again there was nothing wrong with crocker but he didnt complete us as a band and thats why we let him go. losing a band member makes or breaks the band and i for one have no intensions of becoming an average obscure band, stoner rock or not!

one things for sure the next gig will be a must watch!!!

Guest highroller

listen...why is everyone having a go?

its their band for christ sake!! If they are writing the music then they will have the type of vocals they want in mind...

pavarotti is a damn good singer but would he sound good over risactonia....??

Guest Puppets
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

lpavarotti is a damn good singer but would he sound good over risactonia....??

That sounds like a good idea actually.

Thanks

Big thanks to all the support guys, means alot!

As this is a thread for an advert i should say that anyone intersted should pm the band (me, angel_of_death, the_tank, sye) we will audition anyone who asks and is serious!

our new shit absolutely fucking rocks so nows the time!!!

THE TIME APROACHES

Will I do?

Hi, I am a 1st soprano and have just come back from singing at a wedding in Kings college chapel. I am always up for a challenge and would like to diversify into a different kind of music. I would love to hear your songs and see if I would enjoy adding the vocals to them. I can sing very high (3 octave range) and I am sure that I could scream when I needed to, not much call for that sort of thing at weddings :-)

Cheers

Guest The Dark Knight
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

listen...why is everyone having a go?

its their band for christ sake!! If they are writing the music then they will have the type of vocals they want in mind...

pavarotti is a damn good singer but would he sound good over risactonia....??

so if you got kicked out of 'Weapon', you wouldn't feel slightly down that no one bothered to post "Oh, but Ben made the band! Ben was great! Ben was this that and everything!"

save it Ben, save it!