aberdeen-music

Watch out, Beadle's a...DEAD!

Mac Atom

He really was a big celebrity..... but on the other hand etc....

Sadly missed. A bit of a personal hero in a way as he was an keen amateur magician (and member of the magic circle) as well as a TV joker.

Perhaps this is his biggest TV joke yet. He'll pop up in a false beard and glasses and tell his wife she's been on Beadles About! :jester:

Guest Steven Dedalus
Poor Beadle.

Life dealt him a bad hand, that's for sure.

Nice one...

But seriously, folks...

In a weird twist of fate, it has turned out that Jeremy Beadle's last interview was with.....ME!!!!

I was producing a radio programme just before christmas, and on our boxing day show, we had Beadle on it....and now he's dead.

I feel weird.

Guest Steven Dedalus
brb calling the cops

I don't blame you. This isn't the first time this has happened either.

In 2006, I took part in what turned out to be Northern Irish politician David Ervine's last ever interview.

it was about facial hair, and I was the other guest.

Hopefully I don't have the touch of death.

Although if I do, I have a few enemies that I'm going to smite.

Nice one...

But seriously, folks...

In a weird twist of fate, it has turned out that Jeremy Beadle's last interview was with.....ME!!!!

I was producing a radio programme just before christmas, and on our boxing day show, we had Beadle on it....and now he's dead.

I feel weird.

Stay away from me....o_O

Guest Steven Dedalus

Here, I was just thinking:

Do I not deserve a boost to my reputation or something?

I mean, to all extents and purposes, I just killed Jeremy Beadle!

What does a guy have to do to earn reputation round here.

I should be absolutley notorious.....

Here, I was just thinking:

Do I not deserve a boost to my reputation or something?

I mean, to all extents and purposes, I just killed Jeremy Beadle!

What does a guy have to do to earn reputation round here.

I should be absolutley notorious.....

you can't give reputation for anything in general discussion :)

Guest Steven Dedalus

Don't care.

I killed a celebrity, beloved of the whole nation (as this thread proves...ahem.)

I deserve some respect.

I mean, how many of us on here can legitimately* claim to have killed a celebrity?

*Steven Dedalus' lawyers would like to point out that he didn't actually kill Jeremy Beadle, he just spoke to him.

Guest Steven Dedalus
You may be off the hook. He was on the Politics Show talking about his charity work, just a couple of weeks ago apparently.

Thank christ....I thought I was personally responsible for his death.

I think it's a bit unfair that he's been branded as this twatty figure to be made fun of- think back to the 80s with Beadles About, Game For A Laugh, etc. he was the king of Saturday night entertainment back then, and he was doing things nobody else was doing at the time, and are still copying to this day. And it was him who started You've Been Framed, which is still on. Plus he did a lot for charities and the likes. I'm actually quite saddened by the news and I think some of the "jokes" in this thread are in poor taste.

I think it's a bit unfair that he's been branded as this twatty figure to be made fun of- think back to the 80s with Beadles About, Game For A Laugh, etc. he was the king of Saturday night entertainment back then, and he was doing things nobody else was doing at the time, and are still copying to this day. And it was him who started You've Been Framed, which is still on. Plus he did a lot for charities and the likes. I'm actually quite saddened by the news and I think some of the "jokes" in this thread are in poor taste.

No you're quite right. The man was a light entertainment giant in the 80s and deserves respect for what he achieved. Instead of ridicule we should all give him a big hand...